Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Sure, that explains why 6.2 sucked and probably why 6.1 was a non-content patch, but why did max level story in 6.0 suck so much? Grom was still the villain in the 6.0 storyline.
    Compared to which expansion, exactly? Every expansion prior to legion had extremely lacking max level storylines at start of expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I’ve decided to dust off my Draenei Paladin in these last couple of months before Legion. I’d like to play the Shadowmoon Valley through his eyes, especially the Velen story, and have him as a fall-back tank for my guild for Legion.

He’s currently level 86, not having been touched much since Cataclysm, so I’ll need to level him those few levels, but I never played MoP to know what I want to do with him.

Any suggestions? For a lore-geek looking to explore anything especially Draenei-related? Any scenarios I should check out, quest lines, etc.? Dungeons I should tank?

Thanks in Advance,
    Braco of the Shattered Sun
    (Avatars of Light)
    .... Whaaaa? How can he be lvl 86 if you've never played MoP? Also, MoP isn't exactly rocket science, just follow the intro quests and taadaaah.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Compared to which expansion, exactly? Every expansion prior to legion had extremely lacking max level storylines at start of expansion.
    Pretty much every expansion had max level world content. MoP had a bunch of questlines in different zones at max level for example.

WoD had a handful of disconnected garrison campaign quests with the majority being pointless nonsense that had nothing to do with the rest of the story.

Remember when Grom was the end boss? That was likely keeping with that, but it was changed to avoid more orcs last minute. Not surprising the story was lacking.
    It's baffling to me that they thought changing the main antagonist and scrapping months, if not years of work only a few months from launch was a good idea. I understand that people were sick to death of orcs after a year of SoO, but how did any part of management think scrapping that much and completely fucking over the expansion was worth it?
    Last edited by Daralii; 2016-05-25 at 10:16 AM.

Pretty much every expansion had max level world content. MoP had a bunch of questlines in different zones at max level for example.

WoD had a handful of disconnected garrison campaign quests with the majority being pointless nonsense that had nothing to do with the rest of the story.
    The MoP ones were also disconnected and majority pointless nonsense that had nothing to do with the rest of the story. Your bias is showing.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The MoP ones were also disconnected and majority pointless nonsense that had nothing to do with the rest of the story. Your bias is showing.
    No they weren't.

Shado-pan quests for example was a continuous story about the shado-pan. You weren't doing shado-pan things 1 week and then the next week derping around with ogres fighting in an arena for no reason at all.

No they weren't.

Shado-pan quests for example was a continuous story about the shado-pan. You weren't doing shado-pan things 1 week and then the next week derping around with ogres fighting in an arena for no reason at all.
    August celestials ring any bells?

August celestials ring any bells?
    Yes, you got me, 1 out of 5 quest hubs was lacking in story and poorly developed.

Yes, you got me, 1 out of 5 quest hubs was lacking in story and poorly developed.
    And racing wind serpents was the epitomy of serious story
    Oh and freeing the same guy from the mogu for golden lotus everyday, at times culminating in rolling down a wall, dealing with tricksters, dealing with ghosts, or just doing some martial arts.

The klaxxi & shadopan where the only ones who kept a significant story, even with golden lotus big batte it boiled down to freeing softfoot everyday. Fun fact, only the klaxxi was even slightly relevant to the last patch.

And to compare to this we have serious & relevant garrison campaign quests.

And to compare to this we have serious & relevant garrison campaign quests.
    lol

Did you even do the garrison campaign? There were like 3 quests that were relevant. Yrel's Exarch trials, which didn't work particularly well because there was a lack of development for her at max level. The Shattrath quest that didn't even finish the Shattrath storyline, completely incomplete. And the end quest with Grom running away with his tail tucked between his legs only for that quest to be made irrelevant by later story changes.

If you think the garrison campaign was good story telling then I don't know what to tell you.

Yes, and last I knew 3/8 is pretty similary to 2/5.

Yes, and last I knew 3/8 is pretty similary to 2/5.
    Are you comparing single quests with entire quest chains?

Are you comparing single quests with entire quest chains?
    Your fudging is getting really annoying at this point. At least TRY to make a fair argument so I don't have to correct you everytime.

Garrison campaigns were short quest chains you could do in a couple hours.
    MoP factions were short quest chains you could do in a couple hours, separated weeks apart by dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... Whaaaa? How can he be lvl 86 if you've never played MoP? Also, MoP isn't exactly rocket science, just follow the intro quests and taadaaah.
    I said "not having been touched much since Cataclysm..." He was a level 85 raid tank in Cataclysm, but all I'd done since was turn in a couple of old quests and maybe done the opening bit of MoP - the part where you land on the island. So level 86.

I wasn't asking how to level in MoP lol, I was ask there was any content especially interesting for Draenei to do. Does Velen visit Pandaria? Any interesting Draenei NPCs to interact with? Any scenarios involving Draenei lore that I should check out?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Your fudging is getting really annoying at this point. At least TRY to make a fair argument so I don't have to correct you everytime.

Garrison campaigns were short quest chains you could do in a couple hours.
    MoP factions were short quest chains you could do in a couple hours, separated weeks apart by dailies.
    Garrison campaigns are incomplete quest chains at best. We never see the end of the Shattrath storyline, it's just dropped. We never see what leads up to Yrel's trials, we just left her in Nagrand and she randomly shows up again for the trials. We never see what happens after the Grom quest because Blizzard dropped that storyline.

I'm not sure why I'm supposed to accept incomplete storylines as good story telling. The fucking Tillers had better story telling than the garrison campaign.

Because my initial point was all the story hooks were dropped with the massive storyline change into 6.2 - which you questioned what the impact was?

You've effectively asked me what 2 + 2 is here.

Because my initial point was all the story hooks were dropped with the massive storyline change into 6.2 - which you questioned what the impact was?

You've effectively asked me what 2 + 2 is here.
    That explains 2 of the 8 garrison campaign things.

Does it ever occur to you that, as Daralii mentioned - dropping all the work you've got (which they confirmed they had) and redoing it from scratch means you lose out on time to do a lot of other work?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I said "not having been touched much since Cataclysm..." He was a level 85 raid tank in Cataclysm, but all I'd done since was turn in a couple of old quests and maybe done the opening bit of MoP - the part where you land on the island. So level 86.

I wasn't asking how to level in MoP lol, I was ask there was any content especially interesting for Draenei to do. Does Velen visit Pandaria? Any interesting Draenei NPCs to interact with? Any scenarios involving Draenei lore that I should check out?
    There's a female draenei rogue, Nishka(?) and uhm... Nobundo does something too I think. But no Draenei lore in Pandaria, only pandaren, mogu, titan and zandalari lore obviously.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There's a female draenei rogue, Nishka(?) and uhm... Nobundo does something too I think. But no Draenei lore in Pandaria, only pandaren, mogu, titan and zandalari lore obviously.
    Thanks.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"