Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bound 1-7, Q, E, R, T, F, G, Z, X, C, V, B + modifiers (Ctrl/Shift/Alt) - only using one mouse button (Middle) for mounting.

Feeling a bit cumbersome at times, but I have it set up this way since WotLK and I am, honestly speaking, terrified of even thinking of changing that.

The only reason I didn't buy Naga is the exact reason above - I would need to rebind everything, R.I.P. muscle memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually have the opposite problem. i bought a logitech g600 a few months ago and tried it but couldn't get used to doing a rotation with the mouse buttons instead of keyboard.

if you're curious what buttons i use it's 12345, Shift12345, Ctrl12345, Alt12345, QERFCV, ShiftQERFCV, CtrlQERCV, F1234 plus some numpad stuff for mount/hearthstone out of combat stuff.
    Last edited by Racthoh; 2016-05-23 at 03:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    i actually have the opposite problem. i bought a logitech g600 a few months ago and tried it but couldn't get used to doing a rotation with the mouse buttons instead of keyboard.
    *shudders*

I use my naga elite 12 button mouse and you can have it when you pry it from my cold dead hands

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBlazin View Post
    My Logitech G600 MMO Mouse broke a few months ago and currently I am not planning on getting a new one. I am wondering if anyone here uses a normal mouse with only a few buttons for WoW? I currently don't play WoW but I plan to when Legion Pre-Event comes around. Not sure how I can play WoW without a MMO Mouse that has 12+ Buttons. Anyone have experience with it? How do you move? Mouse only? Using Numpad?

Hope you can help me out!
    I use to use a Logitech mouse. Left click, right click with them 3 buttons on the side. Very standard. I ended up using macros to bind 2-3 spells per button by holding certain keys. If you can remember which keys are what that works out pretty easy. I move with mouse and keyboard combined. The last 2 Logitech mice I got has double click issues and release click issues so I've stopped buying Logitech.

As for the MMO mouse. I recently helped moved my friend and he surprised me with a Razer Naga. It felt odd at first but it grew on me and I like it. One thing I didn't like about the 12 keys on the side were the very back 3 keys are hard to reach with my hand size so I never use them. I haven't really utilized all the additional keys yet but it's nice to have them when the time comes. I did end up seeing a mouse with 12 buttons on the side but has the ability to slide them forward and backwards which sounds like a really good idea. I don't know how that mouse is but food for thought.

I tried, even bought a left handed Naga, but it's too big, I hate it. So nope, not using an MMO mouse. I use arrow keys to move (it's super easy, the keys even have little arrows on them telling you which way you'll move! ) and mouse to look and turn. Other then that, I'm a clicker, so I don't need any bindings.

I don't. What for?

I have a cheap mouse with three additional buttons, of which I use one. The only other special functionality of this particular product is the option to change cursor sensitivity, which I have at a fairly "stiff" setting, because I dislike finicky/excessively fast cursor movement.

A lot of people are making too much fuss about binding tons of abilities and having everything you could think of instantly "at your fingertips". It's less needed than some people would have you believe.

I used to use all the macros back in the day. I got a MMO mouse and likely wouldn't want to go back. But I certainly could if I had to. I doubt I would ever buy a Naga again though. Bad luck with razor products. I really like the g600 though. Took me a while to get used to the size difference but that's par for the course when getting a new mouse or keyboard.

I've been using intellimouse 3.0 since 2004 or something. 5 button mouse and I would never bother using those MMO-type mouses. They fit terribly in my hand and are too clunky with all the buttons.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Logitech MX 518 from '05 for a little over five years when I got a RAT 7. Used it for two years until I dropped it - the replacements I got had terrible build quality and lasted less than a year total for three replacements. Switched to a Naga Hex and have used it ever since. The Hex is particularly nice with the mechanical keyswitches and being useful in Heroes of the Storm.

Primary keybinds are QERFV with WASD movement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Bound 1-7, Q, E, R, T, F, G, Z, X, C, V, B + modifiers (Ctrl/Shift/Alt) - only using one mouse button (Middle) for mounting.

Feeling a bit cumbersome at times, but I have it set up this way since WotLK and I am, honestly speaking, terrified of even thinking of changing that.

The only reason I didn't buy Naga is the exact reason above - I would need to rebind everything, R.I.P. muscle memory.
    How do you reach 6 + 7? The only way I can reach 6 + 7 is having my fingers not on WASD but thats a really weird feeling especially when PvP'ing. Maybe I am too used to the MMO Mouse. The rest of the keyboard keybinds are the same for me. 6 and higher is my weak spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoggert View Post
    TIL People use special mice to play MMOs. What's wrong with a normal 3 button mouse? :< I already don't use my scroll let alone having to think of 10 more buttons on my mouse.
    When you have 20 to 40 thing key bound not having them all on the same hand certainly helps. I do remember first seeing a Naga and thinking it was absurd to have one. Eventually I started using a mx518 which has 8 buttons and it made the game so much easier and my pve and pvp ratings flew up. Last year I made the switch to a g600 and i use 8 of the keys plus their shift modifiers frequently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post

From my own experience it took me 2 weeks to get comfortable switching to a g600 from the mx518 and I had been using one of those for 4 years. Now playing alts is much easier since I no longer have buttons that dont do the same type of function for al toons. Intupts always bound to the same 2 keys stuns another so on and so for. Especially since in pvp if you can't use those quickly you might as well not use them at all. Truth be told that first raid I was kinda shitty and had a bunch of misclicks, luckily that went away quickly.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    How do you reach 6 + 7? The only way I can reach 6 + 7 is having my fingers not on WASD but thats a really weird feeling especially when PvP'ing. Maybe I am too used to the MMO Mouse. The rest of the keyboard keybinds are the same for me. 6 and higher is my weak spot.
    6 and 7 are exclusively for less-important stuff like Dashing/Sprinting, some racial abilities, depends on character.

And I don't PvP much :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    From my own experience it took me 2 weeks to get comfortable switching to a g600 from the mx518 and I had been using one of those for 4 years. Now playing alts is much easier since I no longer have buttons that dont do the same type of function for al toons. Intupts always bound to the same 2 keys stuns another so on and so for. Especially since in pvp if you can't use those quickly you might as well not use them at all. Truth be told that first raid I was kinda shitty and had a bunch of misclicks, luckily that went away quickly.
    Hah, doing pretty much the same. E is always single-target heavy hitter, Keg Smash, Pyroblast, so on, V is an AoE or Damage Reduction on Tanks, R is targeted AoE or Regen/Heal on Tanks, G is taunt or Damage Reduction on DPS/Heal, T is interrupt, F is always stun, and so on.

I have an MMO mouse for years but i just use it for out of combat stuff and CDs. What i dont get is how people can bind main abilities on the mouse, it feels slower than just pressing keyboard even with modifiers, u cant even spam it, and reacting with it just feels slow. But thats just me, its probably my grip? not sure lol

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a Razer Naga but every class I've played has more than 12 buttons to press. I only have one hand that I can use, so guess I'm a keyb-turner.

I guess that also explains why I suck at PvP.

I use the Razer for D3, HotS and Overwatch though. Works like a charm.

Deleted
    I have been using the G600 for a while, but never actually used any of the side buttons. So I replaced it with a "normal" mouse again - works perfectly fine for WoW.

I play with the mouse in my left hand so I'm relegated to use pretty much only ambidextrous mice.

(I'm using a Rival 300 atm, even though it's a "right-oriented" mouse, it fits very comfortably in my huge hand.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 3 of the M.M.O. 7 mouses, thats right. The $159.00 ones. These things are the devil because once you get used to using one. There is "NO!!" other mouse on the planet that will replace it. The problem is the first time you drop it or a fly lands on it it will explode into a million mouse pieces (exaggerated), but I'm not far from the truth. The thumb button on 2 of my mouses is gone and I'm working on breaking the 3rd. Not to mention there is a bug in there software that sometimes causes the mouse to act funny.

These mouse feel so good in your hands though and you can literally play any game using only the mouse (no typing of course). I would be lost without it. Its almost like a addiction because when this 3rd one tears up I'll probably log into Tigerdirect and have another one here tommarrow asap. Sorry I can't help myself. Damn awesome mouse. If they were made tougher I would recommend them BUT, because they cost so much and tear up so easy I recommend trying to find a DIFFERENT mmo mouse with at least 6-10 programmable buttons and call it a day. There just not worth the cost to replace one every 6 months. I've got around $450 sunk into this brand of mouse, you tell me if thats crazy or not.

P.S. I tried the Naga for about a week but ended up hating it, why? Because of a human flaw not the mouses. My fingers and thumb were just to big for the Naga's little buttons. I could literally push the 5 button and push 1-9. I ended up sending it to a good friend of mine that played wow also. As far as I know he uses it and enjoys it. It just wasn't for me.
    Last edited by Phantombeard; 2016-05-23 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Forgot something

yes, using a Microsoft 3.0.

My Logitech G600 MMO Mouse broke a few months ago and currently I am not planning on getting a new one. I am wondering if anyone here uses a normal mouse with only a few buttons for WoW? I currently don't play WoW but I plan to when Legion Pre-Event comes around. Not sure how I can play WoW without a MMO Mouse that has 12+ Buttons. Anyone have experience with it? How do you move? Mouse only? Using Numpad?

Hope you can help me out!
    I'm not sure exactly how "MMO Mouse" is defined but I use a logitech G700s for WoW and I really like it.