Question How Many to get Valor?

How many bosses in a dungeon do you have to help kill to receive the valor reward for your daily heroic?

I feel certain I've joined groups half-way through before, and as long as I joined through LFD and helped them finish I received my 100 valor. Last week I queued on my bear, was matched with a group on the last boss of Grimrail Depot, tanked that boss for them, and received no valor. I opened a ticket, but even after escalating a few times they are telling me the game had worked as intended. They tell me you can't get valor for just helping on last boss, even if that's the group you were matched with through LFD.

This makes no sense to me lol. I queued on the promise of 100 valor did my job as tank for the group they matched me with, so how can they renig on their promise of 100 valor? If they do want to divert me from my valor run to help a group that's stranded (without getting valor reward for doing so), shouldn't they at least explain what they're doing and ask if I mind helping? I mean, some days I might be fine with helping out just to be nice, but other days I might be rushing to complete my valor run before work or some such.

Has anyone else had this experience? What do you think? And if this is the way game is intended to work, does anyone know how many bosses you have to help kill? So I'll know for future reference?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The random dungeon rewards are and have always been from defeating the last boss, no other strings attached. Now, the satchels have always had issues with not being awarded sometimes even if it said it was available, but that shouldn't apply to the Valor. Sounds like something bugged for you and the GM you spoke to was uninformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    The random dungeon rewards are and have always been from defeating the last boss, no other strings attached. Now, the satchels have always had issues with not being awarded sometimes even if it said it was available, but that shouldn't apply to the Valor. Sounds like something bugged for you and the GM you spoke to was uninformed.
    Yep - was just contacted in game by a GM who apologized for the "less than acceptable" responses I'd gotten from the previous four GMs. Got my 100 valor, and they threw in a free pet from the game store as an apology. Nice gesture on their part. What's more important is they verified that as long as you queue through LFD and help whoever you're matched with finish the dungeon, you get your reward as promised when you queued.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"