Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I WISH I would get 4-5 wins and then stop after a loss. With my luck, that
    scenario almost never happens.

And from yesterday, now at 2108. Dropped 300 points yet again. Good lord
    this "luck" of mine with the people I get paired with.
    I dropped 500 points over the last week. Once I dropped to 2000 it seems like the matchmaking said "okay, I'm done trolling you, here's some good players again." Since then, my win:loss ratio went back to 50/50 for about a day and then I started climbing again. Now at about 70/30, yet overall for the season I'm about 48/52 total. I seriously think there is a hidden equation that after you win so many compared to losses the MMR starts stacking things against you in some lame attempt to equal things out and really make you start working for those wins.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-08-15 at 04:39 PM.

Back to losses tonight. They have got to do something about low levels smurfs. It ruins the MMR, it ruins matches, and it just straight up ruins the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Back to losses tonight. They have got to do something about low levels smurfs. It ruins the MMR, it ruins matches, and it just straight up ruins the game.
    Smurfs are pretty difficult to fix though, people just need to be vigilant in reporting them if they throw games to get to lower MMR brackets.

I'm enjoying all the Doomfist players as Widow, they upper cut and just hang in the air for a second like sitting ducks.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

People suck at Lucioball more now than they did a year ago. So many that play over aggressively, shooting the ball just because it's in front of them, no matter if they are aimed at a wall or our own goal at the time. See ball. Have gun. Must shoot.

Dumbass1: What do you mean I'm supposed to be goalie?
    Me: It put your in the yellow box, that means you're goalie.
    Dumbass1: No it doesn't!!

Dumbass2: You guys are supposed to cover the goal when my ult is up!
    Me: I moved to the goal when you announced your ult, you stayed there just looking at me, so I went back to trying to score. Then about 30 seconds after I was gone you used your ult and left too.

Ball comes straight to me mid field, so I aim at the opposing goal and fire.
    Dumbass3: DON'T GOALIE FOR ME!!!!!!
    /me looks at our goal half a field away...
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Mei is pretty much the ultimate area denial in Mayhem mode. Any halfway competent Mei can hold an area nearly indefinitely unless focused. Gotta get my weekly lootboxes somehow, though.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I'm in Singapore dude, english is the common language here. It's very likely that they can speak english but just refuse to do so. I'm already speaking a second language(English) while many here have english as their first language.
    Does it really matter? Obviously they are allowed to play overwatch in your area without having to take a language test. You push the random button and you roll the dice. Sometimes you roll the dice and come up craps. You can get angry about how others don't learn the language you can understand and just spin angrily or you can get on with playing.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Ive been trying to play comp lucioball and the consistency of hitting the ball is all over the place... Game i just came out of had me boop the almost stationary ball from point blank and it didnt move while punching it from the same place did move the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Ive been trying to play comp lucioball and the consistency of hitting the ball is all over the place... Game i just came out of had me boop the almost stationary ball from point blank and it didnt move while punching it from the same place did move the ball.
    I've stopped playing because the hit detection is so totally borked. I've only got a ~40ms ping, which shouldn't be an issue, but it seems like every time I try and hit the ball while moving, especially in the air, I'll whiff. It only works if I can "predict" where the ball will be, and boop pre-emptively, which obviously can't work when you're fighting for the ball. Goalie works okay again, unless I need to jump, and then it's a shitshow again.

It's a shame, because I LIKE Lucioball. If it works. But 9/10 times right now, it doesn't. The ball will hit me and go right on through, unless my goalie kicks it into the back of my stationary head, and then it bounces off perfectly into my own goal.

And all this time, I'm watching the enemy team body-block shots, do air-kicks like pros, and so forth. So it's clearly not hurting EVERYONE. But those of us it hits, it's unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I seriously think there is a hidden equation that after you win so many compared to losses the MMR starts stacking things against you in some lame attempt to equal things out and really make you start working for those wins.
    I'm inclined to believe you. Now its dropped me to 2041. Almost have 30 point difference
    from my wins. Which is fucking absurd compared to earlier seasons.

It legitimately feels like the system, silly as it sounds, has a sort of vendetta towards me
    specifically. I don't know how else you get from nearly hitting plat to just being completely
    stuck in a horrible back and forth, but mostly going back, back, FAR back for the entirety
    of a season.

Especially since again, never had that much trouble getting to Plat before (if anything,
    getting OUT of Plat was the problem), but now I can't even hit Plat?

Some incomprehensible bullshit going on here.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; Yesterday at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Funny of the week: earlier in mystery heroes I was told by some e-peening diamonds what basically amounted to "team composition doesn't make any difference" in an attempt to deny that the mode is about RNG. Kinda makes me wonder how did someone that delusional even reach diamond in the first place. Ah well, reminded me to not bother trying to reason with socially immature people as it's always just a waste of time.
    Oh those sweet summer childs.

I'm sure team comp doesn't matter at all, when your team keeps getting 2-3 Genjis/Sombras/Widowmakers while the other team has two Winstons. Not at all.

And yes, I had that happen last night, and I'm somewhat salty still.

Fun, pick mei in hanamura and every time I'm about to freeze and headshot their mercy, lucio on our team comes and pushes her out of headshot if he was nearby and they won because of mercy being able to res because he pushed her out of my headshot when frozen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    I apologize for my mistake, you're a kpop fan which is borderline worse than pedophilia.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Look at goal, Aim at the top of the ball, win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh those sweet summer childs.

I'm sure team comp doesn't matter at all, when your team keeps getting 2-3 Genjis/Sombras/Widowmakers while the other team has two Winstons. Not at all.

And yes, I had that happen last night, and I'm somewhat salty still.
    Mode says random, is random. Sometimes you roll 7's sometimes you roll craps.
    Last night on Gibraltar we got 2 Orissa and we took turns tossing down advancing shields and marched to first control point every 4 seconds. Once those two died suddenly we had 3 Hanzos and we lost. That's random for ya!
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; Today at 12:58 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Mode says random, is random. Sometimes you roll 8's, sometimes you roll craps.
    Last night on Gibraltar we got 2 Orissa and we took turns tossing down advancing shields and marched to first control point every 4 seconds. Once those two died suddenly we had 3 Hanzos and we lost. That's random for ya!
    I'm not contesting that, I'm just saying it's silly to claim the random comp doesn't impact it at all.

I'd like to see a mode where every character is put in a hidden random lineup in every game and when a player dies on a team they cycle into the next hidden hero in the rotation and the first team to exhaust the rotation loses.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'd like to see a mode where every character is put in a hidden random lineup in every game and when a player dies on a team they cycle into the next hidden hero in the rotation and the first team to exhaust the rotation loses.
    Hero selection pool is too small. Game would be over when first group gets wiped

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Hero selection pool is too small. Game would be over when first group gets wiped
    If every player died on your team in team wipes it would give you 4 team wipes and there are lots of arcade modes over faster than that. Best 2 of 3 would elongate the mode.