Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    Sorry I'm not interested in placating to a child who needs to for a specific answer to be appeased. But please, increase your meaningless post count by complaining about complainers.
    That's not how this works. If you're going to come into a thread to bash it by saying it's unbalanced, you should by all means have reasons it's unbalanced. You most certainly shouldn't just claim it and just proceed to say "It's unbalanced as a game" without yet again, any situations of this except generic statements. That's the equivalent of basically admitting you're wrong, but you don't want to accept that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving the game, but I can feel myself becoming that which I hate. Instead of ignoring people who talk shit I have found myself slowly arguing against them but with harsher words @_@ Excluding that little bit the game is amazing and I love it! Almost level 90

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    yea but looking at the opposite results -- isn't it so awesome when your team can make that final attack/defense in the last few seconds to secure the victory??? lol
    True, true. Confirmation always makes things look worse than they really are.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    That all you have to add? The game, as a whole, isn't balanced. Not even close to being so.
    There's a counter to everything and I don't feel like either one hero is that overpowered that it ruins the entire experience.

My only real issues are Hanzo his arrow hitbox, cheese aimbot/wallhack ultimates and Torbjörn his turrets their aim+fire speed (+ it should not have 360° range).

The only thing that is imbalanced is their weird ass matchmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's not how this works. If you're going to come into a thread to bash it by saying it's unbalanced, you should by all means have reasons it's unbalanced.
    I'm going to stop you right there. I gave general things I thought about the game was unbalanced. It wasn't "specific" enough to appease the one person. Is that my problem? No. Does not being specific make those opinions any less invalid? Absolutely not. Am I surprised that the two people being needlessly confrontational and dictating arbitrary qualifications for discussing opinions correctly mainly post in forums where people are needlessly confrontational and dictate arbitrary qualifications for discussing opinions correctly? Not at all.

Instead of looking for an argument or complaining about people "complaining", perhaps it's better to just run with what you get instead of getting mad that someone isn't spoon feeding you the discussion... like this gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    There's a counter to everything and I don't feel like either one hero is that overpowered that it ruins the entire experience.
    Like I said, counters =/= imbalance. Heroes aren't overpowered as much as some heroes aspects are broken (like Hanzo's Arrows) or underpowered that it makes other heroes seem overpowered. It's hard to argue that Symmetra is balanced as a support compared to Mercy/Lucio, and even Zenyatta, to a point where (like I eluded to), she should be reclassified as she currently is.
    Last edited by Monstercloud; 2016-06-28 at 09:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I'm surprisingly going more and more towards a 60+% winrate

Like I said, counters =/= imbalance. Heroes aren't overpowered as much as some heroes aspects are broken (like Hanzo's Arrows) or underpowered that it makes other heroes seem overpowered. It's hard to argue that Symmetra is balanced as a support compared to Mercy/Lucio, and even Zenyatta, to a point where (like I eluded to), she should be reclassified as she currently is.
    The game is inbalanced because Symmetra is classified as a support.. eh

FTR she is a support.
    Her turrets are low damage that you can class as defense class. The slow and alert to an enemy is supportive to setting up a kill or telling you a ganker tried to flank.
    Her shield is a support feature
    Her teleport is a support feature. If I was gauging support her teleport is the absolute pinnacle of supporting the team.

People seem to think if a class doesn't heal they're not support.... Wrong.
    At best the ONLY thing that sets her up to be anything but support is her turrets. That's because people are drawing comparison to Torb as if her turrets are anything near the capacity his is.
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-06-28 at 10:30 AM.

im fine. and I cant wait for more heroes ♡

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    The game is inbalanced because Symmetra is classified as a support.. eh
    I gave an example there chief - Symmetra isn't the sole reason.

Her turrets are low damage that you can class as defense class. The slow and alert to an enemy is supportive to setting up a kill or telling you a ganker tried to flank.
    Low damage, easy to kill, and can only carry 3 at a time. Also I don't know what new maps you're playing on, but the spacing of "alternative paths" are incredibly small. I don't know about you, but using the turrets as a "warning system" when you're the only one that can see them attacking/getting destroyed, doesn't seem incredibly useful, especially compared to Widow/Hanzo's respective abilities.

Her shield is a support feature
    An INCREDIBLY weak shield. 25 Shield is no where near enough to be an effective buffer. on heroes that have no base shield of their own, and those that do... eh? It's a bit extra, but again it's a drop in the pool. The only hero that benefits it really is Zenyatta, and that's solely because he's arguably the squishiest, most easy to kill hero in the game.

Her teleport is a support feature. If I was gauging support her teleport is the absolute pinnacle of supporting the team.
    That's just about her ONLY support feature that carries it's weight, but there's still a couple problems with it. Map design can make it near impossible to place it where it won't immediately get destroyed (Because the turrets certainly aren't going to protect it). No way to gain charges of the teleporter, or even destroy the teleporter yourself so you can start recharging your ult sooner.

People seem to think if a class doesn't heal they're not support.... Wrong.
    No, the way she "supports" is objectively inferior to other supports. Her shields are weak, her ult is neither proactive or reactionary, her turrets are made of paper. It could be argued that Torb's armor does a better job supporting the team than her shields.

At best the ONLY thing that sets her up to be anything but support is her turrets. That's because people are drawing comparison to Torb as if her turrets are anything near the capacity his is.
    Torb's turret are easy to take down too, especially if it's not upgraded. Also, that beam weapon of Symmetras is equally (perhaps more) devastating than Torb's gun.

Reclassified to what??? She doesn't fit any other "class" they have listed.

Not to mention, I've heard the whole "doesn't fit this class" argument with numerous heroes; I feel like they should just eliminate classes altogether that way no one complains about support, defense or offense. Just pick your heroes and play the game =]

10+ Year Old Account

Not to mention, I've heard the whole "doesn't fit this class" argument with numerous heroes; I feel like they should just eliminate classes altogether that way no one complains about support, defense or offense. Just pick your heroes and play the game =]
    She should be in the defense category based on her toolkit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    She should be in the defense category based on her toolkit.
    Her toolkit of a Teleport, Shields, and Slowing-Turrets? How are those not support?

I honestly had to stop because I was getting tired of the bullshit match making in Quick Match and just waiting for Ranked mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Perhaps, but that doesn't somehow break or "imbalance" the game. It's just meaningless shit to nitpick about.
    Well yeah, but what else are we going to do on a Tuesday morning? It'll be interesting to see how things shake out when new heroes start to roll out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Her toolkit of a Teleport, Shields, and Slowing-Turrets? How are those not support?
    I get where you're coming from, but i's her lack of heals that really grind my gears. I know the classification isn't healers, but she's the only hero in that category that doesn't heal.

How could she not fit with defense? Giving health "buffs" to other heroes isn't exclusive to support, and she has turrets of her own. A buff to turrets would make her even more suited for defense. As it is though, her shields are almost pointless and her ult is questionable (as it still requires people to actually use it)

How could she not fit with defense? Giving health "buffs" to other heroes isn't exclusive to support, and she has turrets of her own. A buff to turrets would make her even more suited for defense. As it is though, her shields are almost pointless and her ult is questionable (as it still requires people to actually use it)
    I agree she would fit better under defense than support, but how does changing the text under her name affect gameplay/balance issues?

I gave an example there chief - Symmetra isn't the sole reason.

Low damage, easy to kill, and can only carry 3 at a time. Also I don't know what new maps you're playing on, but the spacing of "alternative paths" are incredibly small. I don't know about you, but using the turrets as a "warning system" when you're the only one that can see them attacking/getting destroyed, doesn't seem incredibly useful, especially compared to Widow/Hanzo's respective abilities.
    There's this thing called a microphone. When you play in a team it works wonders for communicating. "Oh BTW my turrets down the left flank just died; someone/all of them are flanking". Sorry if you play solo

An INCREDIBLY weak shield. 25 Shield is no where near enough to be an effective buffer. on heroes that have no base shield of their own, and those that do... eh? It's a bit extra, but again it's a drop in the pool. The only hero that benefits it really is Zenyatta, and that's solely because he's arguably the squishiest, most easy to kill hero in the game.
    Really don't care about arguing how strong or weak it is, just simply that it is a support ability.

That's just about her ONLY support feature that carries it's weight, but there's still a couple problems with it. Map design can make it near impossible to place it where it won't immediately get destroyed (Because the turrets certainly aren't going to protect it). No way to gain charges of the teleporter, or even destroy the teleporter yourself so you can start recharging your ult sooner.
    No it's not her only support ability

No, the way she "supports" is objectively inferior to other supports. Her shields are weak, her ult is neither proactive or reactionary, her turrets are made of paper. It could be argued that Torb's armor does a better job supporting the team than her shields.
    Again I really don't care about discussing how strong or weak she is, I'm disagreeing with what class you put her in.

All 3 of her abilities are support ones. Pretty simple what class she is.
    Torb's armour is better than hers 1v1. Except Torb:

1. Needs to kill and/or retrieve scrap. When you're defending on the backfoot there is NO scrap to get without ending your own life.
    2. Can't spam it
    3. Has to be picked up
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-06-28 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    The leaver system is completely retarded. I leave games after they end and I'm closing in on the leaver penalty. Amazing coding prowess there. Apparently I'm supposed to sit through the completely pointless and useless PotG and card screens too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The leaver system is completely retarded. I leave games after they end and I'm closing in on the leaver penalty. Amazing coding prowess there.
    Report it? I usually leave games after the victory/defeat comes up. Never gotten a leaver penalty for that

10+ Year Old Account
    Those shields aren't useless, for most Heroes it's over 10% more health, and often the difference between being 1 shot and getting away. Her ultimate is not by any stretch 'questionable' on defence of Point A or Checkpoints 1 and 2.

Really, it's only for the time being, while she's the only 1 of 4 characters that works this way that people think this is somehow wrong or a problem. She really does not fit in Defence, quite simply because more of her kit is Support than it is Defence.