Last time I purchase loot boxes...I've opened 8 so far. 6 had all duplicates, the other 2 had 1 thing I didn't have and they weren't even the Event items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Last time I purchase loot boxes...I've opened 8 so far. 6 had all duplicates, the other 2 had 1 thing I didn't have and they weren't even the Event items.
    Were any of these loot boxes from before the event launched? It sounds like they aren't event boxes, for whatever reason. Loot boxes don't "upgrade" to event boxes if you had them before the event went live; only new boxes bought/earned after it starts get the new items.

There's a new voice line for everyone, at least, so even if you had ALL the event items from last year, you should be getting at least one "new" item per box, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Were any of these loot boxes from before the event launched? It sounds like they aren't event boxes, for whatever reason. Loot boxes don't "upgrade" to event boxes if you had them before the event went live; only new boxes bought/earned after it starts get the new items.

There's a new voice line for everyone, at least, so even if you had ALL the event items from last year, you should be getting at least one "new" item per box, I think.
    Nope, as a matter of fact it was the 2nd set of 24 loot boxes I purchased (really want that Cthulhu skin for Zen). They each had the new items, such as sprays and voice lines, but these were ones I had gotten out of the 30 I opened previously. It makes me wonder if "will have at least 1 new item" actually means "will have at least 1 new item, but it can be a dup of one you have already received." The only silver lining from all of them is I went from 200 credits to about 2400 (some of the items were gold) and I'm only 600 away from just buying the skin outright.

Actually won a FFA deathmatch last night as Hanzo.
    I felt okay after that. (I'm by no means a Hanzo main, only 10 hours on him)

Out of about 18 crates, I only got the Torb skin so far. Gonna continue to save all credits until the end though, just in case I open the skins I want so I can save them for the next event (I need Zens and Zarya's at the least)

Every time someone they jumps when I'm trying to heal them I go

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMM

jumping does not help fucking stop jumping.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Every time someone they jumps when I'm trying to heal them I go

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMM

jumping does not help fucking stop jumping.
    You know how it's harder for you to shoot them to heal them?

Yeah. Same works for ENEMIES trying to shoot them.

On the subject of games themselves, god DAMN am I getting tired of solo healing. I really didn't mind it too much at first, but lately it's just aggravating. Has severely helped out with my survival skills, learning how to shift all over the place; however, once that team sees I am solo healing it's open season on me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually finding groups are going 2-2-2 just fine for the most part.

Think I'm finally getting used to D.Va as well, she's very fragile but doesn't seem to effect her impact on the match if she's not solo/main tanking. Kind of going back to launch/S2 with it, which is okay I guess. Just very different from what I'd become accustomed to.

Is weird, now gaining more SR now I'm back in Gold than I was typically gaining down at ~1800. But, I guess I'm okay with that.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So in case anyone is wondering how fucked up the points system is, let me give you a story in numbers:

Started season, 2400. almost 200 points below my last full season final and 600 points below my season high. (Almost had Diamond that season)
    Played up to plat.
    Every time I eclipsed 2500, the game started handing me my ass in massive losing streaks.
    Season high this season is 2704.
    Currently I'm at 1997 and about to be in silver for the first time ever since this ranking system was added in S2.

Do you want to know the number of loss differential it took to fall that low? 6

Record this season: 403-409-27 (49.57%Win Rate) This is the most unrewarding, negative piece of shit change blizzard has ever done to PvP in their games. And I've played WoW since it launched, so that's saying something.
    BAD WOLF

is playing games the first day of an event always this horrible? something like 3-14 so far, leavers/feeders in 80% of games, no-one ever switching from their first pick in 99% of games

Damn I missed Junkenstein ! Always having trouble in Expert mode on the 2nd Mercy wave...though. I want that witch spray so bad. ;...;
    Which comps work better for you ? So far it's been Mccree + Zen/Ana + Torb + Soldier... Hanzo seems really good if you can land these hs/scatter, no opinion for Genji/Widow.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    no opinion for Genji/Widow.
    Unless I'm missing something with the both of them, Genji and Widomaker seem to be the weakest of the additions to the Junkenstein Endless mode. Widowmaker especially. Everything she can do Ana, Hanzo, or Soldier can do either better or with more utility, and her Ultimate is absolutely worthless in that mode. Genji isn't quite as bad, since he can do decent damage in the hands of someone who knows how to play him, but I still don't know why you'd want to pick him over any of the other damage dealer characters since, again, most of them either bring more utility with them or have an easier time doing damage at a safer distance.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    So in case anyone is wondering how fucked up the points system is, let me give you a story in numbers:

Started season, 2400. almost 200 points below my last full season final and 600 points below my season high. (Almost had Diamond that season)
    Played up to plat.
    Every time I eclipsed 2500, the game started handing me my ass in massive losing streaks.
    Currently I'm at 1997 and about to be in silver for the first time ever since this ranking system was added in S2.

Record this season: 403-409-27 (49.57%Win Rate) This is the most unrewarding, negative piece of shit change blizzard has ever done to PvP in their games. And I've played WoW since it launched, so that's saying something.
    I seem to be having the opposite, where I'm gaining more for my wins than losing, over the last couple of days. Was at 2606 this morning, lost 4 games and dropped about 75-80 points. Later in the day, I won 3 and gained it all back and then some. I thought it might have been because 90% of my games I'm solo healing, but then I had a few game playing as Zen and those 2 games I earned roughly 40 a piece.
    The Zen games truely make me question how the rating system works. 1 game I actually did pretty well and felt it was justified, the other I played like absolute garbage. I used Ult twice on defense, once just to get to our overextended Rein and get him back to choke safely, but the big one was a telegraphing Reaper trying to Ult. He was obviously trying to get into an Ult position, so I had my finger hovering over Q and listened specifically for him. He dropped behind me, and I pressed Q about a .25 of a second after he did and nullified him completely. Other than that I got a few kills, and our turn on attack we onlyneeded 1 tick and I wasn't ever alive for the pushes. That game earned me 40+, almost 50 if I remember correctly. Should not have earned that much based on how I played.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Unless I'm missing something with the both of them, Genji and Widomaker seem to be the weakest of the additions to the Junkenstein Endless mode. Widowmaker especially. Everything she can do Ana, Hanzo, or Soldier can do either better or with more utility, and her Ultimate is absolutely worthless in that mode. Genji isn't quite as bad, since he can do decent damage in the hands of someone who knows how to play him, but I still don't know why you'd want to pick him over any of the other damage dealer characters since, again, most of them either bring more utility with them or have an easier time doing damage at a safer distance.
    Genji's good for a quick mop up, reflecting Roadhog's ult, and jumping onto Mercy, but really, those can be done by anyone else better as you said.

You know how it's harder for you to shoot them to heal them?

Yeah. Same works for ENEMIES trying to shoot them.
    talking about the junkenstein event where jumping literally does not help
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Wish they released the Halloween event with an endless mode where you could pick any class. Kind of like the other Overwatch event with the omnics.

10+ Year Old Account

Played up to plat.

What that strongly suggests is that you shouldn't have been as high as you were. So on average, you've been losing more points than winning, until you dropped down to where you should be.

That's exactly how the system is meant to work. The adjustments to SR gains and losses are meant to give you more of a shift, if your performance is out of line with your current rank. Nothing you described here shows that there's any kind of flaw in the system, just the system working exactly as intended.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly how the system is meant to work.
    *yawn* same stupid bullshit, another day. I guess you conveniently overlooked my rating in all other seasons which I specifically mentioned. It's not convenient to your robot argument, so why acknowledge it right? I guess I forgot I had an arm amputated so I'm playing at half the skill level I've had 1.5 years. EYYYEEEEROLLLL.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    *yawn* same stupid bullshit, another day. I guess you conveniently overlooked my rating in all other seasons which I specifically mentioned. It's not convenient to your robot argument, so why acknowledge it right? I guess I forgot I had an arm amputated so I'm playing at half the skill level I've had 1.5 years. EYYYEEEEROLLLL.
    Throwing a tantrum really doesn't help your case. There's a simple explanation for the results you're seeing. You just don't want to accept that explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Wish they released the Halloween event with an endless mode where you could pick any class. Kind of like the other Overwatch event with the omnics.
    I did really enjoy the alternate "any hero" option on the anniversary event, but I also feel like there are some heroes that would probably make this event too easy given its set up of slowing marching omnics in three steady streams. Mowing them down with an Orisa or Bastion or something with area denial would probably cheese it too much, or make those heroes mandatory picks and maybe a little less fun.

So, yeah, kinda conflicted because I can see both ways.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |