Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Legion] no collect 700/800 unique pets achievement?

Cant spot this achievement on wowhead... and im close to 800 unique pets on live currently.

EDIT 1: You can obtain 704 if not more pets on live without spending a single penny (excluding TCG, CE, Shop, unobtainable pets, etc.)

EDIT 2: On live you can obtain 755/757 (NA/EU). Legion beta added 95 new pets so far, estimated max. number of new pets at the end of Legion is 150+.

EDIT 3: The 300 mount achievement was added in 6.2 - where it was waaaaay harder to achieve 300 mounts vs. 700 pets.

EDIT 4:

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/737750767851831296

Q: "Are the battle pets obtained from the Order Halls intended to be non-tradable?"

A: "Yes, hardcore battle pet collectors will need to alt it up to complete their collections."
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2016-05-31 at 09:23 PM.

probably not in yet.

Deleted
    Probably, yeah. But even if they add a 700 pet achievement, I think its way too low currently. I'll get this with the pre patch without even touching Legion.

Holy shit, I miss like 30 pets to reach the 700 breakpoint, and I don't have any store, collectors edition, RaF or blizzcon pet, and only one TCG pet.
    Guess you have at least couple of them?

And this a long with silly, boring ass pokemon copy, is why I sold all my pets and never gonna collect them again if it means I will miss out on 700-?? achievement points.

Pets used to mean something, like mounts. Now they are closing in on pointless and forcing you with a dumbed down pokemon game....I like pokemon, and if Im gonna play pokemon, Im gonna play pokemon, not a clone.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    And this a long with silly, boring ass pokemon copy, is why I sold all my pets and never gonna collect them again if it means I will miss out on 700-?? achievement points.

Pets used to mean something, like mounts. Now they are closing in on pointless and forcing you with a dumbed down pokemon game....I like pokemon, and if Im gonna play pokemon, Im gonna play pokemon, not a clone.
    "Stupid Blizzard added a minigame to be played with pets, now they're pointless!"

This is insane.

I think it's a fair complaint to say that acquiring new pets relies too heavily on pet battling (especially if you don't enjoy it), but you're missing out on achievement points anyway, and why on Earth would that bother you? Do you plan to get every single achievement in the game?

"Pets used to mean something, like mounts. Now they are closing in on pointless..."

But Blizzard has literally just added content for pets without removing any. You can still have them follow you around like you've always been able to do, still acquire them from rep vendors, rares, raids (and now treasures), etc. No content was removed, they're further away from pointless than ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Blizzard always plan with currently obtainable pets. Just because its to low for you, it does not mean its to low in general.
    700 is perfectly fine for Legion
    Please... please... keep such statements for yourselves. You dont know with what Blizzard plans. They certainly didnt plan with 300 obtainable mounts when they introduced that achievement in 6.2 or so.

Not to mention that 800 pets is achievable with Legion pets, compared to how achievable the 300 mount achievement is pre-Legion.

Deleted
    300 mounts have been available with the achievement release.

If they dont plan with those mounts/pets/w.e. being available, than why we dont have a 350 mounts or 700 pets achievement right now?
    308 mounts are currently avaible (including shop mounts, RAF mounts, etc.), minus the unavaible ones.

I currently have 750+ unique pets, some are unavaible but its still well over 700.

Good bye.

Deleted
    317 with shop/raf/ http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1...nts:id=2281010

A few more mounts (7?) r available via bmah. Shitty way of obtainable, but obtainable nonetheless.

I guess you are still frequently shitposting/ignoring facts just like half a year ago when I still visited mmo champ frequently.
    And you are doing exactly what? Thinking that you're a good person doesnt automatically make you into one. I rather hate idiots, then supporting them silently.

You are able to reach 700 unique pets currently without bmah, shop or TCG and you still argue that 700 is a good number for Legion. Ignorance is bliss.

Deleted
    Is there a 350 mounts achievement in yet? Hopefully we'll get both at launch and not in the first content patch, for collectors we are always way ahead of these achievements.

Deleted
    Ya fuck me for posting my wrong opinion.

Also there are only 676 pets available w/o bmah, shop, tcg or CE. http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9...nts:id=2014199

But fuck yeah Ignorance is a bliss.
    6.0.2 is not 6.2

Deleted
    I'm currently sitting on 651 unique pets obtained and I'm not even farming them. So I'd say that 800 pets achievements would be ideal provided they don't add too many new pets. I don't want to obtain last pet battle achie immediatelly the expansion comes live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crv View Post
    I'm currently sitting on 651 unique pets obtained and I'm not even farming them. So I'd say that 800 pets achievements would be ideal provided they don't add too many new pets. I don't want to obtain last pet battle achie immediatelly the expansion comes live.
    Exactly my point. I'll ding the 700 achievement right with the pre patch.

Deleted
    I did forget the huge amount of content WoD added. Its possible to get 704 pets. "Well over 700" I'd say.

They will probably add the 700 pets achiev with the prepatch and thats it.
    I just pray to gods they don't add another 5k pet battles won achievement in Legion. I just hate those achievements. Especially 5k pvp pet battles won. It's just horrible experience.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Cant spot this achievement on wowhead... and im close to 800 unique pets on live currently.
    Actually the only thing related to the number of pets is the Pocket Pet Portal, that set the total pet maximum for account to 1,500.
    http://beta.wowdb.com/items/139003-pocket-pet-portal

No mention to a new collect pets achievement for now, but I suppose will not set to 700, you can easy reach that numbers without any Legion Pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

Pets used to mean something, like mounts. Now they are closing in on pointless and forcing you with a dumbed down pokemon game...
    The only pointless thing here is your comment.

Btw with Legion Pet Battle are are now part of the World Quests, so if you are in short of time, you can easly complete one of the four quests required to the Emissary using Pet Battle. Not you of course, just us.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

I'd wager they look more at the average number of pets and then the ones on the high side and decide to push the next level achievement out.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Actually the only thing related to the number of pets is the Pocket Pet Portal, that set the total pet maximum for account to 1,500.
    http://beta.wowdb.com/items/139003-pocket-pet-portal

No mention to a new collect pets achievement for now, but I suppose will not set to 700, you can easy reach that numbers without any Legion Pets.

The only pointless thing here is your comment.

Btw with Legion Pet Battle are are now part of the World Quests, so if you are in short of time, you can easly complete one of the four quests required to the Emissary using Pet Battle. Not you of course, just us.
    Saying it's easy to get 700+ pets atm when that would include a bunch of promotional and store bought pets is a bit of a joke. It's neither easy nor feasible for most players as they've no intent on sinking 100s of dollars into pets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Saying it's easy to get 700+ pets atm when that would include a bunch of promotional and store bought pets is a bit of a joke. It's neither easy nor feasible for most players as they've no intent on sinking 100s of dollars into pets.
    You can buy pets on store when are sell at half price and/or when are related to a donations/charity. Also, you can farm golds to buy pets related to the card games on Ah or buy them at BMAH or use "reclute a friend" option for some pets.

I use to buy a pet a year when It's sell at half price, i dont have many of the tcg pets, none from reclute a friend, i dont have graves.. i dont have the pets from the First 2 collectors from wow and StarCraft. But i have more than 700 pets.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    It has been explicitely stated like 5 posts ago that you can reach 704 or so pets without any TCG, Shop, CE or other pets which became unobtainable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    It has been explicitely stated like 5 posts ago that you can reach 704 or so pets without any TCG, Shop, CE or other pets which became unobtainable.
    Ok, so if you get all the ultrarare world drop pets, the super common and easy to get timeless isle pets, etc, etc. Then you can hit 704. WoW that sounds mega-easy!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    You can buy pets on store when are sell at half price and/or when are related to a donations/charity. Also, you can farm golds to buy pets related to the card games on Ah or buy them at BMAH or use "reclute a friend" option for some pets.

I use to buy a pet a year when It's sell at half price, i dont have many of the tcg pets, none from reclute a friend, i dont have graves.. i dont have the pets from the First 2 collectors from wow and StarCraft. But i have more than 700 pets.
    That you spent actual money buying, still. That was kind of my point as well.