Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Reactions from Warcraft movie pre-premiere in Paris

Video of ovation:

https://twitter.com/Millenium/status/735185569760743424

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._saw_warcraft/

You can see pretty much all the rest as Duncan Jones is retweeting them all.

Seems so far very positive, but going to assume there was many fans in there.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-05-24 at 09:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair, he isn't going to retweet bad reviews. On top of that these are hardcore fans, they would like it if it just popped the Warcraft logo on the screen and that was the end of it. It's going to be an average movie. Which is just fine. I plan to watch it when it comes to DVD or Netflix myself and I'm excited to see it.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Well to be fair, he isn't going to retweet bad reviews. On top of that these are hardcore fans, they would like it if it just popped the Warcraft logo on the screen and that was the end of it. It's going to be an average movie. Which is just fine. I plan to watch it when it comes to DVD or Netflix myself and I'm excited to see it.
    I know it can be a PR exercise, but if you search for hastag #warcraftmovie you only see positive reviews. I have no doubt movie companies hire people to leave positive reviews on social media, so I take it with a grain of salt.

And speaking french I can tell you they are all praising the movie.

Then again, take it with a grain of salt, but seeing players of the game say positive reviews is a relief.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...Movie&src=tyah
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-05-24 at 09:28 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it's going to be good. I'll eventually watch it even if it's horrible I'm sure. Though from the latest trailers I expect it to be a lot like 7th Son in that it's billed as an action movie but it ends up being a cheesy one-liner comedy.

Deleted
    Well. I am going to see it tomorrow midnight (like I said in another thread - sister bought us tickets for the premier so I am going ).

TBH I don't know if I am going to like it. But I sure as fuck hope I will be surprised in a good way.

Deleted
    Some people are so negative, that their lives must be so...well, you know.

Need to wait till June 3rd to watch it myself. I like to hear positive reactions, but at the same time I'd love to hear it from people who are not that familiar with WoW. Ofcourse WoW fans will rate the movie a lot higher, and since this is a WoW fanforum it can be hard to believe some peoples reviews.

IMO we should just keep all the discussions about the Warcraft movie in 1 thread, to avoid being spoiled all across the board as not everyone likes to user spoiler tags.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I doubt it's going to be good.
    Despite everyone coming out praising it, obviously the movie is still the worst video game movie ever yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I like to hear positive reactions, but at the same time I'd love to hear it from people who are not that familiar with WoW. Ofcourse WoW fans will rate the movie a lot higher, and since this is a WoW fanforum it can be hard to believe some peoples reviews..
    But how do you know all of these reactions are from the fans? From the press screenings we heard a ton of praise coming from non-Warcraft players...

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Despite everyone coming out praising it, obviously the movie is still the worst video game movie ever yeah?
    All the 5 people who have seen it so far? Let's not jump to conclusions either way...

It'll likely garner a ~6-7.5 review average from critics and a ~7-8.5 review average from audiences.

My source? A gut feeling and the DeLorean I have parked out in my backyard. :^)

Well, it's nice that some people had a good time.

That's a whole lot more some of you guys are capable of!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    All the 5 people who have seen it so far? Let's not jump to conclusions either way...
    On the other hand, lets instantly jump to the conclusion its bad based on nothing and as soon as 1 guy says its mediocre lets all scream trash at it. Right?

Thats how this shitty community works right?

amright?

I thought so
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-05-24 at 10:15 PM.

i have found that seeing the trailers on my computer made the movie look really tacky and shit, but when i saw it in cinemas the quality appeared a lot better and I am more excited to see it now

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I doubt it's going to be good. I'll eventually watch it even if it's horrible I'm sure. Though from the latest trailers I expect it to be a lot like 7th Son in that it's billed as an action movie but it ends up being a cheesy one-liner comedy.
    Blizzard is known for their extremely cheesy liners. I wouldn't be surprised to see the movie turn out this way.

Either way, still going to see it. Probably not going to go to the theater but definitely will rent it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    it's easy, though, to see all of the tweets directed to him. Most are positive which is good, but we need to keep in mind that a) fans and b) premiere (skeptics aren't going to the premiere). that said, it's much better than lukewarm or disappointed reactions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    Duncan notes that the Hollywood trade paper disliked both of his other movies too. I'd not put a ton of stock in insider papers... more relevant are word of mouth and major but non-hollywood reviews.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously the movie will be average and could be good depending on the type of person since no one would humiliate themselves on social media by liking a cheesy/bad/ridiculous movie, especially persons with that much followers.

Critics with no inner child will rate it 1.5-2/4 just like every other movies they can't appreciate because of the way they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Trucador View Post
    Some people are so negative, that their lives must be so...well, you know.
    i honestly feel sad for people who think that way, "cynical assholes" doesnt even begins to describe those people, living in a state of consent negativity.

20 hours and counting for me to see it, staying offline till then, even though 90% of the plot is already known
    Last edited by A Dark Knight; 2016-05-24 at 11:05 PM.
    Be feared, or be fuel

reviewer almost certainly played wrath, didn't like cata, didn't try mop cause pandas, take it out on the film, got it.

Deleted
    The Variety reviewer totally stinks like a hater, the words and tone he uses indicate there's something against either Warcraft, Blizzard or Universal.