Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    No, this is why you call them both in short order so both arrive more or less synchronously, and you don't just send two policemen. Might sound unusual but it's usually how it's done here.
    What? Where is this? Where I'm from you call one number and one number only. If you call the police and tell them know a dude is violent and set a house on fire, too, they'll call the firefighters on site for you too. And if you call an ambulance on a knife stabbing, they will definitely make sure police is there as well. Emergency agencies are connected like that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If they jolted him once and he had a heart attack or some other complication, sure, that's accidental.

Repeatedly tasering the guy while compressing his chest so he can't breathe? If he was THAT much of a threat, they should have used their sidearms. He clearly wasn't, which makes that kind of force unwarranted.

Also, there's a reason Taser International calls their weapons "less-lethal", not "non-lethal".
    If they had used their firearms, this thread would instead be about police brutally using their firearms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    heres my two step plan to not have bad encountyers with the police.

-dont break the law.
    -listen when they tell you stuff.

ps. skipping the video, 've seen it all by now
    Not everybody is clever, crap like this only happens to dumb fucks

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Too bad he died, but he was the only one there who could've done something differently.

Doesn't matter. You can resist even if you're cuffed.
    Another officer was sitting on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Not anymore, they don't.
    "Much like the shift from the revolver to the semi-automatic, the days of the single-shot electrical weapon will soon be a thing of the past. And with dual lasers, cross-connect, and a more accurate smart cartridge, the future of less-lethal technology has arrived in the form of the TASER X2."

https://www.taser.com/products/x2

Yeah. They do. Unless you're making a crack because this guy died, or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    If they had used their firearms, this thread would instead be about police brutally using their firearms.
    Yes, because there doesn't appear to have been any reason this man should have lost his life. That's sort of the point.

Yeah. They do. Unless you're making a crack because this guy died, or something.
    Endus. Why so serious? Of course I made a crack at this guys death ruining the marketing campaign for that company. What else is funny about this?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    What? Where is this? Where I'm from you call one number and one number only. If you call the police and tell them know a dude is violent and set a house on fire, too, they'll call the firefighters on site for you too. And if you call an ambulance on a knife stabbing, they will definitely make sure police is there as well. Emergency agencies are connected like that.
    Yes, by "you" I meant the emergency service which in the end dispatches the responsible services. It doesn't matter but the situation was wrongly handed from the beginning.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Yes, by "you" I meant the emergency service which in the end dispatches the responsible services. It doesn't matter but the situation was wrongly handed from the beginning.
    Yeah. Whenever I see some action somewhere and there's a remote possibility of injury (ie. all the time), I see an ambulance hover nearby. It's really funky how well the emergency system works here.

Yes, because there doesn't appear to have been any reason this man should have lost his life. That's sort of the point.

You act as if it was intentional. I watched the video three times.. I don't see anyone "smashing" him as other posters state. They aren't being overly violent with him... just trying to get him to stop fighting.

Not surprised at the horrible writing though.. it is CNN... the article the OP links, links to another article written on the same story.. and of course the articles don't match up... not to each other or the video.

Seems he was on a drug called "spice," and had a bad reaction to it.

It really seems like the police can never do anything right on these boards. Its tragic he died... but people here would be bitching regardless. They'd complain if he attacked them and they shot him. They are currently complaining because they used tasers. They would complain if the man attacked someone and they were harmed, and they would complain if the man escaped their custody and ran out in traffic and died.

Another poster says the man was mentally ill, but neither article mentions that at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have enough air in your body to yell "I'm done, I'm done!" while trying to grab the officer's taser then you have enough air to breath and STOP STRUGGLING! These cops aren't here to kill you despite what some on here believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably the knee on the chest that killed him and not the taser.

Resisting arrest allows for use of force. You submit to the arrest or you may wind up dead. Simple fact of life. No amount of liberal hippie ranting that amounts to "you can't tell me what to do!" will change that.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    He was filmed saying "I'm dead, I'm dead! ... I said, I quit, I quit!" moments before he stopped breathing and died. Body cams of the police officers involved show the encounter in vivid detail.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/21/us/tas...ies/index.html

I really hope the officers involved are prosecuted for first degree murder. Of course they won't be though. Absolutely disgusting.
    I do not think you understand how a charge of first degree murder works. There is no court in this country which would find them guilty of first degree murder. Maybe manslaughter.

From the video and other reports I read and seen so far, they overreacted and for sure should be charged for going too far in their duties. There may be other things involved the news does not know about, which is why it is under investigation still. More than likely they will not be police officers after that is done and could face some time in jail/prison.

Life isn't important these days... it is that simple.

OP shouldn't be surprised.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I'm so fucking sick of this shit. When the cops shoot someone, people are like "why don't they have tasers herp derp" and then when someone dies from a taser shock combined with whatever the fuck drugs they are on (side note if you do synthetic marijuana you are a fucking idiot) while trying to wrestle the cop's weapon from him people STILL bitch. The guy died because he is an idiot who made bad decisions. Not sure how the police were supposed to react to a guy that was fighting off two deputies even while being tased.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Rothg View Post
    Tennisace's alt account?
    Yep, either tennisauce or someone who wants to frame him.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

"Much like the shift from the revolver to the semi-automatic, the days of the single-shot electrical weapon will soon be a thing of the past. And with dual lasers, cross-connect, and a more accurate smart cartridge, the future of less-lethal technology has arrived in the form of the TASER X2."

https://www.taser.com/products/x2

- - - Updated - - -

The reason he lost his life is because a) he is an idiot and b) shit happens. When you introduce all kinds of variables such as drugs and electricity you end up with a mess, which is why you should really just not be a fucking idiot in the first place and don't smoke oregano laced with unknown chemicals.
    Beta Club Brosquad

This is truly shocking.

(come on people end of page two? You're letting me down mmoc.)
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

The problem here is that cops think that a taser is fine to use in ANY situation where shooting isn't quite applicable. A lot of departmental rules are written exactly like that. The truth is that tasers aren't that trivial to use, can hurt people pretty badly both directly and indirectly. Most of the time, they're stupidly and casually using tasers on people who are standing up, and those people wind up with broken teeth, broken jaws, skull fractures, etc from the fall. The fact of the matter is, tasers need to be only deployed much higher on the continuum of force instead of "anywhere when someone isn't exactly complying with my every order as fast as I want them to", and as much as I feel like using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    The reason he lost his life is because a) he is an idiot and b) shit happens. When you introduce all kinds of variables such as drugs and electricity you end up with a mess, which is why you should really just not be a fucking idiot in the first place and don't smoke oregano laced with unknown chemicals.
    His death wasn't ruled as being due to the drugs, but being shocked repeatedly with the taser while having his chest compressed. This isn't a case where they tased a guy once and he had a severe reaction for some reason, and it really doesn't make any sense when you folks try and portray it that way.