Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Georgia Police Taser Man to Death

He was filmed saying "I'm dead, I'm dead! ... I said, I quit, I quit!" moments before he stopped breathing and died. Body cams of the police officers involved show the encounter in vivid detail.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/21/us/tas...ies/index.html

I really hope the officers involved are prosecuted for first degree murder. Of course they won't be though. Absolutely disgusting.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quick for calling out police but its hard to tell if they were being brutal in that video or if the guy just succumbed to whatever he was on.

1. If you ever call the police for assistance, especially on a family member, don't over exaggerate the situation. Either the guy was out of control or he wasn't.

2. Drug calls are perhaps some of the most dangerous calls for any first responder because drugs can turn people into seemingly super humans who don't feel pain or hear reason. There are videos of drug users running clean through windows, a first responder is going to be sure that the suspect is 110% submissive before trying to deal with them. I don't think the taser chilled him, the taser was merely a catalyst to whatever drug or medical condition he was experiencing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I'm quick for calling out police.
    Likewise, but this time? Nope. They used what is defined as non-lethal force, did not turn off, hide or block their body or dash cam and none of that other stuff we usually complain about. A man is dead and that is a tragedy, but this is as close to protocol as it will ever be, I'm afraid.

Best thing is to not break the law. That usually lowers the amount of time you spend with cops.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tennisace's alt account?

If he would have just let them crush his chest in so he would suffocate to death in the first place, there wouldn't have been a need to taser him to death. Silly criminals (since sick people are considered criminals these days), you're doing to die one way or the other if the delicate flower police officers feels the tiniest bit threaten.

I hope this cops gets the standard 6 month vacation and then receives all that back pay when he goes back to work like nothing happen. Standard procedure alright.

Pro tip: If you have a mentally ill family, DO NOT CALL THE COPS UNLESS YOU WANT THAT PERSON TO DIE.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm quick for calling out police but its hard to tell if they were being brutal in that video or if the guy just succumbed to whatever he was on.

1. If you ever call the police for assistance, especially on a family member, don't over exaggerate the situation. Either the guy was out of control or he wasn't.

2. Drug calls are perhaps some of the most dangerous calls for any first responder because drugs can turn people into seemingly super humans who don't feel pain or hear reason. There are videos of drug users running clean through windows, a first responder is going to be sure that the suspect is 110% submissive before trying to deal with them. I don't think the taser chilled him, the taser was merely a catalyst to whatever drug or medical condition he was experiencing.
    As previously reported by CNN, the death certificate for Sherman lists the cause of death as a homicide due to "several pulls of an electronic control device" and "compression of the torso by the body weight of another individual."

He was killed by the officers, there is no doubt for that. And also despite the individual having already being handcuffed and pressed by another officer the officer did not stop the taser.

Deleted
    Too bad he died, but he was the only one there who could've done something differently.

Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    And also despite the individual having already being handcuffed and pressed by another officer the officer did not stop the taser.
    Doesn't matter. You can resist even if you're cuffed.
    Last edited by mmoccd6b269a28; 2016-05-22 at 08:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

If they jolted him once and he had a heart attack or some other complication, sure, that's accidental.

Repeatedly tasering the guy while compressing his chest so he can't breathe? If he was THAT much of a threat, they should have used their sidearms. He clearly wasn't, which makes that kind of force unwarranted.

Also, there's a reason Taser International calls their weapons "less-lethal", not "non-lethal".

7+ Year Old Account
    meh some useless nutcase died. not like he was worthwhile to society, better he cant breed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Repeatedly tasering the guy while compressing his chest so he can't breathe? If he was THAT much of a threat, they should have used their sidearms. He clearly wasn't, which makes that kind of force unwarranted.
    They stop tasering when you stop resisting. It's that simple.

You don't make any sense. Why would they shoot him if they can use less-dangerous tools like they did in this case?
    Last edited by mmoccd6b269a28; 2016-05-22 at 08:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depending on mental condition, due to drug inducement etc., people can put up quite a resistance. However it sounded like the police coming first and ambulance later was the wrong order of procedure.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post

You don't make any sense. Why would they shoot him if they can use less-dangerous tools like they did in this case?
    Sorry but evidence doesn't back you here. He was handcuffed and had someone sitting on him. If he was struggling with police, it was probably because HE WAS TRYING TO FUCKING BREATHE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Depending on mental condition, due to drug inducement etc., people can put up quite a resistance. However it sounded like the police coming first and ambulance later was the wrong order of procedure.
    His parents called 911 and said their son was freaking out. You don't send the paramedics first when someone is acting aggressively. Too dangerous for the paramedics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Best thing is to not break the law. That usually lowers the amount of time you spend with cops.
    Pretty much this. ^ Only encounter I've ever had with police was for speeding and even then, he let me go with a warning.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

you see it on cops all the time, guys screams "i'm cool i'm cool" or "i give up" but he keeps resisting and fighting until he can get loose, and run for it, or pull something out of where he has it hid.

when a cop asks you to surrender, you don't try to keep moving. you stop, lay still, and let them move you.

it's an unfortunate accident, one entirely avoidable if he hadn't kept resisting.

10+ Year Old Account

He was already cuffed and restrained. Being shocked to death because you won't cooperate is not how the law is meant to be enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Also, there's a reason Taser International calls their weapons "less-lethal", not "non-lethal".
    Not anymore, they don't.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    His parents called 911 and said their son was freaking out. You don't send the paramedics first when someone is acting aggressively. Too dangerous for the paramedics.
    No, this is why you call them both in short order so both arrive more or less synchronously, and you don't just send two policemen. Might sound unusual but it's usually how it's done here.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    heres my two step plan to not have bad encountyers with the police.

-dont break the law.
    -listen when they tell you stuff.

ps. skipping the video, 've seen it all by now