Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Games not worth it. I've had my eye on this one for years:

It is F2P but pay to win. Drop rates, even for a MH game, are abysmal. They practically force you to shell out cash in order to upgrade. Thnink for a moment, how long it took you to farm some of the more rare monster derops, such as a Rathalos Plate....now make it EVEN MORE rare, and you have MH:O. It uses the Eastern MMO practice of micro-transactions to speed up progression (which they pray you will do since they lowered the drop rates). So the game is pay to win.

It is basically the same thing that Blizzard did with D3 when it first came out. They added an Auction House so to compensate they made drop rates insanely low.

Outside of looking the part of a MH game, it doesn't feel the part.

If you are a fan of MH, I would honestly say to skip this and get MH Generations instead. Sure the graphics aren't as pretty but it'll be a MUCH more solid MH experience as it is actually created by the main team. MH:O is outsourced and made by a team that hasn't worked on any other MH title.
    Just curious how far did you even game in MHO to make that assumption? You can't buy any materials or hunting tickets in the cash shop.
    The game is kinda like a 2nd gen MH game in HD. Since it's a 2nd gen MH game, it won't have features from MH 3 and 4. Like CB, IG, MHX arts like Aerial attack.
    I'm honestly missing a few things in MHO like more weapon variety, but besides that I still think its enjoyable. Truth be told MH is a grindy game, and after hours and hours of playing i honestly get fatigued and discomfort playing on a handheld for so long. So being it on PC with better controls and improved graphics is nice. I would rate it higher than a 2nd gen MH game, but lower than MH4. I do like the cryengine, MHO runs pretty smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    I just checked it out for a couple of hours. It's meh. Firstly, Tencent installs so much garbage on your computer that it took me longer to uninstall all of the excess programs that I didn't want/need than I spent playing the game. That alone should be enough reason to steer clear. Secondly, you have a daily xp cap and a daily hunt cap. You can't gain any xp past the cap, and any hunts done past the cap do not give drops. You also need the tickets in order to progress the story quest, which opens new areas. After my 10 hunts, I wasn't able to build a full set of first tier armor, and there's no reason to play now since I cannot progress the story quest or get any more drops towards my armor.

I'll just wait for generations, despite how much hand-cramping I get on the 3ds.
    Did you follow the guide on what boxes to uncheck? You can't blame a game or company for installing unwanted software due your lack of understanding Chinese. If I couldn't read one word English and installed a f2p software or game that came with bloatware and didn't uncheck any boxes because I didn't know what's written the same thing would happen. That being said so many American or International companies autocheck installers to install unwanted software to your PC, leaving it up to the user to uncheck it themselves.

I agree the exp cap was a bad idea, they have removed that recently, so it takes about 4-5 days to get to 40 instead of 2 weeks. The limit feels less of an issue at higher level as fights are more time consuming and don't last a few minutes. Regarding armor, yes it is a bit more grindy than the regular MH games, but it's expected from a MMO. the 16-18 tickets you get a day suddenly are much harder to use up due fights lasting a lot longer.

There's not much reason to upgrade gear while you level because you get gear pieces upon reaching every new chapter so it's only a good idea to keep upgrading your weapons. Armor while leveling don't give particular useful skills. You don't have to worry about armor skills untill you reach 40.

So did the patch get delayed? Still considering checking this out.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So did the patch get delayed? Still considering checking this out.
    Probably gonna released somewhere today hopefully. There was an update that broke the English patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirinya View Post

Did you follow the guide on what boxes to uncheck? You can't blame a game or company for installing unwanted software due your lack of understanding Chinese. If I couldn't read one word English and installed a f2p software or game that came with bloatware and didn't uncheck any boxes because I didn't know what's written the same thing would happen. That being said so many American or International companies autocheck installers to install unwanted software to your PC, leaving it up to the user to uncheck it themselves.
    Yeah, I followed the guide as best as I could, but the installer had been updated since the guide was written so it didn't match up 100%. I think I only missed the one box at the end, which proceeded to install a package of 3 programs. It took me longer to uninstall them than I spent playing the game. Still just gonna wait for MHG.