Poll: What percentage of the WoD mistakes do you believe have been corrected in Legion?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What has Blizzard learned in the last 18 months?

We are now 18 months into WoD and the expansion has effectively wrapped up and we can look back and evaluate the expansion. No expansion is perfect and has mistakes that Blizzard can learn from. And WoD is no exception. It is one thing to identify the mistakes, and it is another to learn from them and correct the mistakes. Which leads to the discussion questions:

1. What are some of the WoD mistakes that you think Blizzard has identified in the last 18 months?
    2. Do you think that they have corrected and learned from these mistakes in Legion? Why/why not and how/how not?

I'd say 90% of the issues they created with WoD, have been learned from and improved upon in Legion. The remaining 10% is down to their patch schedule, quality and quantity of content beyond patch 7.0 and all that jazz.

If those things really start to suffer, that 10% will increase and at the end of Legion, they could be down to 0%, as in they didn't really learn shit from WoD. Hoping that won't be the case.

7+ Year Old Account
    It looks like they are learning from most of their mistakes in WoD, but can't really say for sure until Legion has been out for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'd say 90% of the issues they created with WoD, have been learned from and improved upon in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    It looks like they are learning from most of their mistakes in WoD, but can't really say for sure until Legion has been out for a while.
    Which issues/mistakes and how have they learned from them?

What has blizzard learned?

"holy shit these rubes will pay for anything we shit out!" perhaps?

Seriously though they have seen where the new 'line' is for players so they can keep it there, let the consumer settle till its the new norm then shift it again. Less output, same income. Laughingkotick.png

Someone who wants to find problems will find them.
    Take the mission table for instance, which prompted a huge number of assumptions.
    Some people will see what they want to see, and nobody is going to convince them otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Where's the "minus 70%" option; all the old dumb ideas and quite a few new ones?

Blizzard learned that making WoW more like Diablo 3 would remedy low retention. I don't think it actually will, but Legion's design is pretty much in line with Diablo 3.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Which issues/mistakes and how have they learned from them?
    Well WoD's biggest mistake in my opinion was the Garrison mission table and it looks like they have learned from that mistake.

I also like the new spider mount for rich players. Even though I'll probably never afford one, it gives me incentive to make gold and it also serves as a status symbol mount which we haven't had in a long time. Beats 50 shades of boar mount skins anyway :P

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Where's the "minus 70%" option; all the old dumb ideas and quite a few new ones?
    like what?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    I think they fixed some but created a bunch of new ones. Guess well see how it turns out. Im very cautious about Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    im pretty sure the people who voted 50% look at the class hall and are screaming GARRISONS 2.0!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!

i would highly reccomend looking up preach talking about it, and not go based off of what HeelVsShitFace says

they learned the garrison had some good points like "parts" of the mission table, but learned putting a area that people will go to comonly and see NO ONE ELSE is a bad idea

aswell as in this area you will see no one else putting SO MUCH STUFF that they dont leave is a bad idea

they have learnt, you actuallty do very little in your class hall

Campaign (once done your done) weekly missions, editing weapons, research, missions, and thats it

the new world quests is amazing, apexsis quests were a good idea really, except for they took abit too long to complete, and apexsis dident really have a use... i buy 3 tokens every week with just apexsis, and havent done apexsis quests since 6.2 launch... and i still have 132k apexsis.... and yes i on 6.2 as soon as it launched, bought the bird, i had 100k and had all the apexsis quests you can buy with garrison recources completed, ready to hand in :P i got the bird instantly

the artifacts really are fun and interesting, of corse there will ALLWAYS be "these talents are best for this fight" but yeah...

idk im rambeling, im tired i need to go to bed
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-05-21 at 01:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    What has blizzard learned?

"holy shit these rubes will pay for anything we shit out!" perhaps?

Seriously though they have seen where the new 'line' is for players so they can keep it there, let the consumer settle till its the new norm then shift it again. Less output, same income. Laughingkotick.png
    This is my opinion too.

Whether or not WoD issues are fixed in Legion, still remains to be experienced by me, so I'll hold on that until I do actually play it for a couple months.

But, in general, I'm going to bet it's something along the lines of the bold part of the quote on my post.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    Blizzard learned that making WoW more like Diablo 3 would remedy low retention. I don't think it actually will, but Legion's design is pretty much in line with Diablo 3.
    Agreed.

With that they have learnt from WoD, theyre looking at Diablo and its going to create a totally different set of issues.

IT looks the same as normal.

They've fixed some issues, made others worse and added some new ones. Same as with any other XPac.

We won't know for sure about how it all works overall till a few months after launch.

Overall, my impression is that they've done a lot to give a good short term impression...and a lot that will prove horrendously bad long term.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    1. What are some of the WoD mistakes that you think Blizzard has identified in the last 18 months?
    2. Do you think that they have corrected and learned from these mistakes in Legion? Why/why not and how/how not?
    This topic is too broad to do little more than invite the usual negativity. It could be more specific, like comparing MoP to WoD.
    As for learning lessons? Come on. The best we can do is compare what went on during the "announcement to 5 months prior to launch" window before WoD and Legion's launch.

OT:
    1. They learned a lot.
    2. n/a

Legion corrects some issues, but unfortunately it brings a whole heap of new ones, so the net result is the same. I'll check back here a few months after launch to say "I told you so" :P
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

"We can not put out content for several years and people would still pay."

15+ Year Old Account
    Not much. If they want to retain players, they need to launch with multiple tiers like bc did. Legion looks ok but after wod, I am very scared of their patch cycles. If they seriously only have 2 tiers again AND try to justify it, then I am done. There is no justification for having less content if their dev team is bigger than ever.

Every patch needs some shit like throne of thunder isle, a raid and some dungeons, but no catch up mechanic like timeless because that shit is horrible.