Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Remember that I did build handheld guns out of LEGO becuse my parents did think cap guns was unsuitable.

My memory is a bit foggy but was not City LEGO always disasters, to show of the fire, police or hospital stuff....

Well kids like to fuck shit up, back when I was a kid I had all sorts of lego weapons.. Oh the hours I spend building grand castles and ships and then ripped them apart and threw them around my room to simulate shit being blown to pieces back when I was a kid.

I honestly don't see the problem, whats next G.I Joe is no longer allowed to depict a soldier!? I mean I don't know how many G.I Joes I sent flying with rockets each New Years eve when I was a kid.. But I enjoyed blowing them to pieces thats for damn sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They might be the French Foreign Lego-n.
    The puns. The puns... Le-go of the puns!

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Remember that I did build handheld guns out of LEGO becuse my parents did think cap guns was unsuitable.

My memory is a bit foggy but was not City LEGO always disasters, to show of the fire, police or hospital stuff....
    Yea Lego city was always either firefighters, hospital stuff or police stuff. Hell even the commercials was like " Only you can stop the robbery!" or " Only you can safe these people from the flames!! " and something along those lines.
    People burning to death is pretty brutal stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    My only complaint with LEGOs is they are very expensive for little pieces of plastic. Also they only sell them in specific sets to build a specific item. Meaning you have to keep buying new sets all the time. It smacks of greed to me. When I was a kid you bought a box of LEGOs. It wasnt a set or a model. It was a big box of bricks. There were 3 or 4 types. Square, Wide Rectangle, Narrow, Rectangle, and Flat, and you used to your imagination to build whatever you wanted to. I cant even remember the last time I saw a big box of plain old LEGOs that werent intended for a set for sale
    Wait, surely you are not saying that Lego is engaging in the manufacture and sale of Legos just to make money? That's madness...

OP's Article is stupid but thread is redeemed with Lego reminiscence.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Aquanauts was solidly the best series. Neptune Discovery Lab ftw.
    +1 because that set was awesome. I always wanted it all, but only got a couple of them.

Growing up a lot of my lego was space ships and pirate ships. They has swords, guns, lazers, etc.

I had an executioner for my lego castle as a kid, many incompetent heads adorned my castle walls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Napo-lego-n Bonaparte.

What is this thread about?
    Shouldn't he use the halfling model, like Frodo and Yoda.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    These things were... awesome!

Smells good to

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    These things were... awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Actually one reason we don't see 'military' themed official legos is because the company refuses to make them due to the violence associated with them. Never mind light sabers, missiles, and guns from their sci fi stuff. I guess violence is OK as long as its... more pretendy than other violence.
    Those were the expensive kind. I always got the cheap ones that were rolls of paper because you got more bangs for the buck, literally. Those paper ones failed to fire a lot though.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm surprised we have gone three pages without a reference so, I will try one I guess:

The people that did this study can go step on a Lego.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lego is racist

Quote Originally Posted by deloctyte View Post
    I'll say it once, and I'll say it again: Warcraft Lego needs to be a thing. Lego Warcraft: The Movie: The Game would be amazing.
    As much as I'd love that, Blizzard already sold their soul to Megabloks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    As much as I'd love that, Blizzard already sold their soul to Megabloks.
    Bad move, give the licens for free to LEGO for all "free" advertising, would not surprise me if we will see Overwatch LEGO soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    They couldn't prove that video games cause violence, so now they have to attack Legos? What the hell? Why aren't we complaining about all the assholes wielding stupidity as a weapon? That's far more dangerous than any lego pirate.
    Video games make you violent. The problem they make is that they don't understand that shit like Doom and GTA are on the bottom of the pyramid, while shit like Tetris and Mario Kart are on the top.

Deleted

Jim Spaceborn the old days then Comic LEGO proxy of (black dressed) stormtrupers....who most of the time have angry face and disassembled sentient robots then trying to conquering the galaxy....

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    When I think of Lego, I will always think of this:

First set I ever got as a child - which I built according to the instructions and then proceeded to rebuild and change in a thousand different ways. To the OP's post, Lego is kind of as violent as you want to make it, given its nature as a set of construction blocks you can turn into practically anything.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2016-05-23 at 06:45 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought, from the title, that this thread was about Lego bricks becoming more painful to step on.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Bleh, when I was a kid everything was a potential doomsday device. Moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I thought, from the title, that this thread was about Lego bricks becoming more painful to step on.
    The lego brick conspiracy is still a silent movement until it happens.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.