Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    horrible quit the game since nothing but garbage team mates constantly
    "Garbage team mates" is getting kinda old excuse already.

15+ Year Old Account
    horrible quit the game since nothing but garbage team mates constantly
    Well, the game does try to match you with people of comparable skill.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Well, the game does try to match you with people of comparable skill.
    not true. you get fucked forever if you got trolled early on and i got trolled early on got 2 accounts with over 3000 rating difference between them proving elo hell is very real

Since really if the rating system worked they should both be fairly close to each other shouldnt they? but when the difference is over 3000 dont you think something is broken with the system? really no point in playing the broken shit when your skins are on the wrong account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    "Garbage team mates" is getting kinda old excuse already.

It is the truth since how do you explain the over 3000 rating difference on my 2 different accounts it is the SAME person playing after all doing the same things only thing different is one got royally fucked by shit team mates early on and you can NEVER recover from that
    Last edited by araine; 2017-05-26 at 07:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    not true. you get fucked forever if you got trolled early on and i got trolled early on got 2 accounts with over 3000 rating difference between them proving elo hell is very real

Since really if the rating system worked they should both be fairly close to each other shouldnt they? but when the difference is over 3000 dont you think something is broken with the system? really no point in playing the broken shit when your skins are on the wrong account
    3000 rating difference? I'm sure you are grossly exaggerating to try and make a point.

I would wager if you played them both long enough they would end up with a roughly similar rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is the truth since how do you explain the over 3000 rating difference on my 2 different accounts it is the SAME person playing after all doing the same things only thing different is one got royally fucked by shit team mates early on and you can NEVER recover from that
    I mean, have you played a ton of games on both? One account is likely too high just as the other is too low. I'm sure if you played them both a lot more, they'd end up very similar. However, it's likely that the lower one has been played drastically less, so of course you haven't recovered from it because you haven't put in the time. You certainly can recover from big drops or earn your way to the appropriate rank. I lost over 1k SR at one point this season due to the streak snowballing (and some bad decisions on my part, I'm sure). It took me a few weeks to climb up afterwards, but eventually I got it back and am less than 100 SR from my career high. If you truly belong in a higher skill bracket, you'll get there eventually but it needs a lot of games. Change is slow out of necessity or you'd have people jumping around like crazy after especially good or bad games.

Yeah, when you're super low SR, you get shitty teammates, but the other team is shitty too. You just need to be slightly less shitty. I'm not going to pretend it doesn't suck when you're there, but the system does work and it will fix itself given enough time. There are plenty of games I'd complain about the matchmaking, but I think they've done a pretty good job with Overwatch's being solid. Certainly better than I expected after the travesty that was Heroes' matchmaking.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Unless they are playing with a friend with higher mmr you shouldn't be running into them much. I don't mind, lets me run rampant on enemies and if they are on my team that's what I get for hitting random group button, random people with random skills. It's a roll of the dice every time I use the random group button.
    I still think Bizzard needs to do something about a high MMR friend bringing a newbie into a high MMR group. One terrible/new player can ruin the game for all involved.

I do agree that solo-q QP is a mixed bag.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I still think Bizzard needs to do something about a high MMR friend bringing a newbie into a high MMR group. One terrible/new player can ruin the game for all involved.

I do agree that solo-q QP is a mixed bag.
    Well they have to be within 1000 SR (500 above Diamond) and that really isn't that big of a spread to be honest. It's more than I would like to see, personally, but it's not crazy.

I would not have been able to play with friends several times this season had it been much less than 1000 because I had a good string of games and placed decently high and mostly maintained it.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-05-26 at 08:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    They already have limits in comp. I think in lower brackets you just need to be within 1k SR which is probably fine because bronze/silver/gold is pretty average level play and I can't see it having that big of an impact. In the higher tiers, your group mates need to be within 500 SR I think, which probably has a bigger impact the higher you go. And then at very the top they need to be the same bracket I believe. And the teams still match on the total average so if you have one 1k player and one 2k player, the other team will just have two 1.5k players (to simplify the math), so I think it mostly does even out even with discrepancies.

People already buy secondary accounts to get around that kind of stuff, so I am not sure making them stricter would accomplish much.

And in quick play, I think playing with friends should trump any MMR queuing restrictions.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I mean, have you played a ton of games on both? One account is likely too high just as the other is too low. I'm sure if you played them both a lot more, they'd end up very similar. However, it's likely that the lower one has been played drastically less, so of course you haven't recovered from it because you haven't put in the time. You certainly can recover from big drops or earn your way to the appropriate rank. I lost over 1k SR at one point this season due to the streak snowballing (and some bad decisions on my part, I'm sure). It took me a few weeks to climb up afterwards, but eventually I got it back and am less than 100 SR from my career high. If you truly belong in a higher skill bracket, you'll get there eventually but it needs a lot of games. Change is slow out of necessity or you'd have people jumping around like crazy after especially good or bad games.

Yeah, when you're super low SR, you get shitty teammates, but the other team is shitty too. You just need to be slightly less shitty. I'm not going to pretend it doesn't suck when you're there, but the system does work and it will fix itself given enough time. There are plenty of games I'd complain about the matchmaking, but I think they've done a pretty good job with Overwatch's being solid. Certainly better than I expected after the travesty that was Heroes' matchmaking.
    So care to explain how you overcome 5 torb meta or 5 symmetra meta that i got fucked with on my original account that has over 200hrs played by now my new account only has about 150 hrs but should that 55-60 hrs played mean it should have over 3000 better rating the amount of time played is pretty high on both only difference one accoutn didnt get trolled by 5 torb and 5 symmetras in placement matches longtime ago

10+ Year Old Account
    So care to explain how you overcome 5 torb meta or 5 symmetra meta that i got fucked with on my original account that has over 200hrs played by now my new account only has about 150 hrs but should that 55-60 hrs played mean it should have over 3000 better rating the amount of time played is pretty high on both only difference one accoutn didnt get trolled by 5 torb and 5 symmetras in placement matches longtime ago
    I would point out that if your placement is that bad, the other team is going to be just as shitty as your own.

However, what you're describing is not even possible outside of a specific arcade mode now so it's very clear that you are not playing Competitive and haven't for quite some time, so it's hard for me to trust in the accuracy of anything you've said thus far.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Made me feel like a leet gaymer

https://puu.sh/w0iRh/4b47702803.webm

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's two things the game needs, in terms of heroes, IMO; one is more healers, the second, largely to make Phamercy less of a "thing", is heroes with long-range hitscan damage. They'll need weaknesses, of course, and I'm not saying they should be snipers, just have no/low damage falloff. Maybe it's a gun with a charge-up like Mei's, but which hits instantly on charge.
    I don't disagree that such things would help, but it seems like a pretty involved solution for a problem with a simple answer - reduce mercy's effectiveness while flying by 50%. Pharmercy and I guess diva-sitting would be the only aspects of the game that would be affected by this, and it would solve the issue completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I would point out that if your placement is that bad, the other team is going to be just as shitty as your own.

However, what you're describing is not even possible outside of a specific arcade mode now so it's very clear that you are not playing Competitive and haven't for quite some time, so it's hard for me to trust in the accuracy of anything you've said thus far.

it was possible last year and the account got fucked over due to it which is why i quit since no enjoyment playing with torbtards etc that wrecked your placement matches and those carry over from season to season since no resets allowed, which is why i bought another copy and got 3900 rating and maintaining that rather easy as well and the fucked account can barely get to 1000 rating over the last 4 seasons both accounts have abt the same amount of time played

So yeah the MMR is totally fcked in this game no doubt about that

10+ Year Old Account
    it was possible last year and the account got fucked over due to it which is why i quit since no enjoyment playing with torbtards etc that wrecked your placement matches and those carry over from season to season since no resets allowed, which is why i bought another copy and got 3900 rating and maintaining that rather easy as well and the fucked account can barely get to 1000 rating over the last 4 seasons both accounts have abt the same amount of time played

Stacking heroes has not been possible since season 1, almost a year ago. Season 1 SR was also out of one hundred not 5k, so it is literally impossible for them to have been 3k SR apart even back then. If you haven't played this season (and you haven't if your issue is overcoming stacked heroes), you have no SR so your accounts cannot be 3k apart; they are exactly equal at zero.

MMR is invisible so surely you're not comparing the numbers there.

If you want to criticise the game then go for it, but do it based on actual reality and not what you imagine the game is like.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Well they have to be within 1000 SR (500 above Diamond) and that really isn't that big of a spread to be honest. It's more than I would like to see, personally, but it's not crazy.

I would not have been able to play with friends several times this season had it been much less than 1000 because I had a good string of games and placed decently high and mostly maintained it.
    1000 is a lot to be honest, given a flux of +/- 250 SR seems pretty normal the actual gap can be nearer 1500 which is huge, covers like 80% of the playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I don't disagree that such things would help, but it seems like a pretty involved solution for a problem with a simple answer - reduce mercy's effectiveness while flying by 50%. Pharmercy and I guess diva-sitting would be the only aspects of the game that would be affected by this, and it would solve the issue completely.
    It's simply not necessary. If Mercy is pocketing Pharah, the rest of her team are suffering for it. The problem is that too many people decide "It's not my job, I brought X hero that can't touch them", and that's the end of it. There are a number of heroes in this game, where ranged DPS are the ideal for dealing with them, it's why ranged DPS exist. But people want to bring the short ranged ones because they tend to hit harder in close-mid range; but in those instances it is simply a case of bringing a knife to a gunfight and you have to change things up.

I had a couple of matches today, I switched from tanking, went Widow, and I absolutely dominated the Pharmercy; they wouldn't switch and we just rolled them completely.

You can't balance the game around what people will and won't pick, it doesn't work that way. Pharmercy is very counterable, so nerfing it is just unnecessary. Players just need to deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I climbed from 1750 to close to 2200, tanked it all in a day chasing my last 3 wins for a golden gun; but I almost have it all back now. Climbing is definitely possible. Albeit it can be very frustrating; you just need to find a hero/role that you can make a real impact with. I've found for me D.Va is generally best, but Orisa is decent too - a lot better since the latest buff as well; tanking kind of puts you in charge, so you can't end up in a position where you kill 2-3 players then your team fails to push; which is something I really find frustrating as DPS.

I wouldn't read too much into people saying learn 2 heroes from each role; it's too much and if you find yourself always being the flex player that's trying to make up the composition, you're doing yourself a disservice. You really need to focus on what works for you, and you can do that with 3-4 heroes you're comfortable with; and always pick early then switch if you think it'll help on one of your pool. You'll find that even if you lose on a hero you're good at and do well with, you'll lose a lot less SR this way; rather than picking something to do a job, and failing badly - doing that was the mistake I made in S2 that dropped me from I think ~2.3 or 2.4k to 1750 in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's simply not necessary. If Mercy is pocketing Pharah, the rest of her team are suffering for it. The problem is that too many people decide "It's not my job, I brought X hero that can't touch them", and that's the end of it. There are a number of heroes in this game, where ranged DPS are the ideal for dealing with them, it's why ranged DPS exist. But people want to bring the short ranged ones because they tend to hit harder in close-mid range; but in those instances it is simply a case of bringing a knife to a gunfight and you have to change things up.

I had a couple of matches today, I switched from tanking, went Widow, and I absolutely dominated the Pharmercy; they wouldn't switch and we just rolled them completely.

You can't balance the game around what people will and won't pick, it doesn't work that way. Pharmercy is very counterable, so nerfing it is just unnecessary. Players just need to deal with it.
    Endus explained pretty well why pharmercy is more of an issue than the typical counter in the post I replied to. Simply put, there isn't enough of a penalty for one character essentially requiring the total focus of two enemies to counter. Mercy can only focus one teammate at a time regardless of who it is, and switching to phara takes no more effort, in fact less, than other teammates since she's in LoS more often.
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Endus explained pretty well why pharmercy is more of an issue than the typical counter in the post I replied to. Simply put, there isn't enough of a penalty for one character essentially requiring the total focus of two enemies to counter. Mercy can only focus one teammate at a time regardless of who it is, and switching to phara takes no more effort, in fact less, than other teammates since she's in LoS more often.
    If she does, she's far more exposed though.

It's worth noting that I only ever have any issue with Pharmercy in competitive play. The reason is simple. People don't have any psychological blocks in QP about picking none Meta heroes or breaking a 2-2-2 composition in QP, and the moment they do, Pharmercy ceases to be any issue. It's purely the mindset about composition and hero picks in Comp that creates the perceived imbalance, when it's only remotely imbalanced because of the self imposed limitations of the group - and you can't balance a game around player imposed limits.

Now I do think Mercy has some issues on her own, but her synergy with Pharah isn't one of them. Yes, her healing does kick in before most heroes reload, and she does charge her ult way to fast, and the invulnerability buff was a buff to far. All this has effected the game to a point that who can keep the Mercy dead the most usually wins. Those are separate issues.

What you do is catch a squirtel, then train it up so that you can handle the symmetra, also you will need a Meow2 for it's lightning based attack on Torbjorn turrets. If that fails you can drop a Grumpy Smurf into the mix or a Grumpy Carebear so long as it is grumpy.

What I said has as much bearing on Overwatch as what you said only what I said makes more sense.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If she does, she's far more exposed though.

It's worth noting that I only ever have any issue with Pharmercy in competitive play. The reason is simple. People don't have any psychological blocks in QP about picking none Meta heroes or breaking a 2-2-2 composition in QP, and the moment they do, Pharmercy ceases to be any issue. It's purely the mindset about composition and hero picks in Comp that creates the perceived imbalance, when it's only remotely imbalanced because of the self imposed limitations of the group - and you can't balance a game around player imposed limits.
    This simply isn't true though. A good pharah isn't easily countered by anyone but a soldier who is focusing her 100% of the time, and on some maps not even that. Any pharah player who is getting shut down by a wm, as your previous example, is frankly a bad pharah. An eagle eye view of the field means you know where the enemy team is and position yourself accordingly, using terrain, constant movement, and map awareness to avoid getting sniped. Sure someone will get the occasional pick, as no on is perfectly aware at all times, but never enough to keep you from demolishing the rest of the enemy team.

10+ Year Old Account
    This simply isn't true though. A good pharah isn't easily countered by anyone but a soldier who is focusing her 100% of the time, and on some maps not even that. Any pharah player who is getting shut down by a wm, as your previous example, is frankly a bad pharah. An eagle eye view of the field means you know where the enemy team is and position yourself accordingly, using terrain, constant movement, and map awareness to avoid getting sniped. Sure someone will get the occasional pick, as no on is perfectly aware at all times, but never enough to keep you from demolishing the rest of the enemy team.
    Widow can use cover better than Pharah can, and Pharah can't hear Widow. Widow can very much hear Pharah; from half the map away. It's incredibly rare a Pharah will sneak up on me, and if they do it's because they came hunting on the ground first to avoid making the noise - and in that time, they weren't causing my team any problems, and were at quite a risk of running into others on my team who could give her lots of them.

There's good reason she doesn't dominate the higher end of play; because they can deal with her like this very easily so it's not worth it. People under-estimate at the lower end how easy it is with some practice - particularly when you rightly say, the Pharahs themselves aren't as good.