Returning player; need help with professios!

Okay so I left around about a couple of months after WotLK due to other commitments cancelled my sub and havent looked back since and I had the eager to play another MMO and thought of wow instantly so I tried to get my account back with little success so starting again from scratch.

So I buy the expansions including legion and see I have a 90 boost and 100 boost (WTF at first but I guess times have changed from vanilla wow) im sure that was discussed wayback when this first started, anyway back to thread. I am wondering what professions are worth leveling other than mining and herb as I will be doing that as I level and I heard professions was disappointing in WoD and no more profession passives.

So what should I be boosting? (I know the 60 requirement)This will most likely be on 2 DKs or a DK and possibly a hunter or whatever I decide to level.

I was thinking tailoring and enchanting (Save money for bags/clothing and hated leveling enchanting at times) but the next 2 professions are giving me a hard time, I think alchemy can be great so that will probably be No.3 but the last one is up in the air. Are these still good or should I be changing these 3?

4th profession: I think I have it narrowed down to say 3 or 4 (should just buy another boost haha)
    Engineering - Good general utility and useful for raiding as well as doing old raid runs
    Blacksmithing- Like all plate classes and will be rolling atleast 1 of each but is it worth crafting own gear over utility
    Jewelcrafting- A good thing to have I think but think the 2 above have better reasons to boost
    Leatherworking- I remember the pain I went through back in the day haha

So really I am unsure on all professions I want to boost helpful advice on all four professions slots to boost also input on which ones to boost to 700 with the lvl100 boost over the lvl90 600 boost would be fantastic!

15+ Year Old Account
    Crafting is only really useful in the intial gear up, and even then you're only allowed to equip 3 crafted items anyway.

Crafting professions are gone, so best bet is whats the most useful.

Engineering is by far the most fun, and the bits and bobs you make can be useful at times.

Whatever makes the most money!

7+ Year Old Account
    Professions will mean alot in Legion. Loads of quests, gear that can be made and sold..stuff like that.
    Boost whatever you think might be the best for that char =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AA92 View Post
    So I buy the expansions including legion and see I have a 90 boost and 100 boost (WTF at first but I guess times have changed from vanilla wow) im sure that was discussed wayback when this first started, anyway back to thread.
    Hehe, I read this in garrosh's voice. Did you watch the trailer by any chance?

OT:

Well, I usually get engineering on every char. It's a bit less useful now since most stuff can be bought and you don't need to be a engineer for goblin glider for example.
    So I have engineering and usually pair this up with blacksmithing for plate wearers, leatherworking for leather/mail wearers and tailoring for cloth wearers.
    Unless I already have one of those on a different character then I pick up things like enchanting, jw and the like.

Things like enchanting can save you quite a bit of gold with enchanting gear if you have a lot of alts as well.

But I guess its all just preference.
    Last edited by mmocc29434e79e; 2016-05-24 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Hehe, I read this in garrosh's voice. Did you watch the trailer by any chance?
    I did haha

[QUOTE=Kuniku;40485545]Crafting is only really useful in the intial gear up, and even then you're only allowed to equip 3 crafted items anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuniku View Post
    Crafting is only really useful in the intial gear up, and even then you're only allowed to equip 3 crafted items anyway.

Crafting professions are gone, so best bet is whats the most useful.

Engineering is by far the most fun, and the bits and bobs you make can be useful at times.

Whatever makes the most money!
    What profess are good for making money? It used to be alchemy and enchants (for me) and I made a good steady amount of gold with bags

Quote Originally Posted by Skrymer View Post
    Professions will mean alot in Legion. Loads of quests, gear that can be made and sold..stuff like that.
    Boost whatever you think might be the best for that char =)
    I don't want professions good for just one character although engineering by the looks of it is just for one character with a few things being the exception but BS will only be armour next xpac due to artifact weapons really, how good is the armour you can craft? or is the stuff you get in the open world just as good (apart from raiding of course)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post

Well, I usually get engineering on every char. It's a bit less useful now since most stuff can be bought and you don't need to be a engineer for goblin glider for example.
    So I have engineering and usually pair this up with blacksmithing for plate wearers, leatherworking for leather/mail wearers and tailoring for cloth wearers.
    Unless I already have one of those on a different character then I pick up things like enchanting, jw and the like.

Things like enchanting can save you quite a bit of gold with enchanting gear if you have a lot of alts as well.

But I guess its all just preference.
    I think for now, I only need the one engineer, and get enchanting and alchemy because I must have spent so much on enchants and potions way back when, that I just find having someone do both alchemy and enchanting very appealing as well as having large bags from the get go instead of them amazing 6 slot bags or spending more gold on each character, when I have no gold as it is ha... DH will be my leatherworker I think

Engineering over blacksmithing? as these are really the main 4th spot choices?

Deleted
    Jewelcrafting and Alchemy are my biggest money makers. Alchemy stays udefull throughout the entire expansion due to potd and flasks. JC has gems to sustain cash flow, but with sockets being random it is not as good. Do mske sure you gather Cataclysm Recipes if you take JC. A lot of people want those for a timewalking set. For most Heroic raiders the BiS ring is crafted so those babies still sell for loads, this might change come legion.

Enchanting stays usefull as well, we will be getting backa couple more slots to enchant and illusions will be added to the Wardrobe sysrem which need to be crafted uding their original mats. Which can be a new source of gold, so do not forget to grind rare weapon enchants from places like Ulduar.

Blacksmithing, tailoring and leatherworking have their armor crafts which will condistantly sell due to alts/collectors but the drop of point is steep when people get settled and It is dependent on server pop since the items are one time sells. Tailoring has added advantage of bags and BS offers melee weapons.

Inscription and engineering are lowest money makers for me, gun price drops low due to only hunters beign able to use it. The gadgets for legion seem promising. Inscription has decent value with their caster weapons but will be better with the damage boost scrolls in legion.

I recommend taking Ench/JC/Alch/Tailoring for boosts. And Herbalism/Mining on you Demon hunter. If you manage to max all these pre-legion you can start cashing in from day 1 legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Go engineering for goblin glider. The other profession doesn't really matter right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Desraider View Post
    Jewelcrafting and Alchemy are my biggest money makers. Alchemy stays udefull throughout the entire expansion due to potd and flasks. JC has gems to sustain cash flow, but with sockets being random it is not as good. Do mske sure you gather Cataclysm Recipes if you take JC. A lot of people want those for a timewalking set. For most Heroic raiders the BiS ring is crafted so those babies still sell for loads, this might change come legion.

Enchanting stays usefull as well, we will be getting backa couple more slots to enchant and illusions will be added to the Wardrobe sysrem which need to be crafted uding their original mats. Which can be a new source of gold, so do not forget to grind rare weapon enchants from places like Ulduar.

Blacksmithing, tailoring and leatherworking have their armor crafts which will condistantly sell due to alts/collectors but the drop of point is steep when people get settled and It is dependent on server pop since the items are one time sells. Tailoring has added advantage of bags and BS offers melee weapons.

Inscription and engineering are lowest money makers for me, gun price drops low due to only hunters beign able to use it. The gadgets for legion seem promising. Inscription has decent value with their caster weapons but will be better with the damage boost scrolls in legion.

I recommend taking Ench/JC/Alch/Tailoring for boosts. And Herbalism/Mining on you Demon hunter. If you manage to max all these pre-legion you can start cashing in from day 1 legion.
    Thank you this has helped a lot, and has given me something else to think about and I am currently leveling a Druid which will always be my gatherer, will start hunter tomorrow to get to level 60 for boost just need to think which 2 professions should get the max profession boost?