Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Their university-level education is superior to that of France even today
    Dream on .

10+ Year Old Account
    Their top universities are at least 150 years old. Their university-level education is superior to that of France even today, you know that right? Not sure if completely ignorant, or trolling...
    The USA has (on overall) the best Universities in the World.
    The problem with that is, most Americans cannot afford those top universities.
    Once you leave the top 30 range, the remaining universities ranking in the thousands ranges.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Dream on .
    He's falling for that fallacy that compares the top 30 universities in the world, which has plenty US spots, with the USA's whole college quality.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    He's falling for that fallacy that compares the top 30 universities in the world, which has plenty US spots, with the USA's whole college quality.
    You may need to check how many universities are there in top 500 from USA. Here are two I know, you can find plenty using Google. They are all the same. USA has much more universities in top 500 compared to France. And top 50 is dominated by Americans.

What a fallacy I fell, right? I am not sure, but I think USA has higher paper per capita compared to France.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-05-24 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    You may need to check how many universities are there in top 500 from USA. Here are two I know, you can find plenty using Google. They are all the same. USA has much more universities in top 500 compared to France. And top 50 is dominated by Americans.

What a fallacy I fell, right?
    You can't expect small countries to have the same number or more than a big one. Besides, what good is an university if almost no one in that country can even afford it? It's like 0.0001% of Americans who can. There are most likely more foreigners attending them.

You can't expect small countries to have the same number or more than a big one.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeaut..._of_scientific

Indeed, they have better paper per capita than France. So your argument is invalid.

Besides, what good is an university if almost no one in that country can even afford it? It's like 0.0001% of Americans who can. There are most likely more foreigners attending them.
    Irrelevant.

You had it all right, mate.

Dream on .

Deleted
    Irrelevant.

You had it all right, mate.
    Very relevant. You lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeaut..._of_scientific

Indeed, they have better paper per capita than France. So your argument is invalid.
    The amount of papers published per capita is slightly higher in the US vs France, that's true. I knew that before hand.
    But, the USA was once the key player on that field. It was leading it.
    Nowadays, that's not the case anymore. Europe has taken over, with Asia in second spot, and the US falling far behind.

Take it from a scientist, to explain it best

Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-05-24 at 02:43 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."