Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Believe in biology? Canada will jail you for 2+ years 4 transphobia

http://louderwithcrowder.com/canada-.../#.V0ThrpDmqUl

Believe in Biology? Canada To Sentence ‘Anti-Trans’ Speakers to Prison…

Yes, Canada wants to jail you for what they deem ‘transphobia,’ just because…it’s Canada. We thought fines starting at $250,000 in New York City was ridiculous. But Canada? They saw that as a challenge and are going with a 2-3 year jail sentence. It’s a race to see who can be the most hateful of free-speech. So far Canada is winning, but give NYC a chance.

All these fines and jail sentences? They’re in the name of tolerance. Plus, it’s only free speech if the government tells you it’s free speech…

Citing the need to make transgender people “feel safe and secure in who they are,” Canada’s Minister of Justice Jody Wilson-Raybould introduced legislation Tuesday that would prohibit discrimination on the basis of “gender identity” or “gender expression” and make anti-transgender “hate propaganda” punishable by up to two years in prison.

The proposed legislation — which was unveiled on the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia — would amend the Canadian Criminal Code to expand existing “hate speech” prohibitions to include any public speech or communication that “promotes hatred” on the basis of “gender identity” or “gender expression.”

An identical ban on anti-gay “hate propaganda” has been in place for several years and has caused problems for Christians who oppose gay marriage. In 2013, the Canadian Supreme Court upheld the conviction of a Christian street preacher for distributing fliers denouncing homosexual behavior.

Side note, am I the only one creeped out by someone calling themselves the “Minister of Justice?” I guess one can put “minister” in front of anything these days. Still, the image calls to mind a famous, dark-hooded figure carrying a scythe.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-05-25 at 12:29 AM.
    People are unused to truth.
    People follow consistent truth.
    Respect the power and impact of truth.
    Men who speak truth drive value.

A phobia is an irrational fear. Stop being irrational and fearful instead of going to jail ezpz.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Can you get an avatar that doesn't have text so small as to be unreadable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

It just includes it in the already existing hate speech framework.

Saying "Trans people aren't really <Gender>" wouldn't fit the bill.

It more focuses on "trans people aren't really <gender> so we should beat them up"

Actually, I agree with them.

I don't really get all of this new Trans stuff, but ... What right do you have to be a total asshat to someone who wants to pursue their life in a different manner?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what the definition of "hate propaganda" is in this context.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Is Endus secretly Mr Trudeau?
    All hail The glorious leader!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Slippery slope ...

I feel you should be able to say whatever the fuck you want as long as no one gets hurt.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Actually, I agree with them.

I don't really get all of this new Trans stuff, but ... What right do you have to be a total asshat to someone who wants to pursue their life in a different manner?
    Because if I am a total fucking cunt to someone over the internet or shouting at the, it's still just words and not every argument is a slippery slope where people need to kill each other.

Deleted
    I was fine with canada till I met the most active thread poster of mmo-champion.. In my little world HE IS CANADA. I am "phobia" now.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Apparently it's whatever they say so.

Not sure how they are better than the Catholic Inquisition of the Middle Ages.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I don't see the problem. I am not Canadian so why should I care what Canada does?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Because if I am a total fucking cunt to someone over the internet or shouting at the, it's still just words and not every argument is a slippery slope where people need to kill each other.
    "Hate speech" typically involves urging others into discriminatory action against somebody. So just being like "Trans men are just chicks with inverted vaginas" wouldn't qualify as hate speech.

I'm pretty sure this is a hate speech law. The solution is easy, stop being an asshole to people who don't affect you.

Also, hate speech generally applies to things like, "fucking trans, we should kill them all," and not things like, "I don't think being trans is right."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Its Canada - the place that brought us Endus and 'the current year' - I'm certain its suitably vague and Orwellian.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    "Hate speech" typically involves urging others into discriminatory action against somebody. So just being like "Trans men are just chicks with inverted vaginas" wouldn't qualify as hate speech.
    Until you get a rabid tumblr twitter horde calling that and the weak pussy government caves in to pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Until you get a rabid tumblr twitter horde calling that and the weak pussy government caves in to pressure.
    I wouldn't worry too much. I say some pretty controversial shit in the privacy of my own home and I haven't been arrested yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Its Canada - the place that brought us Endus and 'the current year' - I'm certain its suitably vague and Orwellian.
    That's the vibe I got as well ):

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Apparently it's whatever they say so.

Not sure how they are better than the Catholic Inquisition of the Middle Ages.
    And that's what's worrisome I think. Not having it laid out makes for a dangerous precedent.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Can you get an avatar that doesn't have text so small as to be unreadable?
    You can clearly see Obama in line with lots of little girls for the bathroom, do you really need to guess what they say?
    People are unused to truth.
    People follow consistent truth.
    Respect the power and impact of truth.
    Men who speak truth drive value.

welp, glad I don't have to worry about my speech here in America. I'd love to comment on this more but I forsee this lasting all of about 3-4 pages.