Deleted
    That Kotaku article makes my blood boil.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's only 3 rotten, 2 fresh, plus you have to count with some critics that are just going to bash this as they have very different movie standards, when they just don't "get" these kind of movies. They are biased against games in general, don't like fantasy genre etc., this movie was always going to struggle in the critical reception, the important thing is word of mouth between the audiences plus opinions from such critics, that understand the material and know how to judge a film based on such thing. Last but not least, you can always be the one and only person on the planet who ends up liking a movie, you never know.

In other good news, the movie pre-sales in China are already marking 400M just from there!!! Which is incredible and would mean the movie would probably hit the one bil. mark WW thus resulting in sequels, which can always work better.

Hopefully marvel can get its film rights back after this.

40%? Laughing my fucking ass off

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Movie critics are a bunch of cunts who don't like fun.

The Hibbit films were not rating very highly by Rotten Tomatoes but I loved them. That's the case with loads of films in the world. These people are ultra arty farty buttholes who seem to hate everything.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

I'm just done with movie critics... praising indieboringshitfests and bashing crowdpleasers... and yes i'm a little bit butthurt :P

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    The Hibbit films were not rating very highly
    Good, because they shouldn't. The first one was kind of fine I guess but that's just it, it should've been only one movie.

yeah im sorry but screw the critics this is our movie not theirs WARCRAFT belongs to the fans the one who know this game not some asshat who never played it and hates on it because its a video game movie so screw the critics this is our movie and ill judge it my self when it comes out

lol People are so salty about this.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    The Hollywood Reporter gives a very glowing review: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rev...-review-896290

Metacritic scores this review as a 60.
    Wouldn't call it a very glowing review, 60/100 is just above average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Rotten requires a good sample size before being able to judge a movies rating. A lot of reviewers tend to be people who don't play video games or just can't relate to it. In the end, a movie can be less interesting or exciting to watch for a general audience but be perfect for the targeted audience.

For us WoW/Warcraft fans, it will just be cool to see landmarks and characters familiar to us in a film. Even if the film bombs on reviews, a lot of blizzard fans and gamers will go see it anyway.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2016-05-25 at 07:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If shit movies like the 'Ghostbusters Remake' are expected to sell out regardless of shit reviews and quality of movie, then no reason Warcraft couldn't as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sanchoz View Post

the audience of Warcraft got older and yet the themes Blizzard are pushing get younger. nice logic
    The audience has always been 12+ of age, I guess you simply have to be mature to not feel threatened by the light-hearted and "childish" and able to appreciate stories with more variety and depth to it. MoP had plenty of mature themes and made it seem like the writers themselves had grown up and matured. So many missed it in their HIGHLY immature reaction to the introduction of Pandaren.

MoP was business as usual in the warcraft universe. Some silly light-hearted stuff, plenty of serious stuff, putting plenty of WAR into World of WARcraft. Funny how you people seem to overlook all the silly shit going on in in the game from the start through other expansions, whilst pretending that was ALL there was to MoP...

know-your-lore-a-brief-summary-of-the-pandaria-campaign/
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-25 at 07:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Good, because they shouldn't. The first one was kind of fine I guess but that's just it, it should've been only one movie.
    I thought the Hobbit movies were very boring. Look how much money they made. If Warcraft can take in half of what the original Hobbit made it will be a very large success.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    It is a GAME MOVIE, they never ever ever ever ever ever ever turn out well.
    Mortal Kombat broke that stigma over 20 years ago.

Deleted
    This is what GoT did to the genre. Now everything has to be ultraviolent grimdark gritty shit or else it will get panned down for being "childish". Fuck this shit. And apparently in France it got standing ovations and even Chinese really liked it (who completely shat on new Star Wars for example), so I'm calling bullshit on this.

So, can we now focus on GAME? I have enough of shity films based on video games. Blizzard should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    This is what GoT did to the genre. Now everything has to be ultraviolent grimdark gritty shit or else it will get panned down for being "childish". Fuck this shit. And apparently in France it got standing ovations and even Chinese really liked it (who completely shat on new Star Wars for example), so I'm calling bullshit on this.
    Just look at all the people playing WoW, yet only paying heed to the dark and "mature" (lol) whilst completely ignoring the rest.

- "My ego isn't hurt from playing WoW, see? It's just SO grimdark and mature!...Oh nevermind those gnomes, or that poop quest, or that pretty area...it's death and rape all around, honest!!!"

Apparently, something can't be "mature" unless it has very VERY obvious dark elements to it from the very start and at every turn.
    Reminds me of how one-dimensional villains have to be in kid's shows so that the kids understand that they're bad and what they're doing isn't right...

Deleted
    Oh an by the way new Xmen were at 20% during release, and it's now praised like the second coming of Christ. RT doesn' matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    I cant believe the people on here burying their heads in the sand. The movie looks shit and no surprise its getting shit ratings.