Gilnean Raven, a question

I was recently browsing my pets (I don't do pet battles) and found the Gilnean raven in my roster of pets. I just use K'ute so was going through selling all my other pets.

However, I remember hearing some sort of shenanigans regarding this pet and was curious what they were. Is there some version of it that's worth a ton? What version is this? How can I tell? (Atm this one has 148 health, 10 sword, 12 arrow stats).
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC there's a high attack variant that could only roll on Worgen who got the pet in Cataclysm, rather than the new green version introduced in MoP or something like that.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    IIRC there's a high attack variant that could only roll on Worgen who got the pet in Cataclysm, rather than the new green version introduced in MoP or something like that.
    Some browsing says its the S/S variant is the rare one (Highest speed in game or something? Idk) But its no longer retrievable since a patch. The one I seem to have is S/S but I have no idea what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    It's absolute junk, hand it over to me quickly and I will dispose of it properly.
    Well you know the phrase... one person's trash is another's treasure.

I'm assuming this is in the treasure department when you say it like that

10+ Year Old Account
    S/S Gilnean Raven is the most valued among all Gilnean Ravens cause speed is a stellar stat in its case. There is a carbon copy of it called Crow from Darkmoon Faire but the fact that S/S Gilnean Ravens cannot be obtained other than selling/buying from other players tells its value. I think it was patch 5.1 when Blizzard changed Gilnean Ravens to only have 1 breed available (B/B) when Worgen players buy them from the vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    S/S Gilnean Raven is the most valued among all Gilnean Ravens cause speed is a stellar stat in its case. There is a carbon copy of it called Crow from Darkmoon Faire but the fact that S/S Gilnean Ravens cannot be obtained other than selling/buying from other players tells its value. I think it was patch 5.1 when Blizzard changed Gilnean Ravens to only have 1 breed available (B/B) when Worgen players buy them from the vendor.

Yep this is exactly right they took the s/s one out of the game and the only way to obtain it now is if someone got one before its removal. So it is sought after but the hoopla over this died now near 2 years ago when it was first removed. I doubt most know much about it anymore you might fetch a decent price for it but then again you might not. If truely wanting the most for this pet wait for prepatch or launch of legion to sell it. As more people will be playing again.