Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Yeah but I really don't care to see the constant wall crawling in battle, it not only looks dumb to constantly be doing but I really don't care for that playstyle. Up and fire, up and fire, up and fire. Why? It's harder for players to track vertical movement as opposed to horizontal.
    I wouldn't constantly do it of course, but it gives you another option to get picks which is what his character is about.

Honestly believe PTR Hanzo is really strong.

Deleted
    Another game, another victory, 3870 MMR now. Only 130 to go for grandmaster.

We completely crushed our opponents on Eichenwalde, held the first point keeping them from getting any cap what so ever, and then capping enough to win within two minutes. Interestingly enough the opponents were running a widowmaker on attack, and she wasn't bad, she got play of the game head-shotting two people while in the air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Yeah but I really don't care to see the constant wall crawling in battle, it not only looks dumb to constantly be doing but I really don't care for that playstyle. Up and fire, up and fire, up and fire. Why? It's harder for players to track vertical movement as opposed to horizontal.
    Yeah, this is like 98% of the reason why people cry about Pharah and Genji.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Whatever your thoughts, it doesn't justify half the team switching up the moment you pick her.
    Well..

You could always just.. like .. stop playing a shit champ like Widow and while you're at it.. stop making your daily/weekly whine treads/comments about your favorite champ?
    For Widow to be uselfull you HAVE to pick off at least 2 enemy's before every fight to turn the fight into your favor.
    If you were a reaper/soldier/roadhog you would only have to kill 1 enemy to turn the fight into your favor as your on the point making a differnce.
    You not being on the point makes it a 5v6, you taking out 1 enemy makes it a 5v5. All you're doing is making the fight equal after you fucked your own team by going a sniper on KoTH maps.
    You have no useful ults on the point (talking bout KoTH).
    You have no impact on the point.
    You are not there to capture it and are extremely weak when you are closer.

You'd be better being a 6/10 soldier then a 8/10 widow.
    But lets be honest, with the amount of moaning you do you are probably a 5/10 widow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orisa has some nice datamined voice lines

she remembers Doomfist killing her

I dont know how to feel knowing that kind of information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Well..

You could always just.. like .. stop playing a shit champ like Widow and while you're at it.. stop making your daily/weekly whine treads/comments about your favorite champ?
    For Widow to be uselfull you HAVE to pick off at least 2 enemy's before every fight to turn the fight into your favor.
    If you were a reaper/soldier/roadhog you would only have to kill 1 enemy to turn the fight into your favor as your on the point making a differnce.
    You not being on the point makes it a 5v6, you taking out 1 enemy makes it a 5v5. All you're doing is making the fight equal after you fucked your own team by going a sniper on KoTH maps.
    You have no useful ults on the point (talking bout KoTH).
    You have no impact on the point.
    You are not there to capture it and are extremely weak when you are closer.

You'd be better being a 6/10 soldier then a 8/10 widow.
    But lets be honest, with the amount of moaning you do you are probably a 5/10 widow.
    Well, seems like it's you I'm complaining about, not the hero.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well, seems like it's you I'm complaining about, not the hero.
    I'm not the person 99% of the playerbase hates That'd be you :P But keep playing that Widow and be useless. I love to play winston and smack some widow's around .

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to implement something for teams when someone leaves. Throw us a bot
    or something. Because 5 v 6 is 99% of the time an automatic win for the other team,
    and its bullshit that you lose SR because of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    or something. Because 5 v 6 is 99% of the time an automatic win for the other team,
    Honestly I would love to see a filler bot get added when someone leaves. Even if the damn thing just soaks up a few bullets and sits on point it would be infinitely more useful and less punishing for the people left on the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Honestly I would love to see a filler bot get added when someone leaves. Even if the damn thing just soaks up a few bullets and sits on point it would be infinitely more useful and less punishing for the people left on the team.
    I could see people maybe being unhappy at higher tiers about the bot just giving free ult charge to the enemy team. I'm not sure if that is worse than playing an entire man down, but I also don't play games at a level where that might be an issue. Ultimately I feel like "well, you were probably going to lose anyway so who cares" but it's still something worth evaluating.

Has Blizzard finished AI for all the heroes yet? I know in custom games there's still a lot you can't put in bot versions of. Maybe that's something they will try once they're all ready.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    imo if you have a leaver in your team and you lose, you should lose like 50% less or sth like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    imo if you have a leaver in your team and you lose, you should lose like 50% less or sth like that
    I think the reason they don't have something like this in place is to prevent people from exploiting it. It would be really easy for a premade group to take turns leaving games they knew they were going to lose so they could get a reduction in SR loss overall while preventing their leaver penalties from adding up too fast.

That's why I suggested something where like the first game a day where you experience a leaver doesn't take away any SR. It's hard to exploit since it can literally only happen once a day, and for the average player who probably doesn't put in a ton of hours and probably only sees one or two leaver games a day, it would be a huge positive impact. Of course that doesn't help people who put in a ton of time much.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

So far so good, wish I had a team to rank up... seems like im just stuck but I know my talents are better than most I play with...

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I wouldn't constantly do it of course, but it gives you another option to get picks which is what his character is about.

Honestly believe PTR Hanzo is really strong.
    I already see people doing the climb fire routine outside of ptr so when it does go live they will be ready for it.

And as far as pharah goes she also adds extended range to the verticality, removing her from the threat of half the character list and few ranged characters who can deal with her on a regular basis, of which if your team focuses that 1 or 2 enemies who can counter pharah your pharah can run rampant on the rest of the opposing team. I want to see another flying jet pack character who can focus on aerial combat against her.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

I quit when Legion launched. I remember Overwatch as an entertaining and competitive game; however to me was it also exhausting to play game.

Deleted
    Not really, picking off say Mercy, Ana, or S76 before fight even starts you're doing very much your job and even more. If the team is really 100% reliant on one single DPS having to pick off third of the enemy team before even fighting, they don't deserve to get carried by said single DPS. And if the you're still hitting constant body shots a la 120 damage after that pick, you're probably ending up doing more damage in the actual fight and many S76s.

6/10 S76 is one of the most useless picks in the game at least on higher levels. Yea, you're pumping out some okay damage, but you're not killing anything. Maybe works on the gold where it sounds by your comments you're playing at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    I quit when Legion launched. I remember Overwatch as an entertaining and competitive game; however to me was it also exhausting to play game.
    It's exhausting if you take it too seriously. Kinda like hardcore raiding in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jaystopplays View Post
    So far so good, wish I had a team to rank up... seems like im just stuck but I know my talents are better than most I play with...
    It's actually a lot harder to rank up in a "team", unless you're worse than the rest of them, meaning the game will more or less try to balance your SR with the others in the long run. When you queue with 4+ people your rank gains start to plummet and hard. You actually pretty much need to win 2 games for every lost one to keep ranking up. And that is while you're also facing a lot of 4+ premades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Not really, picking off say Mercy, Ana, or S76 before fight even starts you're doing very much your job and even more. If the team is really 100% reliant on one single DPS having to pick off third of the enemy team before even fighting, they don't deserve to get carried by said single DPS. And if the you're still hitting constant body shots a la 120 damage after that pick, you're probably ending up doing more damage in the actual fight and many S76s.

6/10 S76 is one of the most useless picks in the game at least on higher levels. Yea, you're pumping out some okay damage, but you're not killing anything. Maybe works on the gold where it sounds by your comments you're playing at.

- - - Updated - - -

It's exhausting if you take it too seriously. Kinda like hardcore raiding in WoW.
    I disagree with every single point you mentioned.
    Even if the Widow picks off 1 person (mercy) its still a 5v5 on the point, you are not giving your team a "better" fight.
    If that person picked McCree/Soldier/Genji/Tracer instead of a Widow and picked off a mercy it would be a 6v5 on the point giving your team a much higher chance of winning.
    Add the ultimate's for those 4 champions being actually useful and its a very easy choice.

Also a Widow is easily countered, 1 Winston (that is in most KoTH maps) destroys her in a second and then jumps back into the fight.

A Widow can work anywhere, but the Widow needs to be amazing. And you don't find those widows in leagues that are lower then Masters.
    The Widow I was talking to: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/care.../Jessicka-1960
    Is really not that kind of Widow (played Widow 142 hours):

Critical Hit Accuracy 11%
    Eliminations per Life 2.09
    Weapon Accuracy 37%

Win Percentage 32%
    Last edited by mmoc8b9477f07c; 2017-05-11 at 08:30 AM.

I disagree with every single point you mentioned.
    Even if the Widow picks off 1 person (mercy) its still a 5v5 on the point, you are not giving your team a "better" fight.
    If that person picked McCree/Soldier/Genji/Tracer instead of a Widow and picked off a mercy it would be a 6v5 on the point giving your team a much higher chance of winning.
    Add the ultimate's for those 4 champions being actually useful and its a very easy choice.

Also a Widow is easily countered, 1 Winston (that is in most KoTH maps) destroys her in a second and then jumps back into the fight.

A Widow can work anywhere, but the Widow needs to be amazing. And you don't find those widows in leagues that are lower then Masters.
    The Widow I was talking to: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/care.../Jessicka-1960
    Is really not that kind of Widow (played Widow 142 hours):

Critical Hit Accuracy 11%
    Eliminations per Life 2.09
    Weapon Accuracy 37%

Win Percentage 32%
    It's not a 5v6 because you're assuming she does absolutely nothing after getting that pick on the Mercy, which means you're up on healing btw which generally means you can cap, she's still shooting at people and providing pressure which the dead Mercy or whoever she killed doesn't, even just flinging shots at a Roadhog means he's under pressure, etc.

A Widowmaker doing what Janz said on offense on maps like King's Row means you almost always cap the fight unless everyone else is imcompetent and don't know how to capitalize, which is where you should be picking her, I don't think anyone is going to argue her viability on KotH.

Also a Winston jumping a Widowmaker means he's also away from the point which means Widowmaker just took a ton of pressure away from your squad which should also help with capping.

Deleted
    Reached Diamond now and my interest in playing has dwindled, probably need a break or move onto another competitive game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    It's not a 5v6 because you're assuming she does absolutely nothing after getting that pick on the Mercy, which means you're up on healing btw which generally means you can cap, she's still shooting at people and providing pressure which the dead Mercy or whoever she killed doesn't, even just flinging shots at a Roadhog means he's under pressure, etc.

A Widowmaker doing what Janz said on offense on maps like King's Row means you almost always cap the fight unless everyone else is imcompetent and don't know how to capitalize, which is where you should be picking her, I don't think anyone is going to argue her viability on KotH.

Also a Winston jumping a Widowmaker means he's also away from the point which means Widowmaker just took a ton of pressure away from your squad which should also help with capping.
    A Widow maker I was talking to with Weapon Accuracy 37% (its 19% in QP btw) and Eliminations per Life 2.09 is really not providing any pressure.
    as I said, if you are a good Widow it can work out and you can smash it, totally turn every team fight by getting picks.
    This guy hardly does, his accuracy is low, his picks are low and really does fuck all for his team.

Also please bear in mind I said KoTH maps multiple times in my post (which kings row isn't).

That Winston will kill the Widow within seconds then just jump back. The most she has done is bought the team a 5 second window were the fight was 5v5 before it was turned into a 5v6 with a winston with 50% ult charge being back in the fight.

Again, I don't mind good Widow's. I am just saying that 99% of the Widow's aren't good. They are shit, burdens for the team and overall just selfish players that make their team lose because they want to play the "purple hot lady with the big gun".