Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Reality isn't that simple. Nor is it a scientific view.
    Don't try to make a simple nature given thing into a complex debate.

The human race only has 2 genders which are determined by your DNA.

Everything beyond that are constructs of the mind or society, not physical limitations of any sort.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    In modern day where mere disapproval of a lifestyle is deemed 'hatred' and 'insulting' it basically means that you have to abandon or silence your personal beliefs in order to be found within the law in that regard.
    That maybe a first world shit exclusive to the USA or similar countries, but in the rest of the world we have these laws to protect people and those who try to exploit them, they are just ignored and mock from. They may cause some controversy at first, but at the end nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

Everything beyond that are constructs of the mind or society, not physical limitations of any sort.
    It's like neuroscience doesn't even exist in your world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm a giraffe, I dont need therapy , I need surgery to extend my neck so i can reach the good leaves at the top of the tree.

OT -Way to suck canada.

Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    Eh its not that simple, a lot of people who are transgender are born believing they are the other gender.
    Just because a young boy says "Look, I'm a girl!" doesn't mean they are a girl any more than then saying "Look, I'm a dog!" doesn't make them a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    It does, and because it does, we can identify this 'transgenderism' as a mental disorder called gender dysphoria.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-05-25 at 12:23 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh its not that simple, a lot of people who are transgender are born believing they are the other gender.
    As I said: deal with these psychological issues.

A healthy young boy doesn't suddenly believe that he is a girl.
    Typically there are root causes that result in this behavior/belief.

Trying to get acceptance from a parent that was dead set on getting a child of the opposite sex is just one example that can result in such an identity crisis.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No you should not, because words have power.
    Look at how they can be twisted in the case of mis-representing various ideals in religions.
    What you say is you have a right to be a jerk, and nobody should have that right.
    Free speech should protect honest speech.
    And there is nothing honest about hate speech, simply fearmongering and bias.

Words incite violence too.
    See ... here is the thing. Who is to say what is "mis-representing various ideals"? Who will make that judgment?

The only kind of speech that should be criminalized is shouting fire in a crowded theater when there isn't one.

Everything else we already have tort laws to handle.

Incite violence? So we shouldn't revolt and dispose of unjust rulers?
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    That maybe a first world shit exclusive to the USA or similar countries, but in the rest of the world we have these laws to protect people and those who try to exploit them, they are just ignored and mock from. They may cause some controversy at first, but at the end nothing happens.
    Laws without support in the norm are meaningless. They don't protect anyone.

But it doesn't. What about people with XXX or XXY or XYY? They don't fit nicely in your XX or XY do they?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    But you agree that only hurting someone's feelings without any violent implications should be legal?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    That's not free speech then.
    One is free to express themselves without harming others.

As a US resident, I see people verbally harassing and 'assaulting' people in public all the time, but just because one person calls another some curse word or even racial slur doesn't mean that they should go to prison.
    Report it! Say something to the verbal aggressor(s)! Seek the law or representatives of public service!

Where I live there is a campaign among public transport called, "If it's unwanted, it's harassment!". These posters are everywhere and people are increasingly taking advantage of the more strict policy in Chicago.

The other week a news story in the paper reported multiple women reported a guy who was behaving inappropriately on trains in the early morning. Another news story was on a group of onlookers coming to the defense of a Muslim woman being shouted at from the opposing platform by yelling for the aggressors to stop and seeking the transits authority, etc, etc.

You can think what you want and say what you want as long as it does not harm, discriminate or denigrate others in most US states. Canada law seems to uphold the same value of personal security and freedom from harassment.

Any law that operates by arbitrarily defining its own meaning on a per case basis to allow for maximum targeting of only groups and opinions of which it disapproves of isn't going to respond to sound, well reasoned and prepared arguments.
    According to what I could find on Canadian laws of harassment and verbal abuse- they are pretty clear on what falls as a violation of another person's security and well being.

All law is arbitrary- people make it up based on how we think we should live and behave. Law does not come from sacred mountain top, nor was penned irrefutably by some old dudes with quill pens or stone tablets.

Law changes all the times- as times change, as social conventions change, etc, etc.

7+ Year Old Account

Yeah and some people are born beleiving they were born the wrong gender. That is a biological condition. What do you do with those people?

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    What a world we live in where 4% of the population dictates what the rest of us can say and do.
    Exactly. It's mind boggling that to prevent feelings being hurt by such a minor amount of people they will turn things upside down. Essentially what has happened is government officials have gotten into positions and know someone in said group of people, therefore the laws should change.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No.
    You're definitely an authoritarian, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    The fact that more than xy and xx exist. Also the fact that more than just those 2 chromosomes affect what sex someone is. There's a whole lot more to genetics than just xx and xy.
    Ya, and they are called disorders.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

7+ Year Old Account
    As I said: deal with these psychological issues.

A healthy young boy doesn't suddenly believe that he is a girl.
    Typically there are root causes that result in this behavior/belief.

Trying to get acceptance from a parent that was dead set on getting a child of the opposite sex is just one example that can result in such an identity crisis.
    No its a biological condition, peopel being born with lack of testosterone or excess of estrogeno, they believe they are born in the wrong gender or have strong tendencies to shift to acquire those types of traits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    You wouldn't believe how much BS science papers exist just so people can somehow "prove their view".

While the brain certainly is a mystery to is in many ways, I think it is easier to search for the causes of "gender crisis" in the psychological domain rather than trying to create some "scientific evidence" that some people are hardwired to believe that they are born in the wrong body.

I'm not saying that such a condition cannot theoretically exist, but I am reasonably sure that this isn't applicable most of the transgender population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this is just a gender identity thread, locking this here.