Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This is beyond arrogant and is likely half the reason you're not climbing.
    I would even say it's the main reason. Not being tolerant and not having a learning mentality are the biggest barriers against improvement.

I think it's on forums like these that we can fight this mindset and foster positivity in this game. That's what's lacking at the moment in the game - players who spread positivity and knowledge and don't just assume everyone else is a monkey who can't learn. Don't you agree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by User Unknown View Post
    Not at all. I used to be low gold back when I started and now I'm high platinum. If you can't progress then it's you, not others. I've been playing solo queue all this time, why can so many others get higher but you can't? Because they're playing better than you. If you can't get higher that's because you're not supposed to be higher.
    That is a thousand times untrue, and again, woefully ignorant. I should not have to explain why this is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    one of the reasons i'm very stubborn about switching and wont tank or heal is because i am a much better player than most players at my ELO and I just don't trust players to perform the role of a damage dealer more adequately than me.
    Welcome to the mindset of every terrible Genji main ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really like for Blizzard to introduce a random skin selection for when you play, the same way you have a random highlight reel option, I aint fussy :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

just noticed they reduced the points you get after the season to buy golden weapons
    as a forever silver/gold player I can buy my next golden weapon skin in a year
    great.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    just noticed they reduced the points you get after the season to buy golden weapons
    great.
    I bought 3 golden weapons just from this season alone. All you have to do is play the game. Doesn't really matter what rank you are as end of season rewards are just icing on an already full cake.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    great.
    They shifted it to shorter seasons at the same time they reduced the awards. You get the same rough amount for a year of competitive play, you just get it in more smaller installments.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFS_74g4tGs

Everything said in this video is so damn true.

Getting tired of the little shits that throw games because you picked the hero they wanted.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    great.
    They also increased per-match awards to 15 a win and 5 a draw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFS_74g4tGs

Everything said in this video is so damn true.
    Yeah, I’m not normally a fan of these kinds of streamers, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

They really need to start acting on individual reports. It's getting beyond ridiculous how many throwers there are in the game by now. One ban and if they repeat it again, permanently gone, needs to be the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I bought 3 golden weapons just from this season alone. All you have to do is play the game. Doesn't really matter what rank you are as end of season rewards are just icing on an already full cake.
    well before it was 400 for gold if I'm not mistaken and now 250 (took me s2 to s4 or s5 for my first golden weapon)
    atm I don't have the time to play often, sometimes I don't even get to do my 9 wins in arcade :/

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They shifted it to shorter seasons at the same time they reduced the awards. You get the same rough amount for a year of competitive play, you just get it in more smaller installments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They also increased per-match awards to 15 a win and 5 a draw.
    okay, this I didn't notice/know
    then I guess it won't take me a year for my next golden weapon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This is beyond arrogant and is likely half the reason you're not climbing.
    Sure,people think I'm conceited, but what can I say? I generally find myself as the one pushing these teams forward. Personally I've never really cared too much what rank I am, but I do play to win and I do like to win as much as possible. Worrying about climbing is pointless; Get too high, you'll be pulling your hair out just trying to enjoy yourself. Get too low, players become comically easy to shoot.

People are idiots at every level of play. They don't just magically become smarter, more knowledgeable and make better choices just because their SR is higher. But obviously the game is much more enjoyable when you can actually get someone to boost and shield you as bastion to demolish a cheese comp for an easy point A cap and maybe even a very quick closeout on point B depending on how unprepared the enemy team is for the impending zerg blitz. But most of the time people just don't give a fuck and are perfectly content to play DVA/Roadhog and Lucio in the choke feeding all game and bash you for even trying to play Bastion.

So you end up having to do really retarded things like play Tracer and spend most of your match time doing very typical & obnoxious tracer things like distracting the enemy team by attempting to ninja cap, flyby pray and spray for ult charge, maybe getting a lucky pick on a player caught off guard... But fuck it, it is what it is. No one else has a plan, right? So the plan is to be patient and fuck up bastion and mercy's day.

You wait and you wait and you wait practically all match long while your idiot team continues their sacrificial offering sheeple death march to the motherfucking Bastion blood god without pause, trading blows, nagging pharah mercy & bastion, distracting pharah's rocket fire from the choke by sitting on the point, and then it happens for you - finally.

During your team's final deathmarch, Bastion is missing a little bit of HP and you have this immaculate view of that magical blue box on his back that makes such a wonderful & fulfilling sound in rapid repetition as you unload your clips into it and fucking murder him, causing Mercy to abandon Pharah to fly in for that sweet rez, so you unload a clip into her face as she's coming in and drop her just as she gets within proximity for that rez which unfortunately goes off.

But it's OK man, we came prepared for this Hello Kitty Island bullshit. So start screamin' ALLAHU AKBAR like a suicide bomber in voice for maximum effect and toss that bomb at Bastion insta killing him mid-ult before he can bomb you or your team into the ninth circle of hell.

Yippie ki-yay, motherfucker.

Don't forget to teabag the Mercy.

However, despite the amazing play here that actually got someone on your team besides you to touch point A, it's really unfortunate because the team you're playing on is, regrettably, the team that you do in fact happen to be playing for, and that they would probably follow each other off a cliff to their deaths like a bunch of stupid cows, everything just goes to shit anyway. All because you honestly thought for 10 seconds that the rest of your team could handle a Symmetra & Reinhardt themselves while you went to slow down Mercy & Bastion who would return soon, thinking it would be an immense help to your team since they obviously seem to struggle a lot with awareness & target prioritization only to see they'd been instantly mowed down by Reinhardt just as you killed Mercy and began to open fire on Bastion.

True story. Worst part about it is that a higher ranked team wouldn't have let me do what I did.

ugh I hate "mains"

I'm a symmetra main but it doesn't mean I play her every fucking game. Ran into a torb main and I don't give a shit if it's your main if it's not working switch off. Nope continues to be torb and continues to just run in and die against dive comp.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Loving mystery heroes. Only gripe about it is the team play is more absent than QP. A lot of matches you just witness people running in 1v6. Sometimes it's to die, which is understandable, you want a hero you're decent with. Other times they just think they'll turn the tide. One thing that is super annoying is you try and flank the enemy team, suddenly you have 1-2 teammates following you and giving it away. No, youve spent the whole game exposing yourself at the choke, why are you now suddenly following me? At the very least go the other flank and take them unaware. Also reminds me so much of the aggravation of low SR. Teams never seem to know there's more than 1 way around most choke points (unless they follow you and give away your position of course), people unable to hit much, etc.
    Still, probably my favorite game mode outside of comp. Only place I can go and have a buttload of fun steam rolling the other team with unfair comps while not getting upset when I lose due to the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    They really need to start acting on individual reports. It's getting beyond ridiculous how many throwers there are in the game by now. One ban and if they repeat it again, permanently gone, needs to be the practice.
    Getting reported twice = permanent ban? I would've been banned already because of people reporting me for "hacking" on widow...
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, not surprisingly, it didn't happen. There's no way to hit Plat now. This
    game just fucks me over way too much.

Two seasons of being unable to advance because of dogshit teammates.

No wonder people become toxic. When you're mostly dealt a shitty hand,
    its hard to not immediately assume the hand you're dealt with is a shitty
    one when it occurs so frequently.

If you're not climbing it's not because of team mates, it's because of yourself :P

Deleted
    looks like i will end this season at 2910, can't seem to get back to diamond, so many throwers and leavers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Yeah, not surprisingly, it didn't happen. There's no way to hit Plat now. This
    game just fucks me over way too much.

Two seasons of being unable to advance because of dogshit teammates.

No wonder people become toxic. When you're mostly dealt a shitty hand,
    its hard to not immediately assume the hand you're dealt with is a shitty
    one when it occurs so frequently.
    you can carry easy to platinum if you are a platinum player

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    you can carry easy to platinum if you are a platinum player
    Not at all. If you're above Diamond, sure. But Diamonds, or even Plats can't consistently carry games
    where you have poorly skilled teammates, insta-lockers who can't kill shit, high level players on smurfs,
    trolls, etc.