Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Mafia #70: D&D Signup Thread

Signups for Mafia #70: D&D!

Moderated by Reticence and Danner

• Knowledge of the theme is not required.

[Disclaimers/Promises]:
    • There are no bastard elements in this game. Intentional ones, anyway. Whoo, covered my ass!
    • The game is technically power-role heavy, but think closer to Danner's Murder Mystery Mansion than anything else. I anticipate the game being decided by day talk. That said, balance has been heavily attempted but is in no way guaranteed.
    • There are a number of twists on existing conventions, but very little in this game is completely unprecedented.
    • The main thing I can really offer is to note who your mods are and what you would expect from a game modded by the pair of them.
    • So, lots of text.
    • Lots and lots of walls of text.

The game will open on Day One. Day Phases will last for ~48 hours or until majority is reached. Standard rules apply:

Spoiler: 
    -- Posting --

Please refrain from communicating about this game outside of this thread or related sub-threads until the game is over.
    This includes the mafia discussion thread.

• Editing of posts after 10 minutes is forbidden.
    • Editing a vote is forbidden. If you wish to change your mind, do so in a separate post.
    • Deleting posts is forbidden.
    • Quoting/screenshotting anything provided to you by Reticence or Danner in a PM/QT as evidence is forbidden.

You are free to discuss whatever you want, claim whatever you want, and draw whatever conclusions you want. Just remember that anything can be faked.

-- Voting --

• Everyone has one vote per day to decide who to lynch. Votes may be changed or removed.
      A vote MUST be bolded and placed on its own line or it will not be counted.
      Vote: [Player]
      Unvote: [Player]
      Vote: No-Lynch
    • To indicate someone as suspicious and potentially votable: FoS: [Player]

-- Questions --

• If you have a question, you are welcome to ask in the game thread (so long as it is day). This will be considered to be part of the game and it will be up to the other players if they wish to reply or not.
    • A mod will only reply if the question matters to all players (i.e. mod has forgotten to write a deadline in the morning post).
    • If you are specifically asking the mod a question, the chance of getting a reply in the game thread is low. You’ll have better luck with a PM, although a response is not guaranteed.

• Exact spelling / colons, etc., for votes are not required. If it is bolded, on its own line, clear that it is a vote and it is clear who you are voting for, it will be counted. If it’s obnoxious or ambiguous, it will not.
    • One mod-confirmed vote count will be given about halfway through the day. Further vote counts are subject to mod discretion/availability.
    • While not required, unvoting is greatly appreciated by the mods. This allows them to stay semi-sane while trying to keep accurate vote records, and it may increase the likelihood that you'll get a vote count when you inevitably request one.

[Majority Lynch]:
    • Once a player has received a majority (greater than half) of the votes, the player is immediately lynched and may no longer post in the day-thread or any sub-threads that they previously had access to. They will then be given access to the dead-thread, where they can join the post-mortem speculation.
    • Please refrain from revealing game structure in the dead thread. You are free to comment on things that have been mod-confirmed, but otherwise avoid revealing the alignment of other players, roles, faction numbers, or anything else that has not.
    • If a player is majority-lynched before deadline, discussion may continue until the deadline or until a mod makes a night post (whichever comes first).

[Modified-Majority Deadline]:
    • If the Day Deadline is reached and a majority vote has not been reached, then the player with the majority of active votes will be lynched.
    • If no players have the majority of active votes, nobody will be lynched.

Night Phases will open immediately after the previous day ends, and will last for ~24 hours, although night actions may be requested to be submitted earlier. Standard Night Phase rules apply:

Spoiler: 
    • No players are allowed to discuss anything in the day thread during the night, for any reason.
    • If a bump is desired, a mod will ask for it from someone who isn't playing.
    • Everyone with a night action may post their action in their designated sub-thread.
    • If actions are not submitted by the deadline, they are forfeited.

-- Generated Characters --

Allowyn
    Anakso
    Arialla
    Arlee
    Blood Fox
    Catta
    Crackleslap
    Dendrek
    Dranxadin
    Dupti
    Graeham
    Jynx
    Kryllian
    Kurenai
    Largehorn
    Listo
    Lysah
    Monkz
    Razamith
    Rixis
    Robozerim
    Senna
    Uggor
    Valyrian
    Virothe
    Xanjori

Reserve:
    Cruelle
    Last edited by Reticence; 2016-05-23 at 01:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    me play this.

I'd like to sign up as well, please!

Senna and Jynx also expressed an interest in signing up!

/rolls to sign up

Dendrek rolls a natural 20!

In their exuberance to provide Dendrek his role card and QT, Reticence and Danner accidentally sent Dendrek a link to the mod thread as well! Realizing their error, the two mods bribed Dendrek by allowing him to auto-win the game and giving him secret moderator powers without telling any of the other players about this deal. Dendrek is now a Chaotic God with both lynch and night kill immunity and has also been given the ability to redirect one action every night of his choosing.

Unfortunately, since Dendrek revealed all of this in his sign up post, the moderators immediately rejected their offer and barred him from playing the game.

I would like to use a Portent and replace Dendrek's natural 20 with a natural 1.

/rolls Charisma check

Dendrek rolls an 8.

Having spectacularly failed at his sign up roll, Dendrek was forced to try to convince the moderators that he was a worthy player. He failed that too.

This did not bar him from playing the game, but the consequences certainly were... unfortunate. Dendrek began the game with an intelligence score of 3 and a charisma score of 6. This required a new role be created for him, since most roles require at least human levels of intelligence. Dendrek was given the role of Inept Goblin, Smelling of Putrid Waste And Carrying A Metal Rod. What's the rod for, you might wonder? Well, it looks like there's going to be a storm night one. If only he was smart enough to know to stay in doors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Signing up before I read rules!

there's a chance I lied or veered away from the truth, but I have no idea how to play D&D. XD
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2016-05-21 at 08:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I was gonna take a break of a game or two, but the D&D one intrigues me greatly (even though i've never played d&d, pretty much all of my interests are derived from the fantasy genre ).

Of note, I saw no mention of PMs being allowed or disallowed in the rules, I assume disallowed?

/signing up

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm awake for whatever reason at this God-forsaken hour I of 5am, so imma do this.

/roll dice

Does a 14 pass the sign up check?

Also thanks Graeham for signing me up, I was not anticipating being able to be in the thread this early.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

Siiiiiiiigning up.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

Deleted
    Hello again everyone, sign me up please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Inept Goblin, Smelling of Putrid Waste And Carrying A Metal Rod. What's the rod for, you might wonder? Well, it looks like there's going to be a storm night one. If only he was smart enough to know to stay in doors.
    ... I suddenly wish I had made this role.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    there's a chance I lied or veered away from the truth, but I have no idea how to play D&D. XD
    You know how to roleplay. That's pretty much 99% of the game, depending on who's running the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Of note, I saw no mention of PMs being allowed or disallowed in the rules, I assume disallowed?
    PMs are not allowed. Consider it part of the "don't talk outside of day-thread / sub-threads" rule.

When do i get to kill Danner!?

I.... knew i wouldn't be able to stay away for this one... If it had started anytime before today work + vacation would have dictated no for me, but should have a stretch of time (even though i shouldn't but screw it). Consider me in unless it fills to cap and some poor kobold is dying to play.
    *draws a card from an unusual looking deck and watches the GM for results...*

7+ Year Old Account
    /signup

I hope I'm a cleric...or a frost giant...

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I be a hulking sass queen thief that is utterly fabulous in her doings but at the same time incredibly ruthless with her love heart fist weapons! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    When do i get to kill Danner!?
    We can kill him togeth--! I mean...

Is this signup?