10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I agree.

Except for Hanzo or Widow. And I'd have to say Sombra too. Those are throws 99% of the time.

Torbjorn is a throw maybe 70% of the time.
    Not really. What is true is that some loudmouthed asshole will spend the entire match bitching about it and cycling through their least played heroes in order to throw the match. So I guess, maybe it is indirectly; but take it up with the assholes who do that.

I just had a couple of games, lost because of that, but even though I'm supposedly throwing, I got the cards at the end. I lost 250SR today, at least half of that was being accused of throwing, the other half? DPS not dealing with Reaper. I'm not tanking any more for that, and I'm going to stick to the DPS I've spent most time on, Sombra and Widow. Fuck rating, it means nothing at this point where it varies by massive amounts and is so absurdly impacted by the behaviour of other players. 4-5 of those games, that's 100 net SR; we could have won comfortably if people just shut the fuck up, played the game, and didn't worry about what everyone else was doing. If you're confident in what you're doing, you shouldn't have to worry too much about others' picks. It's only when it's obviously poorly balanced and full of holes like a lack of ranged for Pharah, Reaper, Symm etc. That there's actually a problem. At this level the margins aren't made by the heroes.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-07-21 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Really you guys need to stop with this ridiculous "you can't play that character in competitive or you are throwing".

People can play what characters they want and there isn't jack you can do about it.

The ranking system is easier to climb if you only play one or two characters so that is what people do. It is detrimental to their rank to play the one you demand they play so your rank can go up.

If players can only play the most efficient characters in competitive there is no chance of the meta changing.

Some people are extremely good with certain characters that are not in the meta and that wild card status with skill can hand you the win. You guys see x character and automatically think you are going to lose because of them when you have no clue what the skill level of that player is with that character.

I was told on Kings Row to get off Mei on attack because she wasn't in the meta. I said, "Nah, watch me I am going to get directly behind the enemy team without them seeing me and I will kill all of their healers before anyone else gets a kill." Then I used a method of getting behind them and I killed Mercy and Zen before anyone else and when I started to take the control point the enemy turned to immiediately come at me leaving their backs to the rest of my team and they got crushed. Why? Because even if Mei isn't in the attack meta my ass is.
    It's less about "don't pick character A because they're bad" and more "swap to a character that will help our team because right now they are hard countering you and you aren't helping." At least, that's where I stand on it. I know other people have the mentality you just described. I have no problem at the beginning of a match with people picking whatever they choose to, even if I disagree with it because I've been in enough games I've seen attack Tor work on payload maps, I've seen Mei do some crazy shit and carry teams, and I've even seen a Zen solo heal. The issue becomes when, for example, you pick Mei, to to do your thing and fail and then don't contribute the rest of the game, whether you can't get close enough to be effective or you keep dying to someone. That's when I ask people to switch. It's the outright refusal of that when it becomes an issue, when someone is so die hard "Nah, I'm gonna make this work," and it never does. Do I throw a fit if they don't swap? No, I'm an adult; but, I do leave the game frustrated because I just played with a selfish SOB that figured they would rather play a solo game instead of a team game.
    I do agree with your assessment of the other people who immediately jump on another player for picking something before the game even starts. It's toxic, leads to bad play, and contributes nothing to the group effort other than showing your team you're a whiney bastard.
    On a side note: climbing back from 1850 area, I noticed that 3 damage comps weren't only the norm, but also encouraged. Ow I'm back to 2400 area and everyone freaks out if you aren't still doing the 2/2/2. We played Anubis and went with the 2/2/2 and never got a tick on our turn to attack (round 2). I noticed their comp had no long range and no way to even threaten a Pharah that much, so I swapped and we took point A in about 45 seconds. Right after we cap, someone starts complaining about having 3 damage, and even though I pointed out we got the point going with that strat, he responded "Barely! We need a 2nd healer!" We go to point B, get held for a while, almost won, but then that player started complaining again and someone decided to go 2nd healer. We never pushed the bar again. Now, I don't know if we lost to toxicity, the team comp, or just got outplayed, but the toxic behavior never helped because it just makes people frustrated and not want to work with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    Sr means nothing to me Im completely Indifferent if I win or lose. I play for points for golden weapons and fun. But each to there own huh

Ps . Who gets to decide what is good or isn't good for the team and should you change character if someone tells you to even if you think they are wrong. Everyone has different opinions and it just ends up in an argument I'm not here for that I bought the game to have fun so I will play whatever Is fun my happiness is more important
    I think we found one of the players everyone is complaining about.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

My advice? Stop playing competitive and expecting to get that magic win streak with good players that will boost your rating. Keep practicing your skills in a stress free QP environment. And when I say skills, I mean your hitscan abilities. So much of this, or any FPS game revolves around lining your crosshair up to the enemy and clicking. Projectiles are similar, just estimating where they are going to be in a few frames and hitscanning that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I always play with voice and text turned off. You can't go two matches in competitive without getting grouped with a toxic genji main or something so I'd rather opt out of communication all together so I can enjoy the game.
    That's actually a really good idea. The only problem, again, is that it would remove all coordination with your team but then again... come to think about it, I can't think of too many situations where that mattered (or could have helped) anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Not really. What is true is that some loudmouthed asshole will spend the entire match bitching about it and cycling through their least played heroes in order to throw the match. So I guess, maybe it is indirectly; but take it up with the assholes who do that.
    I don't deny that that also happens.

But there are definitely picks that gimp your team. Some heroes are gimp picks in pretty much all situations, I mean unless you're part of the 1% that's playing at Master rank or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    That's actually a really good idea. The only problem, again, is that it would remove all coordination with your team but then again... come to think about it, I can't think of too many situations where that mattered (or could have helped) anyways
    Yeah I can't think of a single time something helpful was said that I actually had to react to or got something out of. Better just to let people argue and I'll opt out of chat and focus on what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You are playing her wrong. If you are close and aim just below the neck you will quickly kill opponents. It's an infinite ammo spread shotgun. If you are firing from medium range you are playing her wrong. Aiming for the neckline ensures your top pellets get headshots and the rest all hit body. Aiming at heads ensures that a few hit the head me the rest do nothing. At close range aiming under the neck line you can kill a soldier before he. An remove a third of your health.
    Ah, good advice, thanks!
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It's less about "don't pick character A because they're bad" and more "swap to a character that will help our team because right now they are hard countering you and you aren't helping." At least, that's where I stand on it. I know other people have the mentality you just described. I have no problem at the beginning of a match with people picking whatever they choose to, even if I disagree with it because I've been in enough games I've seen attack Tor work on payload maps, I've seen Mei do some crazy shit and carry teams, and I've even seen a Zen solo heal. The issue becomes when, for example, you pick Mei, to to do your thing and fail and then don't contribute the rest of the game, whether you can't get close enough to be effective or you keep dying to someone. That's when I ask people to switch. It's the outright refusal of that when it becomes an issue, when someone is so die hard "Nah, I'm gonna make this work," and it never does. Do I throw a fit if they don't swap? No, I'm an adult; but, I do leave the game frustrated because I just played with a selfish SOB that figured they would rather play a solo game instead of a team game.
    I do agree with your assessment of the other people who immediately jump on another player for picking something before the game even starts. It's toxic, leads to bad play, and contributes nothing to the group effort other than showing your team you're a whiney bastard.
    On a side note: climbing back from 1850 area, I noticed that 3 damage comps weren't only the norm, but also encouraged. Ow I'm back to 2400 area and everyone freaks out if you aren't still doing the 2/2/2. We played Anubis and went with the 2/2/2 and never got a tick on our turn to attack (round 2). I noticed their comp had no long range and no way to even threaten a Pharah that much, so I swapped and we took point A in about 45 seconds. Right after we cap, someone starts complaining about having 3 damage, and even though I pointed out we got the point going with that strat, he responded "Barely! We need a 2nd healer!" We go to point B, get held for a while, almost won, but then that player started complaining again and someone decided to go 2nd healer. We never pushed the bar again. Now, I don't know if we lost to toxicity, the team comp, or just got outplayed, but the toxic behavior never helped because it just makes people frustrated and not want to work with the team.
    "Switch because you're being hard countered" isn't always on that player to switch. If your Widowmaker is being hard countered, I'd put a lot of money on your support getting munched as well. That means no one has their back, because even if Widowmaker switched, your next complaint is "where are my healers?" Right?

If your support, or even tanks are being hard countered, and they go DPS, you're not exactly going to respond well to that either.

It's a fucking meme "if they're being countered". A joke at this point. You can notice if Widowmaker or Hanzo get killed a couple of times, but you'll be completely oblivious to anyone else's plight. Either that or they're not getting countered and you're just talking shit and not focusing on your own game. Stop regurgitating forum memes and excuses for hating on a hero which, when we ask for buffs the same people lose their shit and tell us they're fine. It's irrational.

I kick so much ass it's unbelievable. Poor enemy team

"Switch because you're being hard countered" isn't always on that player to switch. If your Widowmaker is being hard countered, I'd put a lot of money on your support getting munched as well. That means no one has their back, because even if Widowmaker switched, your next complaint is "where are my healers?" Right?

If your support, or even tanks are being hard countered, and they go DPS, you're not exactly going to respond well to that either.

It's a fucking meme "if they're being countered". A joke at this point. You can notice if Widowmaker or Hanzo get killed a couple of times, but you'll be completely oblivious to anyone else's plight. Either that or they're not getting countered and you're just talking shit and not focusing on your own game. Stop regurgitating forum memes and excuses for hating on a hero which, when we ask for buffs the same people lose their shit and tell us they're fine. It's irrational.
    I agree 100% with this your spot on Jessicka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Yeah I can't think of a single time something helpful was said that I actually had to react to or got something out of. Better just to let people argue and I'll opt out of chat and focus on what I can do.
    Yeah, think 9/10 'X is one hit' calls ends up with me dead as I charge them down. I do go on if asked, out of politeness, but otherwise tend to avoid it. It's mostly silence, with the mix off whining or eating or other bodily noises.

If I'm being hard countered by a Tracer or Pharah because I'm playing Ana or Zen, then I will switch to Mercy or Lucio as they have greater mobility and a faster rate of fire to thwart off aggressive players at times. If I'm a tank, such as DVa, and I'm being countered by a team with Zarya, Mei, Winston, Rein, or a combo of, then I will absolutely switch to another tank. If we don't have a tank pick that will help against those characters due to running 2 tanks and theirs no good option left (for me) then I might pick a damage dealer or offer to switch with another player.
    Again, it's a team game. No one wants to think about that. It requires team play to play the best you can. Sometimes, that means 1 person needs to change, sometimes 2, sometimes everyone needs to change it up. Even your responses of "I'm playing Widow and COULD switch but that means that we still lose because others are being countered" shows the solo playstyle. MAYbe not you specifically, but there are 5 other people on your team who are also playing, and maybe 1 of them is being selfish. The bottom line is that the game is team based set with checks and counters. Usually the winning team is the team that plays abs such and can adjust accordingly. That's not to say my selfish team doesn't play better solo than their selfish team, but that's actually pretty rare.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-07-21 at 02:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    If I'm being hard countered by a Tracer or Pharah because I'm playing Ana or Zen, then I will switch to Mercy or Lucio as they have greater mobility and a faster rate of fire to thwart off aggressive players at times. If I'm a tank, such as DVa, and I'm being countered by a team with Zarya, Mei, Winston, Rein, or a combo of, then I will absolutely switch to another tank. If we don't have a tank pick that will help against those characters due to running 2 tanks and theirs no good option left (for me) then I might pick a damage dealer or offer to switch with another player.
    Again, it's a team game. No one wants to think about that. It requires team play to play the best you can. Sometimes, that means 1 person needs to change, sometimes 2, sometimes everyone needs to change it up. Even your responses of "I'm playing Widow and COULD switch but that means that we still lose because others are being countered" shows the solo playstyle. MAYbe not you specifically, but there are 5 other people on your team who are also playing, and maybe 1 of them is being selfish. The bottom line is that the game is team based set with checks and counters. Usually the winning team is the team that plays abs such and can adjust accordingly. That's not to say my selfish team doesn't play better solo than their selfish team, but that's actually pretty rare.
    I do switch, but rarely. Why? Because 9/10 times it's more than just me that's the problem and my switching doesn't make the slightest difference. I'm going to get blamed anyway, for switching to the wrong thing, switching too late, switching at all (especially when I swap off support), and just generally being bad or whatever because of what I did or didnt pick to start with, and by now I just couldn't care less, i might as well just be the scapegoat that makes everyone feel better about themselves. Because I'm that anyway.

I'm going to lose half my matches (well more than at the moment because of added fighting my own fucking team as well as the enemy), I can accept that. I'd just like to get past that fighting my own team issue, on heroes I enjoy. And no, there's no fucking excuse to whine about Sombra anymore.

Further, in comp, it's actually easier to play Widow than in QP because Winston has other things to worry about and doesn't get to leap through your team constantly. That's the point. It's not even as big a deal as people make out, thanks to perceptions perpetuated by internet memes.

The guys that play whatever they feel like playing are probably lower SR players tbh. Pick Widow at 4K and above and youre gonna get rolled on on most maps lawl

Even a Widow can be easeful at 4k rating if played well and with a team that can protect her. That's what we have been trying to say for quite a few pages now.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

I really fucking hate the matchmaking system, literally just had a game with 4 team members under lv50, I'm 374 and the 6th was over 500. The whole enemy team was lv500+. The matchmaking system needs a serious fix because its getting angering at this point losing because people pick a single hero and fucking blow dick with it and then refuse to swap off the hero when they're countered.

Like there needs to be something fixed the way the system splits up these teams(BARE MINIMUM) because its stupid as fuck that my team got shafted with 4 people under lv50. The better fix is make it so people can't fucking que ranked before lv100 or 150.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I really fucking hate the matchmaking system, literally just had a game with 4 team members under lv50, I'm 374 and the 6th was over 500. The whole enemy team was lv500+. The matchmaking system needs a serious fix because its getting angering at this point losing because people pick a single hero and fucking blow dick with it and then refuse to swap off the hero when they're countered.

Like there needs to be something fixed the way the system splits up these teams(BARE MINIMUM) because its stupid as fuck that my team got shafted with 4 people under lv50. The better fix is make it so people can't fucking que ranked before lv100 or 150.
    Level doesn't have anything to do with a players skill.

I would have quit playing as soon as I saw that there was a higher level requirement than 25 to queue for ranked, because level does not equate to skill. Just getting to 25 was a pain in the ass to play ranked, 100? No way, I would have started the game up, seen the lvl 100 requirement and requested a refund.

I'm lvl 40 now, after almost 5 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Currently on a fun 8 loss streak(and 1 draw), I'm having some bad luck. From 2299 all the way down to 2020. Even had the joy of having a thrower who made his intentions very clear. Thankfully the enemy team was also willing to report him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post

That is waaay over the top. And level =/ skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Currently on a fun 8 loss streak(and 1 draw), I'm having some bad luck. From 2299 all the way down to 2020. Even had the joy of having a thrower who made his intentions very clear. Thankfully the enemy team was also willing to report him.

- - - Updated - - -

That is waaay over the top. And level =/ skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Level doesn't have anything to do with a players skill.

I would have quit playing as soon as I saw that there was a higher level requirement than 25 to queue for ranked, because level does not equate to skill. Just getting to 25 was a pain in the ass to play ranked, 100? No way, I would have started the game up, seen the lvl 100 requirement and requested a refund.

I'm lvl 40 now, after almost 5 months.
    Level certainly does play a part of skill. When people have no respect towards a team game and how it works, IE just going off doing their own thing, the game basically becomes a 5v6. Take that further with 4 people under lv50 all doing their own thing with no team work and the refusal to swap heroes because they "don't know how to play anything else" yes level does play a HUGE part in that because with more levels you experience more heroes and more maps. They need to make the level higher, bottom line.