15+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who doesn't like this new patch? Less focus on ultimates, more on aiming. Now the game feels like it's not my style anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Man, I don't know what it is lately but recent games have been super toxic. Lots of bad sportsmanship, trash talking and so on. Which is strange because usually such things have been fairly few and far between for me.
    Well today is free overwatch day, going to be some people who havent been in the community yet. Going to get people who are use to being toxic as a norm in the games they play.

I usually see 1 in 5 games has some toxic guy who is either blaming his team for his loss or laughing that the match was EZ (even though the match went the distance and wasn't an easy shut out at all). I usually call them out with, "Yeah, I too blame everyone else when I don't win every single match."

Generally we have a good non-toxic atmosphere with the exception of the use of GG as an insult.

If you want to avoid all noobs then I suggest sticking with competetive games this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't like this new patch? Less focus on ultimates, more on aiming. Now the game feels like it's not my style anymore.
    I personally enjoy having more aiming and less ultimates, means the ultimates are more important to do correctly. Really tired of constantly dealing with 6 ults back to back. "It's high noon!" Run and hide, "Nerf this!" Run and hide, "I've got you in my sights!" Run and hide, "Let 'er rip!" run and hide, "Heroes never die!" entire enemy team bounces up, "*what ever mei shouts*" entire team freezes solid and gets rolled by rezed team. Run back, "It's high noon!"

With 2 mei's in the game it was a constant ult aoe freeze going off. Rediculous.

Once you get to 30 seconds of the end of game it is possible to keep the opposing team out of the final control point long enough to force a win if everyone just saves an ult for the end. If you can't stand next to the payload you lose.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-11-18 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nope, loot box contents are set when they're earned, and regular loot boxes can't be exchanged for holiday loot boxes; you're not getting "one free lootbox" tickets you can trade in for whatever box you want, you're getting the actual box.
    are the contents of the lootbox set when you get them or random when you open them though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    are the contents of the lootbox set when you get them or random when you open them though?
    The contents is decided when the box is earned or purchased, not when it's opened.

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/overw...2461194#post-1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The contents is decided when the box is earned or purchased, not when it's opened.

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/overw...2461194#post-1
    Right, that. They set it up this way precisely to prevent people "stocking up" on boxes before events.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Well today is free overwatch day, going to be some people who havent been in the community yet. Going to get people who are use to being toxic as a norm in the games they play.

I usually see 1 in 5 games has some toxic guy who is either blaming his team for his loss or laughing that the match was EZ (even though the match went the distance and wasn't an easy shut out at all). I usually call them out with, "Yeah, I too blame everyone else when I don't win every single match."

Generally we have a good non-toxic atmosphere with the exception of the use of GG as an insult.

If you want to avoid all noobs then I suggest sticking with competetive games this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally enjoy having more aiming and less ultimates, means the ultimates are more important to do correctly. Really tired of constantly dealing with 6 ults back to back. "It's high noon!" Run and hide, "Nerf this!" Run and hide, "I've got you in my sights!" Run and hide, "Let 'er rip!" run and hide, "Heroes never die!" entire enemy team bounces up, "*what ever mei shouts*" entire team freezes solid and gets rolled by rezed team. Run back, "It's high noon!"

With 2 mei's in the game it was a constant ult aoe freeze going off. Rediculous.

Once you get to 30 seconds of the end of game it is possible to keep the opposing team out of the final control point long enough to force a win if everyone just saves an ult for the end. If you can't stand next to the payload you lose.
    I mean, that's great for you and all. It just means I can't play the game and it's extremely disappointing. I came to enjoy being able to be useful by focusing on timing my many ultimates over the course of a game because aiming is my biggest weakness and I get killed very consistently. Now it just means that I can barely be useful when/if I play with friends. I just drag them down more, and it sucks.

Deleted
    Maybe it's just me, since I just tried the game during free weekend, but it seems weird a bit.

First thing some heroes seem to be under powered while others are just ridiculous, Bastion for instance IMO is beyond broken with his tankyness , insane damage and easy camping possibilities in majority of the maps. That ninja guy, genji I think, is just uncatchable too. But Maybe it's just my first impression.

Biggest problem that I noticed was matchmaking, I don't know if it's like that in rankeds too. But when we played QM with few friends in our group we constantly would end up against really hight level players, like lvls 70-80-90-100 with some stars under their portraits too. No one in our team has even level 10, while enemy team would end up with tree or sometimes four high level player and it ends up in complete stomps and sometimes even base camps. This one killed fun completely at this point.
    Last edited by mmoca439b0b218; 2016-11-19 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    Maybe it's just me, since I just tried the game during free weekend, but it seems weird a bit.

First thing some heroes seem to be under powered while others are just ridiculous, Bastion for instance IMO is beyond broken with his tankyness , insane damage and easy camping possibilities in majority of the maps. That ninja guy, genji I think, is just uncatchable too. But Maybe it's just my first impression.
    It's absolutely that you're new and don't know what you're doing yet. Bastion is widely considered to be nearly useless in competitive play. He's far too easy to play around and his immobility makes him an easy target.

Biggest problem that I noticed was matchmaking, I don't know if it's like that in rankeds too. But when we played QM with few friends in our group we constantly would end up against really hight level players, like lvls 70-80-90-100 with some stars under their portraits too. No one in our team has even level 10, while enemy team would end up with tree or sometimes four high level player and it ends up in complete stomps and sometimes even base camps. This one killed fun completely at this point.
    Rank /= skill. And it doesn't start newbies in at the ground floor of the matchmaking system, it throws you into the middle, and figures out where you should be by seeing how you do. As it gets more data, it'll get better.

I mean, that's great for you and all. It just means I can't play the game and it's extremely disappointing. I came to enjoy being able to be useful by focusing on timing my many ultimates over the course of a game because aiming is my biggest weakness and I get killed very consistently. Now it just means that I can barely be useful when/if I play with friends. I just drag them down more, and it sucks.
    Ults rarely work on experienced players, when you hear the cry out you just run away. If enemy has an instant cast you stay separated a bit so it cant get you all at once.

- - - Updated - - -

If your team target priorities Bastion first of all priorities he will die so often the bastion player will change or his team will demand he change. A great genji is hard to stop but you have to be amazing with him to make him work. If you are that good with him you deserve the kills, most players don't have that level of skill. A hard counter to him is roadhog, hook and shoot... dead.

Once you get a lot more time in the game you will see the bastions not played at all.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-11-19 at 06:43 AM.

Deleted
    I don't like the new meta either. TTK is down the drain and so much damage is flying around that some heroes feel horrible to play again.
    Even Rein-shields get blasted in a second or two.
    D.Va got overbuffed, so did Soldier... and then on other side of the coin - Sombra doesn't fit in because her damage output is ridicilously low, she's basically only usable due to her ult. And the stealth is only useful because she has that Ult.

Ults rarely work on experienced players, when you hear the cry out you just run away. If enemy has an instant cast you stay separated a bit so it cant get you all at once.
    well... that is just false, literally every game that is remotely close is decided by ults. Even now.
    You don't use your ults when the enemy can escape easily. If a soldier manages to flank you or combos his ult with another/speed boost etc. etc. you won't escape, you either kill him with focus fire, or you use D.Va. / Reinhardt to canel out his hitscan damage.

Mccree has basically one of the few ults you can easily escape/survive most of the time - but that's about it, D.Va too, but her Ult is used for zoning and herding anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-19 at 09:58 AM.

Going to say it's your first impression.
    Bastion's tankiness is a bit off since he's stationary in his turret mode. his heal pool can get obliterated by a couple key shots from an accurate player. OR if genji runs straight at him and pops their reflect. Bastion's self heal isn't bad, but isn't going to out heal incoming damage and can't be used when shooting.

Genji is a 200 hp gnat that bounces around. Since he isn't actually faster than other characters you can just learn how a genji will likely move and lead accordingly... unless you're on a hitscan dude and then you don't lead at all, just point and shoot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    well... that is just false, literally every game that is remotely close is decided by ults. Even now.
    You don't use your ults when the enemy can escape easily. If a soldier manages to flank you or combos his ult with another/speed boost etc. etc. you won't escape, you either kill him with focus fire, or you use D.Va. / Reinhardt to canel out his hitscan damage.

Mccree has basically one of the few ults you can easily escape/survive most of the time - but that's about it, D.Va too, but her Ult is used for zoning and herding anyway.
    I guess the assumption is that experienced players tend to find ways out. Like popping a movement skill to get out of Zarya/mei ults, neutralize reaper/phara ults, out right counter or CC players that have some prolonged effect, etc...

All the offensive oriented ults are rather easy to avoid and thus the user HAS to pair the usage of ult with something like superior positioning/flank or multiple player ults going off together.

edit: funniest thing i've seen so far in a match was a phara rise up, shout "JUSTICE...." as she fell cause the other team's Widowmaker blew her head off. That widowmaker was beast...did it like 3 times.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2016-11-19 at 11:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's absolutely that you're new and don't know what you're doing yet. Bastion is widely considered to be nearly useless in competitive play. He's far too easy to play around and his immobility makes him an easy target.

Rank /= skill. And it doesn't start newbies in at the ground floor of the matchmaking system, it throws you into the middle, and figures out where you should be by seeing how you do. As it gets more data, it'll get better.
    I'm fairly sure when they described the QP matchmaking process that they did mention that they did keep brand new players together, rather than thrown them in with more experienced players. Now I guess that there are thresholds of tolerance where the queues would be simply too ridiculous for them not to (especially when grouped), and there's the question as to how long you're defined as 'brand new'; but he is probably right, in that he shouldn't really being put into matches with multi-prestige level players.

My friend just got the game (level 16-17 atm), and spectating him he is playing with people sub-30 level so I'm pretty sure it should mostly be working this way. When I group with him, it's more the sort of mix I'm used to with multi-star players.

Friend of mine is trying it over the weekend and it was new vs new. When I joined him matchmaking looked for another group that had a experienced player and new one in a group.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, so now I can't even catch anybody with anything because they charge so much slower. I feel like I should have spent my money on something else now. All this focus on aiming when people are ADHD jumping circles around me doesn't feel very good.

Yeah, so now I can't even catch anybody with anything because they charge so much slower. I feel like I should have spent my money on something else now. All this focus on aiming when people are ADHD jumping circles around me doesn't feel very good.
    You can ask for your money back, sorry but this is a fps game and you either learn to aim or you go play other games. That may not be what you want to hear but the good news is with enough practice you will be able to aim just fine, in fact I suggest learning how to aim because over half the games out there in NA are games that require aiming guns.

Well you can learn to master winston, mei, and symmetra (who's primary fire doesn't really require precise aim) or maybe Torbjorn but you'd be using his turret mainly.

OR

load up the 1v6 Ana party and make it headshot only. A few rounds of that and I was starting to be able to snatch bad pharah's out of the sky with Hanzo. Ana was recommended to me cause she doens't really do damage with the headshot only rule applied and you have to get good or the match is going to last forever.

it's good training for hanzo and widow headshots. other aim heavy heroes take a little more patience due to not dishing uot insta kills that the multiple ana's heal through.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I don't like the new meta either. TTK is down the drain and so much damage is flying around that some heroes feel horrible to play again.
    Even Rein-shields get blasted in a second or two.
    D.Va got overbuffed, so did Soldier... and then on other side of the coin - Sombra doesn't fit in because her damage output is ridicilously low, she's basically only usable due to her ult. And the stealth is only useful because she has that Ult.

You can run from soldier just fine, you just have to get there before he kills you and since he doesn't hit everyone at once if he is targeting you first then yeah, most likely dead but the rest of your team should have time to kill him or run for cover. Regardless you know the soldier ult is coming and you should be near something you can dodge behind around those times to save your butt.
    McCree, soldier, Diva, Junkrat can all be run from, in the least you can mitigate the damage to your team by seeking shelter, just like Torb's ult.
    Those who have instant applied damage get shot down before they can do too much, especially pharah as she is immobile while using it.
    One to worry about is Bastion but at high mmr he rarely gets played.
    Mei, Reinhardt, Zarya have instant CC but as long as you stay spread out you should be fine.
    Tracer and Gengi ults can be really good but a player has to be really good at them, gengi in particular can clear a room but again, only if they are really good at it.
    The other ults are pretty non-lethal. Winstons is more of an annoyance and big shouting distraction than lethal.
    Yes ults can decide a game near the end but there are many ways to deal with them as you mentioned. As for the end of the game, well save your ult for the end just like the other team does and it pretty much cancels each other out.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's bothered me since the patch is that no matter where I go and what I do, I feel surrounded. Between Tracer blinking everywhere, Sombra sneaking around, Genji being Genji, and apparently ten times more Widows, I never feel safe. The game stopped being fun when I'm just dying over and over.

Deleted
    You can run from soldier just fine, you just have to get there before he kills you and since he doesn't hit everyone at once if he is targeting you first then yeah, most likely dead but the rest of your team should have time to kill him or run for cover. Regardless you know the soldier ult is coming and you should be near something you can dodge behind around those times to save your butt.
    McCree, soldier, Diva, Junkrat can all be run from, in the least you can mitigate the damage to your team by seeking shelter, just like Torb's ult.
    Those who have instant applied damage get shot down before they can do too much, especially pharah as she is immobile while using it.
    One to worry about is Bastion but at high mmr he rarely gets played.
    Mei, Reinhardt, Zarya have instant CC but as long as you stay spread out you should be fine.
    Tracer and Gengi ults can be really good but a player has to be really good at them, gengi in particular can clear a room but again, only if they are really good at it.
    The other ults are pretty non-lethal. Winstons is more of an annoyance and big shouting distraction than lethal.
    Yes ults can decide a game near the end but there are many ways to deal with them as you mentioned. As for the end of the game, well save your ult for the end just like the other team does and it pretty much cancels each other out.
    I think it's silly that you assume people use their ults at the worst time possible.

Even if Zarya's only gets 3, it's a team wipe, same with Soldiers etc. etc. You can't win a 3v5 or 3v6.
    Same with Reins, same with Genji's.
    Good/higher MMR ults get speedboostet and synced. Overwatch is all about ult vs ult, who gets his ulter faster and who counters which ult. You can't just play around them and be like "oh they have ult, so we are not allowed to move together anymore" - you had to bait them out because they are *that* dangerous and if you play spread out in fear of Zarya and Rein for most of the game, what chances do you have to get the point/payload as attackers.
    Half of current's and old meta ults are support and CC, the other ults (offensive ones) are always used together with them, unless you can be sure to get some kills or to counter an ult that would otherwise rip you apart.

Saying that ults don't work on experienced players is just weird...it isn't reflected in the game at all.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-19 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    What's bothered me since the patch is that no matter where I go and what I do, I feel surrounded. Between Tracer blinking everywhere, Sombra sneaking around, Genji being Genji, and apparently ten times more Widows, I never feel safe. The game stopped being fun when I'm just dying over and over.
    First two thoughts is this is either a positioning problem on your part, or a lack of teamwork overall letting flankers pick your team apart one by one. However Winston gounters Genji, Sombra and widow while not sucking against tracer. If you don't have one, try playing him. It might change your experience up quite a bit.