Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Bethesda should consider a superhero rpg...

I think Bethesda should create a third sandbox rpg game series to compliment Elder Scrolls (which they may not even do anymore now that Zenimax has made an MMO out of that IP) and Fallout. I think that hypothetical third rpg game series should be based in the superhero genre. Would you play such a game?

Until Bethesda can make melee combat not look like total shit, no they shouldn't be touching a super hero theme with a 10 foot pole.

The gunplay in fallout 4 did a good job of covering up their terrible combat system. Bethesda needs to invest in animators using 2016 technology and not 1999 shit. Their animation is literally the same as morrowind so long ago which also had bad animation for it's time.

Animation looking legit is pretty key to any super hero game feeling legit.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-05-21 at 03:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAhaha no, it'd be riddled with bugs and framedrops to sustain even a super ability from any character.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

I would love to see an open world sandbox superhero RPG.

Hell, more superhero games period would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I would love to see an open world sandbox superhero RPG.

Hell, more superhero games period would be nice.
    The last good super hero game was City of Heroes rest have sucked lately. Only other game i enjoyed was the Incredible Hulk back when i was a kid, it was so fun smashing stuff.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    The last good super hero game was City of Heroes rest have sucked lately. Only other game i enjoyed was the Incredible Hulk back when i was a kid, it was so fun smashing stuff.
    We need another Freedom Force...

Bethesda should consider not making any more RPGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike superhero themed games. Not because they're bad, but because they never do the hero (or villain) justice. They are always gimped compared to their comic book roots, to fit the narrative of the shitty game they're being tied to. It's an injustice to the characters and lore that have been established and built upon in meticulous ways, and these shitty game devs never follow the lore and established narrative. If they did, the games would be broken because hero power discrepancy is absolutely massive.

You, simply, can't give the characters the power and potency they deserve while maintaining a balanced playfield for people. If they tried, it would be a terrible, boring game like Marvel Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    I dislike superhero themed games. Not because they're bad, but because they never do the hero (or villain) justice. They are always gimped compared to their comic book roots, to fit the narrative of the shitty game they're being tied to. It's an injustice to the characters and lore that have been established and built upon in meticulous ways, and these shitty game devs never follow the lore and established narrative. If they did, the games would be broken because hero power discrepancy is absolutely massive.

You, simply, can't give the characters the power and potency they deserve while maintaining a balanced playfield for people. If they tried, it would be a terrible, boring game like Marvel Heroes.
    The infamous series would like to have a word with you. Any time you're in danger it's by enemies with the same powers as you, not just random thugs like you see in batman and spiderman games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly bethesda should give up on RPG aspect and focus entirely on action/sandbox.

Also superhero theme....meh.

Bethesda should consider making a game that doesnt have to be fixed by mods. And then they can start thinking about stuff like this

Personally I would like to see a decent urban fantasy rpg video game, something along the themes of Dresden Files etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    First thing bethesda should consider is replacing that gamebryo/creation engine of theirs entirely from scratch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bethesda creates RPG the same way I create a salad: I grab a bowl, and then fill it up with every "hip" vegetable/ingredient that I heard people like and love. with no regard on how to blend them together using appropriate seasoning or how to properly prepare each ingredient or no regard about what dressing I should use.

Take Fallout 4 : Minecraft settlement building, just thrown there with no goal in mind. Borderlands gear/loot system is executed but the legendaries don't even look legendary at all, they're just normal gear with bonus traits. ME / DA dialogue system executed in the dumbest way possible (so they dumbed down a dumbed down dialogue system, lol) faction reputation just thrown in there with the ending forcing you choose between one faction in the most illogical manner, and ending the game in a half-assed way. and many many other small stuff in F4.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    ME / DA dialogue system
    Where do you think those games got their "dialogue systems" from ?

I'd love to see a nextgen game akin to "Freedom Force." I don't know if Bethesda is the company to make it, or even if it would translate well to Openworld... but I'd be willing to take a wait & see approach til it goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfu View Post
    Bethesda should consider not making any more RPGs.

Yeah after making 750 million usd on Fallout 4 day one they are definitely not doing that again...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Did you play any of the Arkham series?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...-arkham-asylum
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...an-arkham-city
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...-arkham-knight

Pretty sure it's the best reviewed super hero series of all time and pretty recent?
    Last edited by Cintrik; 2016-05-22 at 03:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Cintrik View Post
    Yeah after making 750 million usd on Fallout 4 day one they are definitely not doing that again...

- - - Updated - - -

Did you play any of the Arkham series?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...-arkham-asylum
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...an-arkham-city
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...-arkham-knight

Pretty sure it's the best reviewed super hero series of all time and pretty recent?
    Yea i forgot about that XD my bad
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Where do you think those games got their "dialogue systems" from ?

I'd love to see a nextgen game akin to "Freedom Force." I don't know if Bethesda is the company to make it, or even if it would translate well to Openworld... but I'd be willing to take a wait & see approach til it goes live.
    W/e it is, it is inferior to the traditional dialogue box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not unless they create a new engine. If they release another fucking game on this shittastic engine they keep bandaging up release after release, I'mma stop throwing money at them.

The idea would be cool, but again, without a proper engine, no. Just, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.