10+ Year Old Account
    Once more, game pairs me with leavers, trolls, low skill cucks, insta-locks, and griefers.
    Can't even reach 2300 without the game's vindictive bullshit knocking me down every
    single fucking time I get there.

This game. If someone were to ask me if its comp mode is good, I would find it very
    difficult to say otherwise.

Fell 300 points in 2 days. Feels like I'm playing with brand new players again. Teams I go against are people that seem to actually try, while I get people that play Torb on attack on Hollywood and keep placing a turret in front of the enemy team at the choke. Solo healer Mercy pocket healing their Genji player buddy. Guy who picks DF and says he'll switch if it's not working out but suicides into their team constantly and never switches. Widow...Widow was decent, but stayed on her when the enemy team went 3 tanks and couldn't kill anything. That was 1 game. All of them the last 2 days have played like that for me.
    As I've stated, I hold no illusions that I'm some pro player, but the people I'm getting grouped with are seriously playing like apes banging on the keyboard.
    Was back and forth 2400-2500, but it's like the game decided, "Nah, enough of that. Here's everyone that wants to throw or just screw around."
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-08-11 at 06:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another dupe tonight. I guess that is what happens when you start to have 60+ items from most heroes.

Edit: actually bought some boxes to test and I am getting exactly one dupe now in every single box.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2017-08-11 at 06:05 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Another dupe tonight. I guess that is what happens when you start to have 60+ items from most heroes.

Edit: actually bought some boxes to test and I am getting exactly one dupe now in every single box.
    Aye, bought 50 boxes for this event. The first 20 were almost no-dups while the last 15 were exclusively dups. Still some legendaries and icons to get ! >.<
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

At 3020 and people still don't understand to kill reinhardt if he drops his shield and start swinging...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    At 3020 and people still don't understand to kill reinhardt if he drops his shield and start swinging...
    Opposite problem last night. Went Zen because we had one healer (people still think Symm is a healer?) and I got killed very early as Orisa with no heals, mostly just chip damage. We scrape a defence together, then on attack, our suicide Rein just gets killed, along with half the team every time he drops shield to fire blast. Just over and over, not learning, every cooldown. Ended a draw, thankfully so no SR lost.

Also Zen is low-key OP.

I don't get it. What is your SR supposed to represent? It surely can't be player skill, had people screaming at our symmetra to kill tracer as if symmetra counters tracer? What is even going on?

Getting more and more convinced they need to do something about pharah. There's no real counter to her as she kills all the ones that supposedly counters her in 2 hits, only chance you have is if you are a highly skilled widowmaker who can headshot her every hit or aimbot to hit her head every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting more and more convinced they need to do something about pharah. There's no real counter to her as she kills all the ones that supposedly counters her in 2 hits, only chance you have is if you are a highly skilled widowmaker who can headshot her every hit or aimbot to hit her head every time.
    She's a mid table pick in competitive, I play her a bit as DPS but there's a lot of McCrees and 76s around these days and they can make things difficult even if they don't actually kill you. She can wreck if no one switches or picks her up, but you can say that as much about Tracer or Genji or pretty much anyone who needs a specific counter. I don't find her that special either as or against her.

Doomfist on the other hand, first hero I've felt is a major problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. What is your SR supposed to represent? It surely can't be player skill, had people screaming at our symmetra to kill tracer as if symmetra counters tracer? What is even going on?
    eh... symmetra is actually a tracer counter.

her turrets are strong enough to force that 150hp annoyance to waste a recall, and even if her beam isnt charged it can wreck her.
    cause low amount of health and all.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    eh... symmetra is actually a tracer counter.

her turrets are strong enough to force that 150hp annoyance to waste a recall, and even if her beam isnt charged it can wreck her.
    cause low amount of health and all.
    Symmetra isn't listed as a counter to her anywhere. McCree, Roadhog, Torbjorn, Mei, Winston and Pharah is on the other hand.

Turrets are stationary and are easily avoided, you can't put them on your healer. You can't even lock-on to tracer with your gun as symmetra unless she refuses to use her shift ability.

I've never had any problems with symmetra while playing tracer myself.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-08-11 at 11:48 AM.

I only just returned to the game after taking a break right as the previous event ended. So I'm sort of clueless about the new map and new hero.

Not that it matters, since I don't bother with competitive beyond placement matches. I want the new 76 and Mercy skins. Already struck it lucky and got the new McCree skin in my first box and Widowmaker's in my third.

10+ Year Old Account

Just checked my own no-dupes-ever numbers, and most of my heroes are in the mid-50s items range (Doomfist and Orisa still well below that). Are you sure you haven't capped out white items or something?

Bought some more boxes to test this myself and this happened in the first one;

Tracer's old legendary event skin, Reaper's new one, Roadhog pirate. Best lootbox I've ever had.

Edit: Yuup, 24 new boxes, not a single dupe.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-08-11 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Just checked my own no-dupes-ever numbers, and most of my heroes are in the mid-50s items range (Doomfist and Orisa still well below that). Are you sure you haven't capped out white items or something?

Bought some more boxes to test this myself and this happened in the first one;

Tracer's old legendary event skin, Reaper's new one, Roadhog pirate. Best lootbox I've ever had.
    Shit, most I've seen is two legendaries in a box, one of them was credits the other a dupe!

Down to 2100 again. Running into so many Tracer players. Just had a game my team decided to go Bastion cancer on the overtime round, to which I tried telling them it won't work if they stick to Genji and Tracer like they've been playing the last 2 rounds. No one listens, the opposing team wins in 1 minute.
    Same game, we weren't pushing the payload out of our choke, I switch to DF to break the linebacker comp the team was running, immediately start getting shit from my team. As we break thru, we make it to the finish line, just to have my team talk about how each one of them carried that round. Not 1 person talks about how I started getting kills left and right.
    Next game, same issue, team can't get thru choke, swap to DF, immediately start getting people talking crap about it. Had a rough go where we were trickling to the point, finally group up, jump to the top of the bridge, come out the side room get 2 fast kills, get a 3rd shortly after, use Q, chase them off point while team mops up. Still getting criticized about being DF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure you haven't capped out white items or something?
    Absolutely 100% sure. WOULD YOU LIKE SCREENSHOTS.

I am not capped on any rarity items, even looking at regular and Summer Games items separate and excluding unobtainable past event items. On Doomfist I only had 10 things, for example. Since I started getting dupes, I have been getting them across all rarity types (in fact the first three I got were two legendaries and an epic). Now I'm getting them mostly on blue items, probably because I have more things on that rarity already than any other and there's probably very few left to get (looks like I have like two nonevent player icons and then a handful of victory poses left). But even on those, I will get a duplicate of a blue in one box, and then next box will have a nondupe blue. Or I will roll two blues and one will be a dupe and the other will not be. And in the pack of 24 I bought last night to test, I also got another epic and legendary dupes, and I definitely don't have all of those; almost every single Hero has legendaries I don't have and I only have a few of the summar games ones. The only thing I don't think I've never seen dupe is white just because I think that covers all sprays, emotes and voice lines so has the largest volume of stuff to obtain.

Although by the time I finished the second set of boxes, I did cap on Summer Games epics if the system really is splitting them out (and that is just an assumption on my part). The only thing that would make sense is if it specifically rolled type like event > blue > player icon = dupe cos I have all event player icons or nonevent > legendary > Lucio = dupe cos I have all Lucio's legendaries. But I don't think it's rolling down to a hero-specific level or I'd probably be getting a lot more duplicates than just one a box.

Again, this is not a complaint, this I am just dispelling the confusion that it is literally impossible to get dupes unless you already have everything available of that rarity type.

Nice! I've never been that lucky.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely 100% sure. WOULD YOU LIKE SCREENSHOTS.
    Just trying to figure out why the heck you'd be getting consistent dupes, and I wouldn't be.

Before the lootbox change, I was getting 3-4 dupes a box. Ever since, zero. And that's well over 50 lootboxes by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just trying to figure out why the heck you'd be getting consistent dupes, and I wouldn't be.

Before the lootbox change, I was getting 3-4 dupes a box. Ever since, zero. And that's well over 50 lootboxes by now.
    I probably am dumb and have bought more boxes than you overall. But yes, before the patch I was getting 3-4 dupes every box. I actually took a screenshot of a box where I only had two dupes like a month ago since it had been 6+ months since I had seen that happen.

Initially after the patch, zero dupes in any boxes, faithfully doing my 9 arcades wins plus whatever I got leveling.

Then I bought two 24 packs this holiday. The first one, I got three dupes total (leg and epic). They were the first dupes I'd seen at all since the patch. Then I got a few boxes leveling and one or two of them each had a dupe, so out of curiosity I bought a second set to see if that kept up. The second set I got one dupe in almost every box (mostly blues but a couple other qualities). Obviously sometimes between those two sets I hit some kind of threshold.

(Unfortunately the more I buy, the more likely it is I'm going to finish something and then won't be able to really "test" anymore to look for patterns)

If I had to guess, it would probably be something like it starts happening once you have like X% of something and odds get higher for dupes the fewer things remaining. Maybe they figured totally removing the RNG so you just nicely fill in absolutely everything would make it too easy to collect every last thing (especially shit like player icons that you can't buy) and people would stop buying boxes, so they left in some small aspect of chase at the end to finish off the last few things. Of course at this point I have enough gold to buy any of those but the player icons though so not even sure that's legit logic.

| twitch | bsky
    |

On the PTR they are saying new Junkrat is her counter, you det pack up towards her and hurl your second det pack at her. If you put one down and wait for the cooldown you can boost up and chuck 2 at her.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-08-11 at 09:15 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    6 Wins for 1 tonight ^^

Was only going to play a couple of matches, but I just kept winning. Last game was a let down, I'd broken back over 2300 and that put me just under again.

Clearly a message to stop, take a bunch of pills and go sleep.