10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    (Stormwind then becomes Hurlevent).
    Haha. And I thougt we got it bad with all the translations in German but "Hurlevent" reads out like someone puking
    It's "Sturmwind" in the German Version btw. so there wasn't any fucking need changing that.

Movie was epic, critics are insane.

Was Glen Close the movie version of Aegwynn?
    Great seeing Bladefist and Grom.
    Was Lothars second in command, the dude with the goatee, supposed to be anyone.
    Can we get black skin colors now?
    Lothar banged Garona, she's preggers with Med'an. Cool to see Gul'dan be the one responsible for Thralls fel taint. Sargeras looked sick as fuck. What is this 'Kul' Tiras' place, i haven't seen it in game >_> . Medivh travelled to Draenor, fell in love with Garona's mother.

We need in game: Fel Golem battle pet, Drakas Dagger, Garona's/Tiffins Dagger, Stormwind Polearm, Orc Tusk Shield, and Blackhand Fel Hand/Fist wep.

I just came back from seeing it and I personally loved it. Having already been very familiar with most of the lore from all previous Warcraft games, it just made it that much better. Wish Grom had more screen time!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Was Glen Close the movie version of Aegwynn?
    Alodi, who is a male half-elf in the original lore. Nobody knows why they changed him when she could have just as easily been Aegwynn with the same role.

Was Lothars second in command, the dude with the goatee, supposed to be anyone.
    They take him alive, someone speculated that he could become the vessel for Teron'gor to become Teron Gorefiend. It'd be very interesting to see him become the first Death Knight.

Can we get black skin colors now?
    Humans have always had black skin colours available.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://deadline.com/2016/06/warcraft...ts-1201769124/

On a side note, Warcraft is now the fastest film ever to generate 900 million rmb (Chinese Yuan: their currency). Can't wait to see updated box office results.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

Humans have always had black skin colours available.

hmm, not really, imho, more of a dark/tanned Mediterranean.

hmm, not really, imho, more of a dark/tanned Mediterranean.
    http://i.imgur.com/J4FqKET.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously what the fuck is up with these critics? Saw the movie earlier and it was good.

Looks as though the weekend domestic box office cume for Warcraft is going to be around the original $25-30M estimates projected by the studio. The movie was handily beat by The Conjuring 2 which doesn't really bode well for staying power at the box office with the Finding Nemo sequel coming out next week. Still, I don't think it's too far fetched to put the film's total domestic cume in the $100M range.

If we were to look at this film's success based purely on its domestic returns, it'd be a unanimous flop. However, its incredible popularity in foreign markets may bring about one of the first times we've seen a film which flopped domestically garner a sequel based almost entirely off of its overseas performance. (Pacific Rim's sequel also fits this bill, but that film is stuck in development hell; Legendary Pictures is owned partially by the son of the richest man in China so it'd stand to reason a film whose popularity was by and large in the Chinese market would be quick to begin development of the franchise.)

Like others have said, I agree with many of the slight lore changes they made. For instance Duraton dying to Gul'dan in a mak'gora was waaaay better than just being killed by a random assassin. In the end he still died through the will of Gul'dan, just in a more meaningful way.

Same with Garona. She still killed Llaine against her own will, but in a meaningul way and not lame mind control.

However there's one part of the lore that I honestly can't believe they changed. Orgrim Doomhammer did not kill Blackhand. The movie should have ended with Orgrim killing Blackhand and Gul'dan in a COMA.
    Last edited by Bridius; 2016-06-12 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I apologize if I've missed the question being asked and answered somewhere already...

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the free pass you get from seeing the movie at Regal to do a refer-a-friend account?
    Well, I recruited another account that I made, and it let me use the free pass to upgrade the account.

I haven't tried yet to actually summon myself or anything yet, I'll get back to you on that in like, 2-3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Looks as though the weekend domestic box office cume for Warcraft is going to be around the original $25-30M estimates projected by the studio. The movie was handily beat by The Conjuring 2 which doesn't really bode well for staying power at the box office with the Finding Nemo sequel coming out next week. Still, I don't think it's too far fetched to put the film's total domestic cume in the $100M range.

If we were to look at this film's success based purely on its domestic returns, it'd be a unanimous flop. However, its incredible popularity in foreign markets may bring about one of the first times we've seen a film which flopped domestically garner a sequel based almost entirely off of its overseas performance. (Pacific Rim's sequel also fits this bill, but that film is stuck in development hell; Legendary Pictures is owned partially by the son of the richest man in China so it'd stand to reason a film whose popularity was by and large in the Chinese market would be quick to begin development of the franchise.)
    Domestic 100m is quite good to be honest. Just look at MMOC to understand that Warcraft franchise has few fans left, just a lot of bitter haters.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Domestic 100m is quite good to be honest. Just look at MMOC to understand that Warcraft franchise has few fans left, just a lot of bitter haters.
    $100M domestic for a film whose budget was $160M without even factoring in marketing is a complete and total failure.

Personally thought it was a good movie. I didn't mind the changed to the story since, for the most part, things still turned out as they always had. Watching a story play out I already knew in entirety would've been a bit of a missed opportunity to play around with it to make it better, so it's good they did. I don't think it's earned the flak these critics are giving it for lack of it being 'less raunchy than GoT' or 'less / more X or Y than LotR.' Warcraft is neither of those things.

I thought they could've made the theme of demons manipulating Gul'dan a bit stronger, and maybe a little bit about how Medivh was possessed by Sargeras? If that demon he turned into was supposed to be Sargeras, I think some people might've got the impression he was just becoming some big corrupted guy.

The soundtrack was a bit ehhh, for me. I liked the infrequent spins on themes from the game when shots of Stormwind came into view for the first time, for example, but other than that there weren't many stand-out tunes I usually walk away from a film with a H Zimmer soundtrack thinking about one particular song I liked in a scene.

All in all, 7/10, I suppose? It was pretty surreal seeing those familiar characters up there on the big screen.

I'd like to see another, for sure.

Deleted
    $100M domestic for a film whose budget was $160M without even factoring in marketing is a complete and total failure.
    Not this time. Int BO has been more than very good thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Like I said, minor or good:

1. You're talking as if no Med'an is a bad thing
    2. So in the end she killed Llane against her will, how is that a big difference?
    3. The war isn't over though; that would take at least another hour and is material for the next film.
    4. So you're saying that Gul'dan [B]was[/B] in charge? Again: a minor difference.
    5. So Khadgar wasn't magically made older. How is that a big difference?

All of those things hardly have an impact on the story.
    Perhaps your point #1 is the biggest change and it's a good change, it's only a shame that it's not canon in the game.
    How is Lothar killing Blackhand and not Ogrim a minor thing? It was Ogrim's character development. The fact that they picture Gul'dan as a totally different character is not a minor thing either, its telling different things. The way he spreads Fel is odd, wasn't he supposed to give the Blood of Mannaroth for the orcs to drink? Is that also minor?

Even if the end result is similar all those changes make it fee

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it still a failure if it something that was anticipated? The USA is becoming less important in box office terms (and more) and the majority of the marketing was done in China..... so if it still does 100 in USA that's just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by karzal View Post
    Is it still a failure if it something that was anticipated? The USA is becoming less important in box office terms (and more) and the majority of the marketing was done in China..... so if it still does 100 in USA that's just fine...
    I mean, that's exactly what I said in the post before the one you quoted.

I'm not saying the movie is a failure, I'm just pointing out the fact that if you were grade the movie entirely on its domestic performance, it'd be a flop. It's great that the film is doing well overseas because I like Warcraft and I want to see the franchise grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Khadgar's actor fit extremely well. He was probably the best fitted actor there
    He was my favorite character of the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Khadgar was the charakter that surprised me the most. Judging from the trailers I thought he was a total miscast but I really like him in the film. (although the campfire scene was totally unnecessary in my view)

I do wish they made the movie longer though. I hate watching a movie I like come to an end too soon.