10+ Year Old Account

Resolve tree question

In the resolve tree why do I see so many people take the summoner cooldown over health regen. Why is it better? When is it better and when is it worse?
    Semper Fi

Summoner spell cooldowns are much stronger than health regen
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    In the resolve tree why do I see so many people take the summoner cooldown over health regen. Why is it better? When is it better and when is it worse?
    It's better pretty much always. Base health regen isn't that high anyway. Summoners spell can make or break a play, that's why they have such high cooldowns in the first place, lowering that cooldown can win games. (For example more exhausts, more flashes to initiate fights or escape, more heals or barriers ...)

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of junglers take the Summoner Spell CDR because it means more Smites - which means more Jungle buffs, more Blue Smite / Red Smite during ganks, better objective control (always a Smite available for Dragon / Baron / stealing / etc).

CDR on Flash is also quite essential right now because it's such an important part of so many characters kits: Vi Flash+Q's, mid's needing to play passive when their Flash is down, etc. CDR on Teleport means more lane control and/or more big TP plays into Bot lane for a TP top or jungler.

I think I would actually be a lot more interested in the Health Regen choice if it were reversed: +50% health regen all the time, and +200% health regen when above 75% health. That way it would consistently top me up during roams and before ganks.

If I'm below 25% health I almost always back - because I don't want to get dove / invaded: so the +200% pretty much only applies while I'm in fountain = not helpful.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter