Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MogCollector.com - A website built to help transmog collectors

Hey everyone,

A few months ago, when I started collecting gear in preparation for the Legion transmog system I built a tool to help determine which of my items were duplicates to free up bag space. That has transformed into a site that can do much more for anyone that is a completionist like me: MogCollector.com

This site can be used to track appearances you have unlocked and can assist in finding those you still need, in preparation for the Legion Wardrobe feature.

Features:
    • Overview by slot and zone [img]
    • Appearance listing & filtering by slot, zone, boss, source, etc [img]
    • Missing appearance auction search

Planned features:
    • Item set tracking
    • Raid/dungeon difficulty filters

How to get started
    1. Go to the Register page and sign up for an account.
    2. Download and install the MogCollector ItemCollector addon. This mod is used to gather a list of appearances you have collected.
    3. Log in to each character you wish to scan.
    4. Go to the data uploader page and follow the instructions to upload the generated saved variables file. This process may take awhile, depending on how much data needs to be imported.

Feedback
    I would very much appreciate any feedback or suggestions for the site, or if you find any bugs (with the site or addon) or issues with items/sources. Please let me know what you think!

I hope you find this tool as useful as I have. Have fun collecting!
    Last edited by tritus; 2016-08-04 at 08:16 PM.

Straight up feedback is that I don't want to register just to use the tool. Have you considered a way to let people use it without registration?

It's just laziness for me, really, but a lot of people don't like to keep track of too many accounts, don't trust signing up to certain websites, are just lazy like me, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    If perhaps you could implement a tool to check blizzard database by character to check what they have unlocked (quest rewards only obviously). maybe add this feature without login/register as data is freely available on blizz API (or whatever it's called).

Quote Originally Posted by Seifross View Post
    Straight up feedback is that I don't want to register just to use the tool. Have you considered a way to let people use it without registration?

It's just laziness for me, really, but a lot of people don't like to keep track of too many accounts, don't trust signing up to certain websites, are just lazy like me, etc.
    I'd definitely like to make it available without forcing people to register, but the amount of information a user could get without uploading anything would be pretty minimal.

If there's enough demand down the road I'll look into doing a registration-less upload, so you can view your data in a single browsing session. But, for now, I'm going to be spending dev time adding features to the site and prepping for 7.0.

That said, registration is pretty simple and secure (just an email address), and if anyone wants to check out what is available on the site without registering, PM me and I'll send along a test account.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how easy it is to use honestly just log in open all my bags and make sure it scanned with the /mcc then upload and check what was duplicated. was rather surprised when i saw duplicates i thought i had gotten rid of def appreciate the work your putting into this not sure if you've considered a simple ui panel where you can just hit the button to run the /mcc or the /mcc gb , /mcc gbclear ect may make it smoother in the future depending on the features you may end up adding

would agree with what urok said not sure if thats something you are also considering adding or not.
    Pokemon X/Y & ORAS Friend Code: 0791-3189-0475
    BNET: Valefire#11460 - Twitter: @Valefire7

Quote Originally Posted by Valefire View Post
    I like how easy it is to use honestly just log in open all my bags and make sure it scanned with the /mcc then upload and check what was duplicated. was rather surprised when i saw duplicates i thought i had gotten rid of def appreciate the work your putting into this not sure if you've considered a simple ui panel where you can just hit the button to run the /mcc or the /mcc gb , /mcc gbclear ect may make it smoother in the future depending on the features you may end up adding

would agree with what urok said not sure if thats something you are also considering adding or not.
    I may add a (very simple) UI with the 7.0 version of the mod (would probably just be limited to a list of scanned characters with the ability to clear them out individually).

I've got to say, I was wary about signing up for yet another online thing but I gave in last night and even though I have mogit and legion wardobe installed this was for me the easiest way to see whats duplicated and delete stuff and actually get bag space back. The fact that it's online was something I thought was a problem but in reality its awesome, I can easily check zones or dungeons for the most missing gear and decide to hit that area when I do finally get to play, I get to plan ahead at what's going to be most effective for me during lunch or while I'm on the train instead of wasting precious game time. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

I grabbed the addon but I seem to be having trouble finding the ItemCollector.lua
    I have stuff in there for my other addons but can't find the one i want. Could it be because i'm playing in 32bit? or do i need to restart WoW after having scanned?

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    I grabbed the addon but I seem to be having trouble finding the ItemCollector.lua
    I have stuff in there for my other addons but can't find the one i want. Could it be because i'm playing in 32bit? or do i need to restart WoW after having scanned?
    Did you scan your bags? Are you looking in the right place for the file if you did scan? When you go to the upload part it tells you exactly where to find it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dashaus View Post
    Did you scan your bags? Are you looking in the right place for the file if you did scan? When you go to the upload part it tells you exactly where to find it.

Yah, turns out that the .lua didn't popup until after I turned WoW off.

Yah, turns out that the .lua didn't popup until after I turned WoW off.
    Weird

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi. Thanks for this. This sounds like your tool is the warcraft pet of transmog, or the warcraft mount of transmog. If so I really thank you for this.

From what I've seen, the collection is stored account wide, not on your character like some other collections.
    -Is your tool showing every single gear missing overall ? (not on a specific char)
    -Is there a way to exclude retired BOP items quickly ?
    -Is there a way to make it work through the API, without having to upload anything ?
    -Curious how you got your item database, did you made a loop from 1 to like 999999999 excluding null results so that you end up with a definite and accurate database ? With such tools those details are important, it's important to not miss a single item

thank you

Site and mod have (finally) been updated for 7.0

Quote Originally Posted by tritus View Post
    Site and mod have (finally) been updated for 7.0
    Awesome thank you for your work

15+ Year Old Account
    Testing it out, so far seems pretty nice. Perhaps adding an export to WoW function so that we can see what we're missing in game zones/dungeons/etc. Also, when I select a character on your site it doesn't change anything. Not sure if that's a bug, but ideally it would sort to only items that class can wear, including items that aren't that class's ideal item; ie using a paladin but showing agi cloak.

I keep getting this error when trying to register on your homepage

Is this site dead? Just discovered this mod, and I see the actual mod getting updated but the site has nothing for Legion content and apparently no updates for 10 months now.
    Last edited by Magally; 2017-06-23 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magally View Post
    Is this site dead? Just discovered this mod, and I see the actual mod getting updated but the site has nothing for Legion content and apparently no updates for 10 months now.
    Not sure, but there are quite a few other handy mods that compliment each other for Tmog farming.

Not sure, but there are quite a few other handy mods that compliment each other for Tmog farming.
    Yes, mods. The main draw here was a way to track and manage outside the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Magally View Post
    Yes, mods. The main draw here was a way to track and manage outside the game.
    Yeah I do get it, I tested out the website when the author released it in prep for Legion. I found that a few trusty addons and creating your own excel Tmog doc is simpler and a better way of tracking tmogs but, thats a biased view though. Also, i don't want to come off as if im shitting on the website tracking, its good if it works for you.