Help with my balance friend

Hello there.

My mate was wondering why he was doing so low damage yesterday on our mythic iron reaver kill, if anybody that knows this spec could point on what he did wrong.

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/CJLFKgTGpBtcm7Nk/

Edit: The druid named Psoon

I just gave it a quick look because I dont have that much time at my Hands atm.

So first things first. If you don't kill reaver in one phase, meaning without him beeing fully charged and lifting up, there is no way to get really good rankings nowadays because dps will drop on Airface drastically. (depending on raid comp)
    Also a Link to the armory would've been nice I assume he is Psoon-Ragnaros for Dreamers ?
    His equip is no where near BiS even considering you just started Mythic. There are lot of substituional item choices Like Helm, cloak, weapon, hands, neck . Meaning he shoudl try to get a better weapon (mainly any HC one is stronger) Go for the Set helmet and archimonde hands and a nother neck. The Ring is something you now could get from the first boss (crit mastery one)
    Biggest DPS loss from his gear are 2 things: first the weapon is still pretty low Item-lvl - for weapons Itemlvl is king. Second: And this is a big thing: legendary ring This one is a huuuuge DPS increase so far that you could consider the ring broken.
    Also I don't see it equipped but the HC class trinket is for AoE fights the go to one so I hope he has it in his bags.

If you take a look into the logs into psoons Casts there 3 things popping up right away
    1. A high count on Moonfire and Sunfire casts - a lot of them where recasts that happend way to early.
    2. A really low cast count overall
    3. Desynched Celestial Aignment (CA) and Incarnation (Inc) later in the fight.

regarding 1 and 2. Those can be happening due the fact that you are still new to the fight, progressing on it and not to comfortable with the movement patterns.
    as a DPS you want to fill as many GCDs in a fight with dmg spells. Psoon has a lot of pauses in between meaning either, he is walking way to much has to orientate himself quiet a lot, or is really slow on the casting side (maybe a clicker?)
    to 1. I don't bother to dot the bombs (but the reinforced ones during air phase) Because most others don't live long enough. DoTs should be maintained 100% on the boss tho. Therefore you need to refresh sunfire every cycle and moonfire every other.

regarding 3: Those two are both on a 3min CD and should be used together. Inc first because it is on GCD and follow up with CA to do big amounts of dps. If he gets the legendary ring he can try to sych that as well but wont be possible sometimes because the ring is on a 2m CD.
    Also both should be used in the precast pull routine

I think this should help him around for the time beeing there is still some smaller things to master but he should start with the bigger picture.
    I hope I was able to help.
    cya
    P.S.: gratz on your first kills folks
    Last edited by miDnight77; 2016-05-24 at 09:37 AM.