Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    You mentioned GW2. You do know it's almost dead right?
    Still the best MMO sequel to date, and Arena Net got it right - just lacked the money to keep up the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    You mentioned GW2. You do know it's almost dead right?
    It just got an expansion. I'd hardly call that "almost dead".

10+ Year Old Account
    We already knew this even before chronicle. He was just tired of the fact that no matter what he did chaos would always come back and destroy the order that he created. Now they've gone deeper and given him even more of a reason to be the way he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Different idea, same strategy. Sargeras is going to destroy the entire universe, Malygos was going to get rid of the abusers of magic (which were mainly enemies to the mortals of Azeroth).

You cannot say "no one called Malygos evil" because I saw he was insane after Neltharion's betrayal up to before the Nexus Wars. At that point I called him "evil."
    I did write, it was a smaller scale; planet vs universe.
    But the logic is sound: Destroy the wrongdoers before what needs protecting is destroyed..

YOU might have called him evil, but it was not the oppinion of Blizzard or the vast majority of the player base...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    YOU might have called him evil, but it was not the oppinion of Blizzard or the vast majority of the player base...
    Then why did we kill him? Because of his "phat lootz?"

10+ Year Old Account
    The need of the many vs the need of the one
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

The need of the many vs the need of the one
    Vague answer is vague.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vague answer is vague.
    Maybe... But precise and to the point, none the less..

Maybe... But precise and to the point, none the less..
    Looks like you need a reminder of what "vague" means.

vague
    /vāɡ/
    adjective
    of uncertain, indefinite, or unclear character or meaning.
    "many patients suffer vague symptoms"
    synonyms: indistinct, indefinite, indeterminate, unclear, ill-defined

Because Malygos was insane. Shifting the world's lay lines and locking magic way from everyone is not how you protect Azeroth. You only make it more vulnerable to outsiders who don't depend on the source of magic he removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Because Malygos was insane. Shifting the world's lay lines and locking magic way from everyone is not how you protect Azeroth. You only make it more vulnerable to outsiders who don't depend on the source of magic he removed.
    Malygos was not protecting Azeroth (that was DW's job).. Malygos was protecting magic, and what better way to protect something, than to kill everyone who can hurt it?

Malygos lost all perspective on how he should pursue his job through 10.000 years of isolation, sorrow and maddening despair. And still, at least you can say he had a point. If it wasn't for Arcane magic in the hands of mortals, the world would have not been noticed by the Burning Legion. 80% of Azeroth wouldn't be beneath the ocean's surface. No corrupted mage would have existed to open a Dark Portal. There would be no necromancers. Sure, Malygos rallied the world against him because people love their magic as much as he does, but at least he felt he was saving the world. And though he wasn't afraid to imprison or kill those who opposed him, he was out to safeguard the majority of Azeroth's people.
    -------------

I have to disagree with Dakushisai. There's nothing noble about Sargeras. He realised there was an enemy he didn't feel he could defeat by following the path of the Titans. An enemy that seeks to eat the universe. And his solution to prevent them from winning is to destroy the universe. That's not making a noble sacrifice. That's not working towards a greater good. That's knocking over the chess board because it looks like the opponent has an unexpected advantage.

Sargeras is trying to break the game, so that no one can win. He went into it hoping that maybe the game can be played again in the future, with the odds more in favor of the good guys, perhaps. But there's no certainty of that at all. But yes, if the universe is a super-advanced chess board of light and shadow, what Sargeras is doing is eliminating all the white pieces on the board, so the black pieces can't get a checkmate. A former white piece that's trying to kill the other pieces on his side, before the opponent can.

It's nonsensical. "Black might win, so let's eliminate white". And it requires a true monster to even attempt it. A monster Sargeras has turned himself into. He's become a Deathwing on a universal scale, and as evil as all the Nazi's ever, combined, through the darkness of his crimes. The thought that he is still a noble creature, sane creature, capable of compassion, mercy and redemption, is itself insane.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2016-05-27 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Because Malygos was insane.
    I know why, but this other poster neglected to answer my question since he said "YOU might have called him evil, but it was not the oppinion of Blizzard or the vast majority of the player base..."

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Malygos lost all perspective on how he should pursue his job through 10.000 years of isolation, sorrow and maddening despair. And still, at least you can say he had a point. If it wasn't for Arcane magic in the hands of mortals, the world would have not been noticed by the Burning Legion. 80% of Azeroth wouldn't be beneath the ocean's surface. No corrupted mage would have existed to open a Dark Portal. There would be no necromancers. Sure, Malygos rallied the world against him because people love their magic as much as he does, but at least he felt he was saving the world. And though he wasn't afraid to imprison or kill those who opposed him, he was out to safeguard the majority of Azeroth's people.
    -------------

I have to disagree with Dakushisai. There's nothing noble about Sargeras. He realised there was an enemy he didn't feel he could defeat by following the path of the Titans. An enemy that seeks to eat the universe. And his solution to prevent them from winning is to destroy the universe. That's not making a noble sacrifice. That's not working towards a greater good. That's knocking over the chess board because it looks like the opponent has an unexpected advantage.

Sargeras is trying to break the game, so that no one can win. He went into it hoping that maybe the game can be played again in the future, with the odds more in favor of the good guys, perhaps. But there's no certainty of that at all. But yes, if the universe is a super-advanced chess board of light and shadow, what Sargeras is doing is eliminating all the white pieces on the board, so the black pieces can't get a checkmate. A former white piece that's trying to kill the other pieces on his side, before the opponent can.

It's nonsensical. "Black might win, so let's eliminate white". And it requires a true monster to even attempt it. A monster Sargeras has turned himself into. He's become a Deathwing on a universal scale, and as evil as all the Nazi's ever, combined, through the darkness of his crimes. The thought that he is still a noble creature, sane creature, capable of compassion, mercy and redemption, is itself insane.
    Yeah...you want to deny your opponent a crucial asset in a war, you destroy it if you can't hang onto it. That's basic tactics of war. Unfortunately it falls apart when the asset you don't want the enemy to have is....everything.

But then again, what if what the enemy is going to do with everything is actually worse than destruction? Twist everything to madness and decay. Corrupt it so totally and utterly that destruction is actually the better option? It might look like madness, but ultimately it's not.

Hard to say when you're talking about intelligence on the scale of stuff that can create and destroy entire galaxies.

but we need to kill him < Sargeras )

Quote Originally Posted by Dompap View Post
    So Sargeras will save the universe by destroying it first?
    Will he himself die in the process or does he rely on the universe to create life on its own again?
    That is not his intention. He destrouys worlds that are Titans to prevent the Void Lords from attempting to enter the physical universe. That would possibly destroy the universe as we and Sargeras know it. If he can destroy all the Titan worlds in the Great Dark Beyond, the Void Lords can never manifest in it ever. So there is no plans to destroy the universe just select planets and anyone standing in his way.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    That is not his intention. He destrouys worlds that are Titans to prevent the Void Lords from attempting to enter the physical universe. That would possibly destroy the universe as we and Sargeras know it. If he can destroy all the Titan worlds in the Great Dark Beyond, the Void Lords can never manifest in it ever. So there is no plans to destroy the universe just select planets and anyone standing in his way.
    No, the Chronicle is pretty clear. Sargeras wants to destroy all of creation.
    The Void Lords wouldn't be able to manifest themselves physically without titan souls to inhabit, but their influence could still be felt through the corrupting influence of their minions. The only way the universe can ever be completely free from their influence is if there isn't one, so that is his goal.
    It even documents his very first act as the leader of the Burning Legion as destroying a planet that very explicitly didn't contain a world soul.
    He is not a good guy.

It all depends if you consider wanting to destroy all of creation evil or not.

It is evil to me.

"Nobility" is always relative. Hitler literally thought he was saving the human race by genoiciding the Jews. Just because he thought it was noble, and for whatever reason thought the end justified the means in his "big picture" of human mind.. didn't make it noble.

And just because Sargeras is expressing this perception of reality doesn't mean that it his native one and doesn't mean that he isn't being influenced by the "darkness" internally to warp his behaviors.