Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I rolled a premade a couple weeks ago as Arms. Didn't really care for the way it played so I just scrapped it. With the test for the Invasion, I copied my main over (since it's enabled) and played Fury. Felt so much better, so that's likely what I'll do. Sad that Single-Minded Fury is gone; hope that comes back in the future. Other than that, I enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Yeah, the decision to remove Gladiator spec in Legion almost stopped me buying it, a shame really as it was one of the only major successes of WoD lol.
    I agree with blizzard removing it from protection, but not from the game fully.

Considering the reason why glad stance got added in was because they believed WoW needed a S&B dps spec to fit that fantasy.

So what do they do in legion? An expansion where they keep on promoting class and spec fantasy? Remove S&B dps completely. What makes it even more sad is that blizzard stated in the warrior fantasy blog is that WoW warriors are heavily based off our ancient warriors, which mostly consisted of S&B warriors

"Warriors are thematically informed by our own history, dating back to ancient clashes when close-quarters, shield-and-sword combat was the backbone of battlefield strategy. Warriors in WoW are steeped in this tradition, with each specialization filling distinct niches."

#blizzlogic2016
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2016-06-18 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post

Considering the reason why glad stance got added in was because they believed WoW needed a S&B dps spec to fit that fantasy.

So what do they do in legion? An expansion where they keep on promoting class and spec fantasy? Remove S&B dps completely. What makes it even more sad is that blizzard stated in the warrior fantasy blog is that WoW warriors are heavily based off our ancient warriors, which mostly consisted of S&B warriors

"Warriors are thematically informed by our own history, dating back to ancient clashes when close-quarters, shield-and-sword combat was the backbone of battlefield strategy. Warriors in WoW are steeped in this tradition, with each specialization filling distinct niches."

#blizzlogic2016
    They made Prot viable in pvp and you can just tank, Glad stance took away people who would have been tanks.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post

So what do they do in legion? An expansion where they keep on promoting class and spec fantasy? Remove S&B dps completely.
    Yeah

I think the big problem was because the WoD tem half assed adding a fourth spec to Warriors, and took a shortcut by making it a talent to convert Prot into another spec instead of just adding that spec, it then meant that the Legion team would have needed to finish the job in order for their artifact system to work properly. And sadly they then took a shortcut and just cut the fourth spec which was pretty disgusting, imagine if they had decided to cut cat druids from the game to reduce their workload too, they would have been lynched lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Glad stance took away people who would have been tanks.
    Nope, the Warriors that used Glad spec were either ones who had always wanted a S&B DPS spec, or Fury players who were disillusioned by WoD Fury (Glad rotation was basically modified MoP Fury).

Struggling with the choice personally, waiting for tuning passes to decide, maybe some sims.

Biggest fear is having to switch after a bunch of artifact power farming

All I've really played since TBC is Protection Warrior. But I'm not a fan of the direction for Prot in Legion and I've finally decided to vote with my wallet and quit the game.

Not sure, I am torn between:

Druid Bear
    DH tank or
    Mage

I've mostly mained my fury warrior ever since pre dire maul days (when strat and scholo was raids) and that won't stop now i like doing all the quests etc on her.

So: Fury warrior it is.
    Mistweaver monk as alt.
    Doubt ill have time for a 3rd alt for a long time :3

Arms. The spec is so much more fluid now.

Been fury for most of the 10 years I played, always had arms for pvp, switched to arms when it out classed fury in cata, now that blizzard has been getting balance soooo close to each other, I am going arms no matter way, I hate fury, its clunky, I don't like the way enrage works now, I don't like how many procs it has, arms is so much more fluid and I feel the talents work very well to change it up, while furies talents almost make it feel worse unless you get so and so.

I was leaning towards Fury, but Arms is in some kind of sweet spot, I don't know. Seems more fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Swing swords while getting so angry that you catch on fire.
    I seriously just lol'ed at work.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm still pretty indecisive on this, because although i played a bit of both arms and fury on PTR, i have no idea how much better each spec feels with maxed out artifact weapons. So i feel like im guessing as to which one i want to play. From the PTR, im leaning more toward Fury, though, so i will probably start as Fury in Legion and build Arms offspec little by little.

Considering running both specs like i do now and just using arms specifically for moments where its advantageous to do so without having to waste time and resources switching talents in Fury. So, if i run a more ST focused Fury build, I'll have an extremely AOE focused Arms build with artifact talents leading more torward that, or Vice-versa depending on which spec seems it would do the job better.

I'm going Fury to start out. Then if Arms has a clear advantage in AOE/Cleave fights I may go Arms as offspec.. but if not ill do Prot for the fact you get groups in 2 seconds for stuff. Always good to have options for various roles in groups.

I will play almost all the classes and specs I have been playing. Protection pally and warrior, arms, fury, retribution and unholy warrior, paladin and dk. I will be playing guardian and feral druid. Rogue all three specs. Warlock affliction and demonology. I loved hunter in wod on back but I don't think I will play hunter much for legion. Survival seems ok but beast mastery and marksman are boring now for legion. I've played monk on the last two expansions but I don't think I will play it much in legion. I will be playing demon hunter dps and tank specs.

Even though im skeptical right now i will be maining windwalker monk and healing when i get bored of it. Either that or Havoc Demon Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Haven't tried any of them I'm very unsure. I have a weak sauce for Arms however (probably because it was my first spec I really played)
    Probably Fury, though I do not find Arms unenjoyable. Fury just feels a little better, even though my preferred talent build has me playing the closest thing to a static rotation any spec has seen in ages. Plus Fury AoE just makes me feel like a badass meat grinder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't find Arms that enjoyable (better than WoD's but that's not saying much). Fury is pretty fun but can be a little clunky at times. If they can make some last minute changes to Arms to make it more fluid I'd be on board with it but so far it's looking like Fury again for Legion. Eventually though I will run both depending on a fights needs.

Definitely Fury. Arms feels much better in Legion, in my opinion, so it's alright but Fury still feels more enjoyable to me so gonna stick with that like I have for years now.