Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Germany sees rise in right-wing violence

Violent, politically-motivated crime in Germany with a right-wing motive rose more than 40 percent last year, according to annual crime statistics released Monday. Authorities recorded 1,485 such crimes in 2015, up from 1,029 the previous year, reported The Associated Press.

Politically motivated crimes by members of hard-left and right groups rose almost 20 percent, the data revealed, with almost 40,000 criminal reports made.

Monday's statistics revealed the highest figures since 2001, when the German government began publishing separate statistics about politically motivated crime.

German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere said the sharp rise was "threatening social development" in the country.

Offenses targeting homes for asylum seekers more than quadrupled to 923, with acts of violence against those homes increasing to 177 from 26 the previous year.

Twenty politically-motivated attempted homicides were committed, which included attacks on several refugee accommodation centers. Previously, Germany's police chief has spoken of his fears of rising anti-refugee violence.

Crime up generally

Germany saw more than 1.1 million refugees claim asylum in 2015, more than any other European country. While many Germans have welcomed those fleeing war and persecution, there has been strong opposition from a vocal minority, and concerns over increasing anti-foreigner violence.

Violent crimes by the far-right have risen since the migrant crisis

The data also revealed that 402,741 people foreigners failed to register with authorities last year, more than doubling from 156,396 the previous year.

The Interior Ministry said there was an even bigger increase in the broader category of "hate crimes," which includes offenses that are of a racist or anti-Semitic nature or that target people because of their religion. They rose 77 percent to 10,373 from 5,858 the previous year.

Complaints of rape and sexual assault have fallen, along with the number of sexual offenses against children.

In total, more than 6.3 million crimes of all types were reported. Germany remains a comparatively safe country, but de Maiziere said there were alarming trends in crimes by foreigners and burglaries.
    http://www.dw.com/en/germany-sees-ri...nce/a-19277858

This is getting to be really worrying. I visited Germany earlier this year but would hesitate to visit again if this trend continues.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMFG, are you seriously not going to visit Germany anymore?

What the fuck are they going to do without you? You need to think about the people who live there and need you Tennisace.

Politically motivated crimes by members of hard-left and right groups
    You seem to have forgotten something in the title.

Anyways, yea. Migrants in Europe are out of control this is a natural response. Is this supposed to be shocking news?

But the part you bolded literally says left and right wing violence has increased? Sad! I will not be visiting Germany either!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

What the fuck are they going to do without you? You need to think about the people who live there and need you Tennisace.
    Yeah I get why you're disappointed in these statistics man but can you really justify dooming a country over them? :/

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

This is getting to be really worrying. I visited Germany earlier this year but would hesitate to visit again if this trend continues.
    I wonder why you mention only right wing when the text mentions left and right?

7+ Year Old Account

why would he ever leave the paradise known as Canada?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobrogost View Post
    Yeah I get why you're disappointed in these statistics man but can you really justify dooming a country over them? :/
    Seriously, a Germany without a vacation visit from Tennisace, is a Germany that's dying inside.

Tennisace, you need to think about the people you're hurting. What kind of a man are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    The article's title is right wing violence rises. The OP is just keeping the article as is.

15+ Year Old Account

Zooming in to Alexanderplatz on Google Maps does not count as visiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Because it's tennisball and they wanted you to ask this question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actual hate crimes and violence are of course bad, but the real danger is if there's a corresponding increase in political extremism, with a movement towards more extreme candidates with dangerous ideologies.

Of course, I wouldn't know anything about that being in the US during this campaign season.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The article's title is right wing violence rises. The OP is just keeping the article as is.
    Ah well.. i guess it is fair if right wing violence goes up 40% and the combined 20% but it just feels like they should mention both.

You are aware that Germany has a population of 80 million people right? Even the 10,373 cases out of 6.3 million is 0.16% of total crime. Like unless you actively go out of your way to find these incidents you'd struggle to find any such instances.

And it's hardly a reason to not visit Germany either. They, like everybody, have always had various factions who commit such crimes but it's hardly common occurance.

7+ Year Old Account
    No kidding, they have taken over a million MENA migrants in the last couple years.

10+ Year Old Account

Any increase in violence anywhere is bad. The increase isn't that high in absolute terms though, even if it has risen steeply in relative terms. It would be an issue if it continues to rise though.

Quite surprising that the complaints of rape and sexual assault are down, though. Wouldn't have guessed it by the feedback on this forum.

10+ Year Old Account

It's not just me. I convinced several people to visit and we also shopped while we were there. It adds up.

So, you clickbaited your title because you wanted to keep the clickbaityness?

Deleted
    Cool - So its not you that has a biased angle, its the original article.
    still why not change it.

Every thread this guy posts is a 15 paragraph copy and paste from a news site with a one line of his original text. Bro, we know what CNN is. We know what Fox News is. We can find this shit on our own.