Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Benediction quest vs Legion quest for Legendary, what a joke!

I stumbled across a holy priest video getting his/her Legendary in Legion. I couldn't help but feel the quest line and "work" involved is a joke. When I heard about legendary weapons for all I was indifferent hoping the experiance would be noteworthy.

It baffles my mind how unlegendary this whole mess is. I mentioned benediction because that was a legit experiance not one priest who earned it would soon forget. God if they just plugged in the benediction quest line without having to fight an entire server for attempts, it would be more memorable than the garbage they're feeding holy priest.

Anyone else mad about this or their own classes legendary hand me down questlines?

7+ Year Old Account
    They're artifacts, they're core to the expansion and thus a starting point...

...they should have added followups with some rewards, and some challenge.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like Oreo said: it's an ARTIFACT weapon, not legendary and meant to kick off the start. Some of the quest could have been longer though..

Also..it's spelled experiEnce, no A in there.

Well longer would be better but I can't help but feel its going to be generic for all classes after the lackluster class introductions. I'm not asking for some redic long quest line or grind fest but certainly more than 30 mins of text and two clicks.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    I stumbled across a holy priest video getting his/her Legendary in Legion. I couldn't help but feel the quest line and "work" involved is a joke. When I heard about legendary weapons for all I was indifferent hoping the experiance would be noteworthy.

It baffles my mind how unlegendary this whole mess is. I mentioned benediction because that was a legit experiance not one priest who earned it would soon forget. God if they just plugged in the benediction quest line without having to fight an entire server for attempts, it would be more memorable than the garbage they're feeding holy priest.

Anyone else mad about this or their own classes legendary hand me down questlines?
    Nope. I found the artifact questline for mages to be a lot more fulfilling than the legendary questline they had in classic.

I actually liked the Holy Priest artifact quest. Out of the 3 artifact quests for priest, it's the best. You have to balance out healing, attacking, and awareness all at once. Yes it is a bit short, but I'd rather it be short than take forever in a day.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The artifact questlines are pseudo ability/skill checks with a bit of storytelling thrown in. They are tests of class knowledge, positioning, response time, healing, and for some specs - mana management. I will say that out of the five healing artifacts that ive gotten, Holy Priest was by far the hardest from a healing/mana management standpoint just because of the sheer damage output of the last two boss fights in the scenario.

Disc had its challenging bits, but that is mostly in figuring out what class ability you need to use to overcome a certain mechanic. The healing parts were pretty easy.

Resto druid's was trivial in comparison.

Mistweaver's was more "realistic" in that you have NPCs that need periodic dispelling and those that stand in fire as well as being spread out enough to make AOE problematic.

HPally was pretty generic and not particularly challenging if you remember to pop wings when needed.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-05-25 at 01:14 PM.

Most annoying part for holy was the first "boss" Kiting from room to room and the NPC's LoS'ing me constantly was very annoying.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i tried gripping Boros back so i could heal his dumb ass, but the ability didnt work on him. I supose that pre-positioning a feather for the run between platforms would help immensely. Which is probably the whole point of having the boss fly around like that in the first place.

I also found having to nuke down the adds with holy damage on the last boss while keeping everyone alive to be an interesting mechanic. Interesting in hindsight only of course. Entirely annoying during the actual fight.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-05-26 at 02:20 PM.

While we are on the subject of Benediction, i did the quest line many many years ago, after taking a break i came back to my bank emptied, chars naked and no gold, most was restored but not benediction.

If you completed the questline will getting it in the new Xmog feature?

Quote Originally Posted by healme View Post
    While we are on the subject of Benediction, i did the quest line many many years ago, after taking a break i came back to my bank emptied, chars naked and no gold, most was restored but not benediction.

Might be something to tweet to warcraftdevs about. I know they said stuff that you earned via quests will be there as it's a quest item. However Benediction is pretty unique.

If true - and I'm not saying I agree that it is - I'd imagine it's an inescapable consequence of giving everyone "legendary" weapons in Legion. There were pros and cons to that decision, and one of the cons is that in many ways it will feel less "special." I'm sure we'd all have loved a deep, cinematic, 10+ questline for our artifact weapons, but remember that, from a design perspective, there are more than 30 (!) classes in the game at the moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Nope. I found the artifact questline for mages to be a lot more fulfilling than the legendary questline they had in classic.
    Because mages had a legendary questline in vanilla besides just basically collecting splinters in Naxx for the staff?

- - - Updated - - -

As far as the quests for the artifacts, I enjoyed them for the most part. I hated the holy one because I kept dying or my party kept dying. The disc one I did as shadow with 0 problems. Shadow I thought was good.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    They're artifacts, they're core to the expansion and thus a starting point...

...they should have added followups with some rewards, and some challenge.
    I feel like the class campaigns are going to be patch by patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    Well longer would be better but I can't help but feel its going to be generic for all classes after the lackluster class introductions. I'm not asking for some redic long quest line or grind fest but certainly more than 30 mins of text and two clicks.
    I found it to be very interesting actually. I thought it was well done. Also the artifact quest line is SIGNIFICANTLY longer than you make it seem. The quest line does not stop when you get it....you learn about the artifact throughout the expansion. It isn't like other legendaries where once you get it its over.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    No class had their own legendary back in vanilla. You did have 3 legendaries but it was shared among various classes. Now, 2 classes did have epic quest lines in which they were rewarded with a weapon which were priest (anathema/benediction) and hunter with (rhok'delar). Outside of that there were class trinkets quests you started in Azshara.

Back on topic - I've done both DH specs, ret, elemental & enhancement. I would have to say the hardest one out of those was the havoc dh with ret being next in line. I have not touched the priest stuff but, I did keep my anathema/benediction! :P

Well yeah, these quest lines are mostly for RP purposes. They can't really make them challenging or they'd had tons of people complaining/quitting the expansion straight off the bat after failing to acquire them.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirax View Post
    No class had their own legendary back in vanilla. You did have 3 legendaries but it was shared among various classes. Now, 2 classes did have epic quest lines in which they were rewarded with a weapon which were priest (anathema/benediction) and hunter with (rhok'delar). Outside of that there were class trinkets quests you started in Azshara.

Back on topic - I've done both DH specs, ret, elemental & enhancement. I would have to say the hardest one out of those was the havoc dh with ret being next in line. I have not touched the priest stuff but, I did keep my anathema/benediction! :P
    I forgot the /s.

Quote Originally Posted by healme View Post

That question comes up all the time and the answer is "there is no quest you have to finish to get the staff so there is no proof that you ever had it." but you can give it a shot.

I blame the casuals
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?