The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I did not, I recently wiped my computer clean to find out what was wrong with it (turned out to be internal hard drive I had games o. Was very very old, and I had not redownliaded OBS yet.
    The game has it's own record feature now. There is a hotkey to record the last X minutes of gameplay as well as being able to record if it was stored as a highlight.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    The game has it's own record feature now. There is a hotkey to record the last X minutes of gameplay as well as being able to record if it was stored as a highlight.
    It's really weird quality though.

So tonight was a mixed bag, about as mixed as my SR rewards and losses. Gains between 24 and 40, losses between 20 and 28. My Mercy play is least consistent in terms of "playing well", but actually not bad for securing a win. 55% win rate tanking, 57% support. I should probably avoid DPS for a bit. Seen a lot of Triple Tank tonight, so I guess there's an option.

Net loss of 37SR with 7 losses for 5 wins. Not happy with that, but meh at least I'm not down at 1800 anymore.

This was majestic though http://plays.tv/video/59e524bbef4b54e2ad/dva-pentakill- Starting to get my DVa love back.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-10-16 at 09:36 PM.

Guessing the record feature puts in a highlight intro... which is annoying watching the same old highlight intros every single time if you are viewing something like the Overwatch reddit page. It should be simple to edit them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's really weird quality though.
    FWIW, you should be able to adjust the quality in the options.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Calling it quits for the season. The huge SR losses I am having now are dropping me faster than I can make them up, even when I win more games than I lose. Just gonna call it now and end just above 2500 and fell good about it.

Lost 300 points in the last couple of weeks, on the rare occasion I get a game without trolls, DCs etc I just get a lopsided match.

Would take an unbelievable number of games to regain that ranking even if I suddenly started getting even matches. Guess that's it for this season sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Lost 300 points in the last couple of weeks, on the rare occasion I get a game without trolls, DCs etc I just get a lopsided match.

Would take an unbelievable number of games to regain that ranking even if I suddenly started getting even matches. Guess that's it for this season sigh.
    Took me less than a week, not even playing every day, to regain 500SR I lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    It's possible. You need to play at the right timeframe where the chance of having angry little trolls is minimal, and try and leave your comfort zone. When I left my little comfort zone of heroes I am good at I started climbing.

The current meta is pretty stale for now though, with Mercy being at the top of the hierarchy. And you are severely handicapped without a good Mercy so that's just another unfortunate variable that may cause worse results.

I personally don't believe the upcoming Mercy changes will change that hierarchy either. Her healing and damage boost are incredibly strong as they are, her mobility will be even more insane and ress is just going to be a staple, full stop.

It feels much like Kalista's current state in League, and she is banned from official tourneys.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2017-10-17 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    It's possible. You need to play at the right timeframe where the chance of having angry little trolls is minimal, and try and leave your comfort zone. When I left my little comfort zone of heroes I am good at I started climbing.

The current meta is pretty stale for now though, with Mercy being at the top of the hierarchy. And you are severely handicapped without a good Mercy so that's just another unfortunate variable that may cause worse results.

I personally don't believe the upcoming Mercy changes will change that hierarchy either. Her healing and damage boost are incredibly strong as they are, her mobility will be even more insane and ress is just going to be a staple, full stop.

It feels much like Kalista's current state in League, and she is banned from official tourneys.
    I agree with the "right" timeframes. I refuse to play in the afternoon or very late night, as those have been the times I seem to get the most trolls/annoying people, and the teammates that are so blitzed they can't see straight.
    As for the other things, all my games the Meta has been 1-2 tanks, 3-4 damage, and solo heal. Not sure what you have been running into, but that's the majority of most of my games since hitting 2200-2300 and has persisted in my battle of maintaining 2600.
    Most games lately Mercy hasn't been necessary, but she definitely does hold a team together by herself really well. The few games I've played with 2 healers Mercy has not been one of them, and we usually do fine providing that my team knows to kill her and doesn't just ignore her while she heals people and/or rezzes them on a slow push.
    I'm kind of also giving up the season because, as stated, most of my games are solo healing. Usually that means I go Mercy, but my teammates I have been getting have been the variety of "CHARGE! Wait, why am I not getting healed? Where's our Mercy!?" Meanwhile, I'm running away from or dead from the 1-2 people that waited for that charge and then go after the healer.
    Actually had 1 game where it was so bad I refused to heal the 2nd round, only for a teammate to state he's not a healer main, he just usually HAS to play Mercy because every healer he gets sucks, just like the current game. Yeah, that's fine, I read that and didn't get stressed. By the end of the next round, he complained nonstop about being dead all the time and no one protecting him (which I was but he chose to sit directly on our Reins nutsack getting hit by everything instead of having the beam at its full length and ducking walls) and had less healing than I did overall from 1 round that lasted 30 seconds longer than round 2.
    Just not worth the hassle at this point. Maybe, MAYBE, I will play some more comp this season, but I think I'm just gonna take it easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post

What we need isn't Mercy nerfs, it's buffs to other healers and at least 2 more healing heroes. The reason Mercy stands so alone is that she's only competing with three other healers; Ana got nerfed directly and indirectly (the latter by boosting the prevalence of Barriers, which block her shots, by reducing Winston's bubble CD and introducing Orisa), and is arguably the worst-off hero in the game currently, and neither Zenyatta nor Lucio can handle healing by themselves; they're better as a supplemental healer (even if they're supplementing each other). So you've really got one solid central healer option, and that's why Mercy is gold.

If we had 2 other healers who could provide comparable support, Mercy wouldn't be retaining that spot so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

I too lost 300 and am only trying to get my next golden gun, then I am considering just playing for fun rather than comp.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    What we need isn't Mercy nerfs, it's buffs to other healers and at least 2 more healing heroes. The reason Mercy stands so alone is that she's only competing with three other healers; Ana got nerfed directly and indirectly (the latter by boosting the prevalence of Barriers, which block her shots, by reducing Winston's bubble CD and introducing Orisa), and is arguably the worst-off hero in the game currently, and neither Zenyatta nor Lucio can handle healing by themselves; they're better as a supplemental healer (even if they're supplementing each other). So you've really got one solid central healer option, and that's why Mercy is gold.

If we had 2 other healers who could provide comparable support, Mercy wouldn't be retaining that spot so well.
    It's a tricky situation though. While Mercy is really strong, buffing other healers up to her point might just end up with her dropping out completely. I mean, as you said yourself, Zenyatta and Lucio are already more of supplemental healers, because they have utility in other areas that makes up for it, and they're meant to run with a more direct healer anyway.

Ana I do agree, needs some sort of buff though. I think the major thing is the game just needs more healers in general, so we can have more direct healers like Mercy instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's a tricky situation though. While Mercy is really strong, buffing other healers up to her point might just end up with her dropping out completely. I mean, as you said yourself, Zenyatta and Lucio are already more of supplemental healers, because they have utility in other areas that makes up for it, and they're meant to run with a more direct healer anyway.

Ana I do agree, needs some sort of buff though. I think the major thing is the game just needs more healers in general, so we can have more direct healers like Mercy instead.
    I think Lucio and Zen could use some MINOR buffs, like a mobility tool for Zen or slightly better health, and a slight boost in passive healing for Lucio. But not much; they bring other stuff to the table, I agree there. I'm not arguing for big changes for those two, and definitely not in their main strengths.

Ana needs a lot of help, possibly a complete rework. She doesn't function as a sniper because she can't get any verticality to snipe.

And yeah; I've been saying this for months but we NEED more healers. I main support, and the lack of options means I feel hamstrung when things go badly; there's often no better hero I COULD swap to to try and counter the enemy team. I just have to keep plugging away with whoever I'm on and hope my team gets their heads out of their butts. We need healer options, and they can't be "hang way back and hide while healing" heroes, because we've already got three healers doing that (Zen, Ana, Mercy) and we need variety in how they function.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I too lost 300 and am only trying to get my next golden gun, then I am considering just playing for fun rather than comp.
    Yeah, I quit HoTS's competitive mode after getting sick of all the toxicity, trolling, throwing etc. I might end up doing the same in OW, which would totally suck.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean sure, if you get a high enough winrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I think blizzard need to introduce harsher limit on rating difference with people. I am at 2800 and I get silver players on my team?

10+ Year Old Account
    Had two people disconnect in Junkenstein last night right before the final boss fight (at least, I assume it was a DC since we were right at the end and in good shape for a quick arcade win), and let me tell you, that shit is a lot harder than you think with just two people. It took us foreeeevverrrrrrrr but we managed to duo it before the door exploded.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    This new Mercy though. This was not a nerf. Fun though.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-10-18 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    I think blizzard need to introduce harsher limit on rating difference with people. I am at 2800 and I get silver players on my team?
    Either they are teamed up with someone on your team or the game took so long to find someone and finally slapped them in there to get your game on.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well today was interesting. Good in an OW sense, won a bunch of matches, gained a bunch of SR. Ordered my DVa ultimate hoody. Less good in a coming home to find water pouring from my dining room ceiling and the lights and boiler out sort of way. Nothing damaged though, the pool on the floor wasn't very big, and being in the middle of the room hadn't spread to anything. Just a couple of shorted circuit breakers, won't be touching those.

Not sure if to keep Tank maining or play some more Mercy, seem to be doing okay with either. Mercy highlights and PotGs seem broken though which is sad.

Some fun plays. That moment when you press ult and get stunned and are like "Noooo"... Then it turns out okay.

https://plays.tv/video/59e91f3f88a85...ult-is-wasted-

And when you feel invincible just stomping through the enemy team...

https://plays.tv/video/59e91e6d76bf2...oint?from=user
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-10-19 at 10:07 PM.

Well today was interesting. Good in an OW sense, won a bunch of matches, gained a bunch of SR. Ordered my DVa ultimate hoody. Less good in a coming home to find water pouring from my dining room ceiling and the lights and boiler out sort of way. Nothing damaged though, the pool on the floor wasn't very big, and being in the middle of the room hadn't spread to anything. Just a couple of shorted circuit breakers, won't be touching those.

Not sure if to keep Tank maining or play some more Mercy, seem to be doing okay with either. Mercy highlights and PotGs seem broken though which is sad.

Some fun plays. That moment when you press ult and get stunned and are like "Noooo"... Then it turns out okay.

https://plays.tv/video/59e91f3f88a85...ult-is-wasted-

And when you feel invincible just stomping through the enemy team...

https://plays.tv/video/59e91e6d76bf2...oint?from=user
    The real damage from water is the mold that takes root inside the walls and ceilings where you can’t see. I had several pipes burst due to a pressure valve in the walls go bad. Fortunately insurance took care of it and I got a better bathroom, laundry room, and 90% of my finished basement but it was 3 months of repairs that I would never want to repeat.