Thread: Ring Catch Up

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ring Catch Up

I gotta say the weekly catch up in Tanaan is very nice but they should honestly do something like they did in MoP where the next tier of raid can drop the previous tier's item like BRF giving stones and HFC giving runes. It just helps it speed along nicely and the expac is almost done so don't see a reason as to why not for alts and stuff. Wanna know what others think

They did. It's called your shipyard. Turning in shipyard missions + weekly apexis shit and running the raids means abrogators take 2 (MAX 3 if you're unlucky, and that week is shared with first week of runes aswell), and runes 3 max 4 weeks (with one week being shared with abrogators), for a max of 6 weeks to be on the tome step. That's plenty for a catch up.

That being said you're just so late out in the expansion right now that it's not worth getting the ring as you likely won't max it untill the very end of the expansion - worst case scenario:

3 weeks abrogators.
    4 weeks runes.
    (6 weeks total due to 1x week overlap).
    4x weeks tomes (8-9 a week).

Then you can get a max of 3x upgrades from VP + 1x upgrade from archi every week for the ring, giving you 5 weeks to reach level 795 ring - so a total of about 15 weeks (or 3-4 months, depending on luck). So rolling an alt now and wanting the ring is just meh.

By using the mission completion things you get from the spirit lodge, I was able to get past the stones and runes from HM and BRF, as well as the sea chart in one week. There are also guys in Tanaan that will trade apexis for stones and runes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BcShane13 View Post
    I gotta say the weekly catch up in Tanaan is very nice but they should honestly do something like they did in MoP where the next tier of raid can drop the previous tier's item like BRF giving stones and HFC giving runes. It just helps it speed along nicely and the expac is almost done so don't see a reason as to why not for alts and stuff. Wanna know what others think
    At this point, it makes little sense for alt characters to have to do Abrogators/Tablets. The tomes? Sure.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Well. once u actually get the ring, u can spam valor upgrades and max the ring very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Well. once u actually get the ring, u can spam valor upgrades and max the ring very quickly.
    Yep, got my Warlock's ring maxed in 3 weeks on top of upgrading regular pieces of loot.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yep, got my Warlock's ring maxed in 3 weeks on top of upgrading regular pieces of loot.
    Not mathematically possible. Max per week is:

2400 Mythics.
    500 Weekly.
    750 HFC LFRs.
    700 Random heroics.
    525 Highmaul/BRF lfrs.

Total of 4875. Some weeks don't have the weekly VP bonus, but lets assume 3 in a row does for your scenario.

You need 20 upgrades.
    You start with 5000 VP, so capped - this is 4 upgrades.
    You get 3 upgrades from the three archimonde weekly kills in your 3 resets. Now we're at 7.

4875*3 = 14625 VP / 1250 = 11.7.
    You're 1.3 (or 2, because we don't have decimal-upgrades) short in the very best case scenario you could ever get.

To claim you maxed it in 3 weeks *along* with upgrading loot is just not mathematically possible. You can't upgrade it in 3 weeks even WITHOUT upgrading gear.

3 lockouts, no.

But you can fit 4 lockouts within 3 calendar weeks so its totally doable in that sense.

3 lockouts, no.

But you can fit 4 lockouts within 3 calendar weeks so its totally doable in that sense.
    This. Probably should've clarified, but the tl,dr is that it's pretty fucking easy to max the ring. :^)

3 lockouts, no.

Didn't think anyone would be silly enough to not speak in terms of lockouts, considering they also last a week.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This. Probably should've clarified, but the tl,dr is that it's pretty fucking easy to max the ring. :^)

Probably should yea. I've literally never seen anyone speak in terms of actual "weeks" rather than resets when discussing WoW timeframes, and I've been spamming these forums for awhile :s.

Well, even if you speak in terms of lockouts, you can have a bunch of VP saved before you acquire the ring, use it all in the first lockout and then acquire 4875 more in the same lockout

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Well, even if you speak in terms of lockouts, you can have a bunch of VP saved before you acquire the ring, use it all in the first lockout and then acquire 4875 more in the same lockout
    If you bothered to read my post, I included the 5000 vp you could have before you got the ring mate <.<.

Fair, I'm an idiot

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    At this point, it makes little sense for alt characters to have to do Abrogators/Tablets. The tomes? Sure.
    Lol, someone forgot the valor points.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should make the legendary stuff like in SoO, you get the past missions items from the new raid too so you get more chances to do it faster or simply you're not forced to do the old raid anymore.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Time to get your legendary ring is waning. This change will never happen, because they want Highmaul and BrF LFR to have a sufficient amount of ppl who queue. Stop wishing stuff you won't get and enjoy the valor from all LFR's.

IMO the way that it is right now, with the catch-up system is just perfect. Tons of ways to get your items needed for it.

Agreed with the above poster, current system is perfect

I've got 1 main with a maxed 795 ring and 4 alts with various stages (753-750-738-640). Yet to be seen how many will max. I won't be doing everything with every toon every week. In addition to real life, there's also game time I don't feel like using to valor farm. I think maybe two dungeons per day per toon is realistic, one mythic and one heroic. That gives me 2800/week per toon.

I'm thinking I'll end up with 3 maxed rings and 2 more in the mid 700s.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

15+ Year Old Account
    i love you people who get 8-9 tomes/week and think everyone else does as well.

i'm sitting at 19/33 on my alt after 4 weeks of full clears (9-10 bosses on heroic, i cover the others through lfr) the only problem with ring catchup is that it works only up to the last stage, then it stalls and you have to pray to the RNG gods you'll get more then 4 tomes/week.