Fire on Xhul'Horac Mythic progress - help appreciated! :)

Yo fellow mages!
    Havn't played fire for a while, and as we struggle with some aoe in my guild, on Xhul in particular, I thought I wanted to give it a go!
    I have played fire a dozens of times since tbc, but always something new so I got a few questions, primarily regarding gear and talents for Xhul mythic!

What are the go to talents in the last rows I read that:
    LB (seems natural with the constant ungoing cleave/aoe)
    IF (gonna be a lot of movement, so also seems quite natural)
    Kind (to have combust for like each second set of imps or so)
    Is blast wave better than LB? and PMC over kind? or is that more for a single target fight?

What crit% and haste% does one want to aim for?
    I read that 45.73crit is optimal? I have been playing arcane lately and therefore crit havn't been my go-to stat, so laggin' a bit - does +40% crit seems enough for a fight like Xhul' Horac?
    I got a decent amount of mastery on the other hand (almost 50% selfbuff) and also 30% MS buffed, so I guess that's a good thing for an all out aoe/cleave minded fight like Xhul right?
    For the haste part I read that both 9 and 13% selfbuffed is enough - anyone got a certain threshold to aim for exactly?

Regarding trinkets: Which are the go-to fire trinkets for a fight like Xhul?
    I have these available:

Classtrinket Heroic WF (casts FS on IB seems crazy for a fight like Xhul or?)
    Iron reaver piston Mythic (static int/crit/haste)
    Dessecrated Shadowmoon Insignia Mythic WF (mastery which is nice for AOE + huge int proc)
    Unblinking Gaze of Seethe Mythic WF (seems nice for aoe fight?)
    Sandmans pouch 725 I read that u need 1 crit trink, is that crucial or just optional for start combust and therefore mostly crucial on single target fights?
    Prophecy of fear Mythic (Guess only for arcane?^^)

Any help on any of the above-mentioned questions is very much appreciated - especially help that comes before tomorrow night, where we once again venture out for the "head" of Xhul!
    My armory is in my signature in case anyone has anything else I can improve on for fire - plz feel free to add that!
    Last edited by Hasufer; 2016-05-21 at 10:55 AM.

1. blast wave instead of LB - imps die too fast, and voidfiends should be kited out of melee
    2. evanesce is a must since you will be immuning emp chains with it
    3. crystal
    4. change gems to crit cause you are not capped
    5. change weapon enchant to mastery
    6. Trinkets = insignia+sandman

With your ilvl you should be lusting on pull to make the hard phase (tons of adds) go much faster. The key for big numbers is timing your first opener so the combustion spreads from crystal split second after the imps land, obliterating them.

I did the above and pulled almost 200k DPS on our 1st kill in 738 ilvl.

If you have problems with IMP aoe tell the rest of the DPS to get gud.

- - - Updated - - -

I looked at your logs. Here are your problems:

1. don't run 3 tanks with your ilvl. Have the tanks learn the fight and not fuck up with taunts
    2. only one DK...melees need to be assigned to single target switch to imps for interrupts and DPSing them down
    3. 6 people in the chain bait group makes no sense. You have 2 mages (evanesce, hint hint) and a priest, take 1 hunter more and thats it
    4. Your warlock Baldorc is terribad

My suggestions:

1. lust on pull
    2. have three camps instead of two. Melee camp, ranged/healer camp ~20 yards away, then the chain bait grp 10 yards behind them/to the side. Assign 2 hunters to be designated voidfiend kiters. They will kite voids out of melee or ranged camps and kill them on the side. This will GREATLY decrease the number of people stepping into shit, which is the #1 cause of wipes in progress on this boss.Also DO NOT have everyone switch to the voids. Hunters can kite them forever and with 3 they can pretty much solo them. ALL THAT MATTERS is that they die before new ones spawn. If they are kited out, they can be killed slowly and its better to have most ppl focus boss/imps.

I see you have zero fire logs to your name, so you better start going LFR to practice asap or else you will be terribad tonight.

Thx a lot for the input mate, appreciated! (also the whole encounter exploration part, which will help our officers greatly^^) ;D

Playing fire will be no problem, only the combustion part it a bit tricky to get bk into ^^ Had +70k crit ticks(almost 100k with pmc) already so gettin there - how much should they be raidbuffed on start burst on Xhul on a good pull?

Havn't played fire in a raid envoirement quite a while, but it's np, the practical part is not much different than fire use to be, already gettin a good hang of it again - enjoying arcane a lot more overall though, but if I can help the guild this way, it's for the greater good!
    Gonna change the talents and enchants etc as u mentioned - thx mate!
    Last edited by Hasufer; 2016-05-21 at 01:19 PM.

Ticks depend on your mastery and bloodlust. Highest I got last night on Archimonde was 162k, a good number is 130k, anything below 100k is bad. Thats for the 1st one - the most important one. Next ones will be much lower.

I PMed you a video of my 1st kill.

Greatness, playing around a bit atm, seem I can get 100k+ without raidbuffs and such, so guess i'll get there
    Thx for the vid, gonna check it out - might pm you a question or 2 back, if they so occur and if u don't mind^^

Good luck.

Deleted
    There's a thread about it in altered time for anyone interested in this topic https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...hp?f=17&t=2481

These guys have a lot of issues, I checked their logs from today and they are doing stuff like exploding every 1st ring on imps, having a 70k DPS 738 ilvl fire mage etc.

Ye I asked both on AT and here for optimal responses!^^

Sure do ^^ It's a rather casual guild(and I'm use to a lot different lvl of raiding pre wod), so hard to get everyone to have the same mentality and the individual lvl of the players vary a lot. Officers are currently workin on recruitment(replaces) and tunin what aims/goals are for the guild for legion
    Last edited by Hasufer; 2016-05-23 at 08:40 AM.