Hoping to break back into gold before season is over. Sitting at 1904 currently. Going to take some time tomorrow to grind out.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

76 certainly deals with Genji better than McCree does imo, the only negative thing is his fairly broad hitbox so he can hit 2 fan shurikens pretty easily, but a little tracking + some splash from helix can make killing him pretty consistent.

I can't believe this season is almost over. I did my 10 placements at the beginning of the season... and never went back. I placed approximately 2 wins away from 3000, so might try break over before the round ends.

My biggest issue right now is the inconsistent latency on the OCE realms right now. I've had a few games where we were all playing on US servers. Even the ones on OCE servers I'm finding the ping fluctuates between 10 and 120, resulting in some rubber-banding for jumping and abilities like Tracer teleports. Hopefully it settles down, as this wasn't happening prior to the patch.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    guys i'll play it this weekend and then buy it if i like it, anything you recommend?
    Try all the characters. If you have a control point with both teams on offense the team who fights on the point tends to win the match. Very few teams can win by long range poke on those maps.

If you play Zarya her mechanic is that she applies shields to a team mate and/or herself and when the shield bubble takes damage it increases the damage her lazer beam does until you are melting faces. Try and apply shields when they will likely take damage like a hooked team mate.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    guys i'll play it this weekend and then buy it if i like it, anything you recommend?
    Tanking. Not a lot of people do it, so you'll always be needed/wanted, but it is I think actually more fun than a lot of people give it credit with most of the tanks; Reinhardt can get a little dull but the rest are pretty cool. This may surprise you from someone a Widowmaker signature, but I actually spend most of my time tanking, mostly on D.Va and I'm getting more into Orisa too; certainly in competitive.

But, like others say, try everything and see what fits your style. Contrary to forum discussion, balance isn't actually that terrible (some heroes could use some tweaks of course, but most issues - like Pharah - are player rather than hero issues), it's more about composition than individual heroes being weak or strong generally. You don't need to be a deity with your aim for some heroes, of course it helps, but you'll find your place.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-05-26 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Or learn to shoot the pharah?
    Not nearly as simple as that and you know it.

Play mystery heroes.
    Thats all i can say, you get a good glimpse of all the heroes.

Its not fair every time but you learn to think outside the box wich can be very helpful i think.

Deleted
    Go for it. I'd recommend trying out different kind of heroes. You'll pretty much only get to play Arcades and Quick Play during free weekend I reckon. That means any kind of team play is thrown out of the window. Just focus on trying out different things and checking out as much as you can instead of trying to think what you team "needs". You got 2 (3?) days so try to play every hero at least once, and check out all the game modes you can.

FYI: Competitive mode is the ONLY game mode with actual team play and proper communication. I think that one is locked for free weekend players though, already due to lvl25 requirement. So no, the game is not only Team Deathmatch even though you might get that feeling from Quick Play.

Thanx for all the replies guys ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Not nearly as simple as that and you know it.
    No, it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'm loving that Mayhem is back but it really doesn't work on payloads. With constant monkey shields, Lucia amped up healing, Mei ice blocks, soldier biotic fields, Anna grenades, Reaper ghosting, Zarya shields everywhere and constant Mercy Rez's it is hard to wipe a team off the payload so typically the cart goes no where and it comes down to getting the attacking team to lose in overtime which lasts so long that a second too far from the cart gives the defenders the win, which I usually force with a gravity bomb to suck them away from the cart.

Mayhem really needs to be control point only.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't need fixing, Widow is supposed to have limitations to balance her long range dominance. The healers need to be healing the players who are in the thick of battle. A good widow keeps a gas trap where someone would take to sneak up on her to warn her of attacks and know where health packs are and have a grappling escape route to it to heal themselves. If widow could heal herself she would be unbalanced and OP.

Your mute list is saved on your account in the cloud, not your hard disk.
    soldier has self heal and aimbot as an ult is than not op then?
    Last edited by Fluffyfluff; 2017-05-26 at 11:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    Not really, no.

Deleted
    Really not OP at all, on paper it sounds amazing but in reality there's more going on in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get behind a Rein, Winston, or Orisa shield, Mei's Ice Wall, D.V.A. can soak it,
    Zen's ult negates it completely, or just finding cover.

The only times its a threat is if he gets the jump on a group with it, or during a big fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No, it really is.
    Oh so we're ignoring the other 5 players on her team, the pocket Mercy,
    Pharah's splash damage, and the fact that Pharah makes you look away
    from the other team in order to take her down?

Like I said, not nearly as simple as that.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-05-26 at 01:50 PM.

I really think PharMercy should be considered an entirely different thing than a Pharah by herself.

The former isn't as easy to handle but the latter does just die to the answers you'll regulary about when complaining about Pharah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Get behind a Rein, Winston, or Orisa shield, Mei's Ice Wall, D.V.A. can soak it,
    Zen's ult negates it completely, or just finding cover.

The only times its a threat is if he gets the jump on a group with it, or during a big fight.
    The best way to look at Soldier's ult is that it's a cleanup tool, not a disruption tool. If you've ALREADY disrupted their team, it can clean them up, but if you haven't, it's useless. And Soldier 76 can't create that disruption himself.

Sombra's ult is the opposite. It has no capacity to kill anyone directly, but dropping the enemy team's barriers and locking them down makes clean-up by the rest of the team much easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I really think PharMercy should be considered an entirely different thing than a Pharah by herself.

The former isn't as easy to handle but the latter does just die to the answers you'll regulary about when complaining about Pharah.
    The issue with Phamercy is a couple relatively minor things;

1> Mercy has self-healing when flying, if she doesn't take damage for a second, she heals 20hp/second on herself, in addition to whatever she's doing to Pharah. So if you target her and DON'T one-shot her, she can drop away and recover while Pharah shoots at you.

2> Every hitscan hero BUT Widowmaker has damage falloff, and Phamercy will engage at range, so their damage on her is minimal, even with perfect aim. So Mercy can heal through a single Soldier 76/McCree popping shots at Pharah, even if they hit every one.

3> Mercy doesn't even need to be in LoS. She CAN be, but if there's architecture she can hide behind, she will.

All this means that even with two offense trying to counter Phamercy with Soldier 76 and McCree (for instance), it's gonna be an even fight. So both your offense are working to counter ONE of the enemy's offense, meaning the enemy team, right there, has advantage. Before you say "but it's 2v2", that's not really fair; Soldier and McCree are getting heals, and a good Mercy in a Phamercy is gonna drop to the team IF they need her, particularly for a rez. She can get back to Pharah almost instantly anyway, with only a 2s cooldown.

There's two things the game needs, in terms of heroes, IMO; one is more healers, the second, largely to make Phamercy less of a "thing", is heroes with long-range hitscan damage. They'll need weaknesses, of course, and I'm not saying they should be snipers, just have no/low damage falloff. Maybe it's a gun with a charge-up like Mei's, but which hits instantly on charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "free weekend" event is going to make me NOT play for the weekend. Too many new players are getting placed in my groups and it's just not fun.

I wish Blizzard would group all the free people together.

I love these free weekends! I group up with 4-5 friends and just admire the new players. We laugh and go, that was us last October! Then we crush them. Usually. Most of the time.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

The ult is only OP to people who don't know how to deal with it. You either kill or CC him before he does too much damage to you or you hide when you hear his ult. You should hide anytime you hear an ult. I know people like to say, "What if I am no where near a hiding spot?" Well, you know his ult is coming so you should never put yourself in a position where you can't get out of sight. Just like if you know Zarya or Rheinhardt are due their ult you shouldn't be clustered up in a close firmation where you can be killed all at once.

Soldiers heal is nice for 1 on 1 but can't stand up to several enemies aiming at him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    The "free weekend" event is going to make me NOT play for the weekend. Too many new players are getting placed in my groups and it's just not fun.

I wish Blizzard would group all the free people together.
    Unless they are playing with a friend with higher mmr you shouldn't be running into them much. I don't mind, lets me run rampant on enemies and if they are on my team that's what I get for hitting random group button, random people with random skills. It's a roll of the dice every time I use the random group button.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The best way to look at Soldier's ult is that it's a cleanup tool, not a disruption tool. If you've ALREADY disrupted their team, it can clean them up, but if you haven't, it's useless. And Soldier 76 can't create that disruption himself.

Sombra's ult is the opposite. It has no capacity to kill anyone directly, but dropping the enemy team's barriers and locking them down makes clean-up by the rest of the team much easier.

- - - Updated - - -

The issue with Phamercy is a couple relatively minor things;

1> Mercy has self-healing when flying, if she doesn't take damage for a second, she heals 20hp/second on herself, in addition to whatever she's doing to Pharah. So if you target her and DON'T one-shot her, she can drop away and recover while Pharah shoots at you.

2> Every hitscan hero BUT Widowmaker has damage falloff, and Phamercy will engage at range, so their damage on her is minimal, even with perfect aim. So Mercy can heal through a single Soldier 76/McCree popping shots at Pharah, even if they hit every one.

3> Mercy doesn't even need to be in LoS. She CAN be, but if there's architecture she can hide behind, she will.

All this means that even with two offense trying to counter Phamercy with Soldier 76 and McCree (for instance), it's gonna be an even fight. So both your offense are working to counter ONE of the enemy's offense, meaning the enemy team, right there, has advantage. Before you say "but it's 2v2", that's not really fair; Soldier and McCree are getting heals, and a good Mercy in a Phamercy is gonna drop to the team IF they need her, particularly for a rez. She can get back to Pharah almost instantly anyway, with only a 2s cooldown.

There's two things the game needs, in terms of heroes, IMO; one is more healers, the second, largely to make Phamercy less of a "thing", is heroes with long-range hitscan damage. They'll need weaknesses, of course, and I'm not saying they should be snipers, just have no/low damage falloff. Maybe it's a gun with a charge-up like Mei's, but which hits instantly on charge.
    I would like to see them add another jet pack character to the game to create air battles with a flame thrower designed to counter Pharah directly but not be another unstoppable air threat to those on the ground. Against ground targets they jump up, land, flame on and jump away if they can survive long enough.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-05-26 at 06:58 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

horrible quit the game since nothing but garbage team mates constantly