10+ Year Old Account
    3 DPS does feel pretty solid for sure, quite like it on attack. Hopefully it'll get more acceptable and I can run Sombra, I see she's getting some more respect too now, because she is really good and an absolute nightmare to fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    3 DPS does feel pretty solid for sure, quite like it on attack. Hopefully it'll get more acceptable and I can run Sombra, I see she's getting some more respect too now, because she is really good and an absolute nightmare to fight.
    Yes, Winston + 3 DPS is actually very viable. But it suffers from the same lack of comms at lower ranks as dive comps.

Deleted

Finally! ^^

Had two great games, first one was a king of the hill (which I'm not a huge fan of), looked bad for a bit the enemy dominating the second and third round making it 1-2, but we managed to pull ourselves together (mostly thanks to everyone staying calm) and fought ourselves to 3-2.

Second map was Eichenwalde, we managed to cap all three points with 3 minutes remaining, and defended into overtime third point, so all we had to do was cap to the first arrow thing on the first point to win! Love those changes to help prevent draws or even worse, coin flips, could easily have lost if something like that still existed.
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-06-26 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Yes, Winston + 3 DPS is actually very viable. But it suffers from the same lack of comms at lower ranks as dive comps.
    3 dps teams is cancer right now. I don't mean it's bad to play, but it's been out of the comp game for quite a while that it seems like most teams I am on forgot how to deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're running 3 DPS is it really better to go single tank? That seems awful squishy; I feel like giving up a second healer would be better than a second tank?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate this rank. Haven't had a game I could remotely call balanced since breaking 2300. Every match is a total crapshoot, usually decided by whoever is throwing. So many premades as well with barely plats expecting their low silver friend to be carried, and it can't be done.

Maybe this is the rank I should be at, but I can't even work out from SR movement. One match I'll gain 34, next I lose as much, and after that it's 15 in either direction. It's so hard to play and play well when you're rolling or getting rolled over. So sure, I am playing with and against better players than me, but also much worse too. The disparity is so wide though it's just all over the place from one match to the next.

4 dps all day as I'm sitting here on Mercy asking for somebody to play a tank

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    4 dps all day as I'm sitting here on Mercy asking for somebody to play a tank
    And that moment when a tracer is harrassing you and your friendly widow on the high ground doesn't bother to peek so you could GA to her...and then you die, horribly.
    #MercyFirstWorldProblems

"I need Healing !"

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I hate this rank. Haven't had a game I could remotely call balanced since breaking 2300. Every match is a total crapshoot, usually decided by whoever is throwing. So many premades as well with barely plats expecting their low silver friend to be carried, and it can't be done.

Maybe this is the rank I should be at, but I can't even work out from SR movement. One match I'll gain 34, next I lose as much, and after that it's 15 in either direction. It's so hard to play and play well when you're rolling or getting rolled over. So sure, I am playing with and against better players than me, but also much worse too. The disparity is so wide though it's just all over the place from one match to the next.
    Yep. I have climbed back up to 2200-2300 after almost dipping below 2000 and it's basically been due to a change in time of day that I play, but it's still a total crapshoot.

I stopped playing early evening NZ time when I get home from work - it's full of Aussie schoolkids playing before the adults get home from work. If I leave it until later, maybe 9pm local, and hit 6pm-7pm Aussie time, there's a lot more sensible players, people prepared to fill rather than instalock dps, and less voice channel toxicity.

Weekends are still random as.

Games were definitely more likely to have consistently useful teammates over 2500, I feel like I'm trying to carry the team a lot more around this SR, but I'm not good enough to do it, so maybe this is my place until I get good enough to do so?

Okay so I have been thinking about Hammond=Doomfist and I'll use this image to support my theory;

Basically someone (not me) took the image found in Numbani of the three doomfists including the shadowed out 'The successor' and drew an image of what they felt would fill the outline of the form that is shadowed out. They drew a black man with goggles that slope over the eye on the odd curve shown in the outline.

But what if that odd slope shape isn't goggles but rather a simian sloping brow? Basically Hammond would be riding in a mechanical muscle suit wielding the doomfist. If he stole the doomfist he is obviously intelligent enough to get from The Horizon to Numbani, and he is a super genius arch-villain as he obviously sent in Reaper and Widow to get it for him first but was thwarted by Winston and Tracer. He has the brains, he just needs the imposing physicality which the doomfist and a suit of mechanized armor can give him.

Perhaps he really hates Winston and knows he can't beat him physically and so with this suit he can. Why does he have to beat him physically? Why not just snipe him from down the street? because he is Simian, by nature they exert dominance by beating their contenders physically.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-06-27 at 12:07 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Okay so I have been thinking about Hammond=Doomfist and I'll use this image to support my theory;

Basically someone (not me) took the image found in Numbani of the three doomfists including the shadowed out 'The successor' and drew an image of what they felt would fill the outline of the form that is shadowed out. They drew a black man with goggles that slope over the eye on the odd curve shown in the outline.

But what if that odd slope shape isn't goggles but rather a simian sloping brow? Basically Hammond would be riding in a mechanical muscle suit wielding the doomfist. If he stole the doomfist he is obviously intelligent enough to get from The Horizon to Numbani, and he is a super genius arch-villain as he obviously sent in Reaper and Widow to get it for him first but was thwarted by Winston and Tracer. He has the brains, he just needs the imposing physicality which the doomfist and a suit of mechanized armor can give him.

Perhaps he really hates Winston and knows he can't beat him physically and so with this suit he can. Why does he have to beat him physically? Why not just snipe him from down the street? because he is Simian, by nature they exert dominance by beating their contenders physically.
    I mean...maybe? Not really seeing it. Blizzard is usually pretty decent with proportions to body type, and unless they are going to really skew a chimp's upper body, they are a lot slimmer. Humans will have that wide torso/shoulder to abdomen ratio from working out and emphasizing those muscles, but chimps are usually closer to a flat straight lined appearance.
    Even Winston doesn't have that exaggerated ratio when he stands full height for the emote, even though his torso expands out like a "V."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I mean...maybe? Not really seeing it. Blizzard is usually pretty decent with proportions to body type, and unless they are going to really skew a chimp's upper body, they are a lot slimmer. Humans will have that wide torso/shoulder to abdomen ratio from working out and emphasizing those muscles, but chimps are usually closer to a flat straight lined appearance.
    Even Winston doesn't have that exaggerated ratio when he stands full height for the emote, even though his torso expands out like a "V."
    We may be putting waaay too much stock in that image. It may be a placeholder. If they knew what "the Successor" looked like, why wouldn't the poster actually SHOW him? It could easily be a generic man-shaped background.

I'm dreaming, but I'm kind of hoping Doomfist is Hammond, and Hammond is literally just a super-smart chimp, at normal chimp size. Taking inspiration loosely from how Toddler Hellboy looks;

Enormously outsized fist that's nearly as big as the guy wielding it.

Since we have NO idea what his mechanics are gonna be like, it might be hilarious if he's a mobile melee DPS, and the fist can be shot out with a chain/magnet/whatever attraction. For most people, that'd be a pull like Roadhog's, but Hammond is tiny, so instead, Hammond goes flying to whoever he Fisted, whereupon he can pummel them. Maybe even attach him to them briefly, so using escape moves is pointless, and making him an effective Pharah counter.

Because the image of a Chimpanzee flying across the map and going apeshit (sorry) on some poor bastard's face is amusing to me, if nothing else.

It's also one of the few iterations of the grapple mechanic we HAVEN'T seen. There's Roadhog, there's Widowmaker's grapple to architecture, there's Mercy's "grapple" to friendlies, giving an offensive hero a grapple to enemies is a gap that could be filled.

Plus, you wouldn't even need much of a CD for it; you need that on Roadhog because otherwise, he'd be abusive because he's dragging enemies out of position, but pulling yourself to the enemy can turn out so badly on its own I think that having to be cautious about using it is balancing enough. It'd probably make an effective counter to Pharah, as well as mobile heroes like Genji and Tracer, all of whom could stand to be taken down a peg.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-06-27 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    We may be putting waaay too much stock in that image. It may be a placeholder. If they knew what "the Successor" looked like, why wouldn't the poster actually SHOW him? It could easily be a generic man-shaped background.

I'm dreaming, but I'm kind of hoping Doomfist is Hammond, and Hammond is literally just a super-smart chimp, at normal chimp size. Taking inspiration loosely from how Toddler Hellboy looks;

Enormously outsized fist that's nearly as big as the guy wielding it.

Since we have NO idea what his mechanics are gonna be like, it might be hilarious if he's a mobile melee DPS, and the fist can be shot out with a chain/magnet/whatever attraction. For most people, that'd be a pull like Roadhog's, but Hammond is tiny, so instead, Hammond goes flying to whoever he Fisted, whereupon he can pummel them. Maybe even attach him to them briefly, so using escape moves is pointless, and making him an effective Pharah counter.

Because the image of a Chimpanzee flying across the map and going apeshit (sorry) on some poor bastard's face is amusing to me, if nothing else.

It's also one of the few iterations of the grapple mechanic we HAVEN'T seen. There's Roadhog, there's Widowmaker's grapple to architecture, there's Mercy's "grapple" to friendlies, giving an offensive hero a grapple to enemies is a gap that could be filled.

Plus, you wouldn't even need much of a CD for it; you need that on Roadhog because otherwise, he'd be abusive because he's dragging enemies out of position, but pulling yourself to the enemy can turn out so badly on its own I think that having to be cautious about using it is balancing enough. It'd probably make an effective counter to Pharah, as well as mobile heroes like Genji and Tracer, all of whom could stand to be taken down a peg.
    Unfortunately, I don't think Hellboy will be an exact iteration, but it might be close. I definitely see something more damage role wise if they make a chimp the new Doomfist. Probably giving him the ability to ceiling run/hang crawl and possibly a wall jump like genji at a diagonal slant.
    For a melee style, I definitely see them making it very mobile, or unpredictable to a degree, or having to give them some kind of armor or shielding to compensate. Needless to say, the skill cap will probably be extremely high and I will be taking a long break at Doomfist's release.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    His chest is where the chimp sits, it is basically a large humanoid mecha.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't think you are going to see a doomfist who isn't large and imposing.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

How is it going...
    well I main rein and give it my best always. but constantly get matched with fucking pricks.

having widow on attack priceless. new meta?
    instapicking all 4 hanzo,genji,mcree,symetra on attack then being the only reasonable person playing rein.

yeah good, between having brain cancer and aids, guess I am as good as it can get. fucking give me a break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    having widow on attack priceless. new meta?
    I'd prefer if I didn't have widow in any of my matches but supposedly she is actually better on attack than on defense on many maps.

As for the rest, I don't really know what to say. Shitty comp is something we all have to deal with, especially if you primarily play QM. Best I can suggest (if going into comp isn't appealing) is find a friend who likes support and queue with them. At least then you'll always have a tank and a heals.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    If you're running 3 DPS is it really better to go single tank? That seems awful squishy; I feel like giving up a second healer would be better than a second tank?
    Yes. Winston works well as solo tank with 3 divey DPS. Basically all 4 of them just jump on top of enemy team and start tearing shit up. If they focus fire same targets, those targets literally just blow up. Usually supports of choice for this are Lucio for speed boost to dive even faster, and Zeny for Discord or Ana for her sick toolbox. Ana can also handle herself for a while when the others are diving the enemy.

But that focus fire is the most common problem for this. If those 4 people jump on top of the enemy and all just start doing their own shit, it usually doesn't end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'd prefer if I didn't have widow in any of my matches but supposedly she is actually better on attack than on defense on many maps.

As for the rest, I don't really know what to say. Shitty comp is something we all have to deal with, especially if you primarily play QM. Best I can suggest (if going into comp isn't appealing) is find a friend who likes support and queue with them. At least then you'll always have a tank and a heals.
    I think it's just the layout of the maps with payloads. Kings row for instance, just going from the spawn, there's a lot of places she can go to that gives her LoS on the enemy team while being near cover at all times. The reverse is on defense, unless she's around the corner and not helping hold the choke she's in line of everyone. Once the payload starts moving, this continues to hold true with the exception of tight corners and 1 straightaway
    Numbani she doesn't seem to be that good for just because there are multiple spots to hide behind and sharp corners to hold the payload.
    On cap A and B maps, a lot of that comes down to most people focusing on stopping the push while she's way off taking shots at your team. To get to her on most of those means someone has to expose themselves entirely to the other team, potentially giving them a free pick and turning it into a 5v6 very fast.

from tank main to support main (kinda sad).

I feel like my games have more chances to win with support than tank if we are composed of 3-4 dps.

Deleted
    Two more games, two more victories, up to 4063 now! <(^_^)>

Really enjoy having Zenyatta as a co-support, his ultimate is just so good to shut down genji ultimates and other dive attempts. Much prefer it to Lucio's as by the time Lucio gets the effect out, 1-2 have usually already died.