Prediction: This year WoW will be huge.

I predicted many things about Blizzard in the past.

Like Hearthstone bringing in 200-400 million dollars yearly before it even got launched.
    Like HS becoming rather trashy because of the RNG and so it would suffer in the future, and being taken over by Candy Crash money making.
    Like Diablo 3 becoming meaningless for most players without trade and so it was dying... until this aweful head developper and successor to Wilson finally got fired.

Well after some gloomy predictions, I now declare that WoW will be hot again during late summer and through the winter.

The reason is the movie of course: HATED by many but a huge attraction pool to "play the game again".

Bandwagons do exist.

No wonder with all the other thrash that Blizzard launches these days.

Welcome back. I just hope Blizzard doesn't fall into the trap of announcing subs again.

Deleted
    You're wrong. People that are going to see the movie are a majority of players or former players. WoW has a bad reputation, it's know as THE nolife game, just for this reason non-players won't see it.

Movie will have nothing to do with ingame development.

Yes, WoW will be huge...

for 1 month.

And then people will leave, like they did in WoD.

P.S. Assuming they will actually manage to log in, unlike in WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Well, I also expect subscriptions to rise -- but with a new expansion to be released this is fairly normal. It will be hard to estimate whether how that rise was affected by the movie.

The real question for me is: in summer 2017, how many of those subs will still be here?

Phew. Reading the OP felt like someone farting in a plastic cup. Random, unnecessary, nasty - but for some reason someone did it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galithiel View Post
    You're wrong. People that are going to see the movie are a majority of players or former players. WoW has a bad reputation, it's know as THE nolife game, just for this reason non-players won't see it.
    This is probably what deters most people who think of playing WoW. With all the get a life comments people make as soon as they hear the name World of Warcraft. Gaming is more mainstream then ever but that's mostly just games like CoD, GTA and Battlefield.

As there were a total of 100 million (ex)players announced 2.5 years ago worldwide, I guess you just confirmed what I wrote in my title.

Will they ALL come back. Nope, but some will. Let's say 10%.

To the others: I didn't predict anything for 2017.

I spoke for 2016 as a commercial success

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Yes, WoW will be huge...

for 1 month.

And then people will leave, like they did in WoD.
    Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Phew. Reading the OP felt like someone farting in a plastic cup. Random, unnecessary, nasty - but for some reason someone did it.
    That was the exact same reaction I got when I predicted HS would go into the 200-400 million dollars revenue range one year before it was officially launched.

And yep RDA was one of these dudes. He just replied ... And got owned again.

So simple. Well I can't help it either if some people are stupid.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-05-25 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That was the exact same reaction I got when I predicted HS would go into the 200-400 million dollars revenue range one year before it was officially launched.

And yep RDA was one of these dudes. He just replied ... And got owned again.

So simple.
    Find my statement that was proven incorrect as you say then. I don't mean to say I am never wrong, especially in predictions, but you paint it as some colossal mistake yet I am not sure if I made any.

That was the exact same reaction I got when I predicted HS woukd go into the 200-400 million dollars revenue range one year before it was officially launched.
    Man, now that was quite the Nostradamus-worthy "prediction". A tiny bit unprecise perhaps, but then again, 100% more or less, and what are measly 200 millions anyway - let's not get hung up on details!

But you're right about rda though, he does got owned all the time.

Games like Destiny and The Division have made no-life games cool, whilst Game of Thrones has elevated swords-and-sorcery. WoW's basic mechanics and lack of edginess (and boob's) will still keep it from going truly mainstream but its perception is nowhere near as negative as it was a dozen years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Games like Destiny and The Division have made no-life games cool, whilst Game of Thrones has elevated swords-and-sorcery. WoW's basic mechanics and lack of edginess (and boob's) will still keep it from going truly mainstream but its perception is nowhere near as negative as it was a dozen years ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    I predicted many things about Blizzard in the past.

Like Hearthstone bringing in 200-400 million dollars yearly before it even got launched.
    Like HS becoming rather trashy because of the RNG and so it would suffer in the future, and being taken over by Candy Crash money making.
    Like Diablo 3 becoming meaningless for most players without trade and so it was dying... until this aweful head developper and successor to Wilson finally got fired.

Well after some gloomy predictions, I now declare that WoW will be hot again during late summer and through the winter.

The reason is the movie of course: HATED by many but a huge attraction pool to "play the game again".

Bandwagons do exist.

No wonder with all the other thrash that Blizzard launches these days.

Welcome back. I just hope Blizzard doesn't fall into the trap of announcing subs again.
    Just to mention, after like 2 months after Legion the subs will be as low as they are now... WoW Expansions that they're making lately just don't cut It, and I don't see any long term reason to stay on WoW lately even with Legion coming. Especially If they'll just keep banning us left and right for no reason (Disclaimer: I'm not one of the bot-users)
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Just to mention, after like 2 months after Legion the subs will be as low as they are now... WoW Expansions that they're making lately just don't cut It, and I don't see any long term reason to stay on WoW lately even with Legion coming. Especially If they'll just keep banning us left and right for no reason (Disclaimer: I'm not one of the bot-users)
    Correct you are not. You got banned because you were account sharing... or was it you got hacked?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post33616358

Also Ben a game being trash is entirely based around opinion. Fact is the game is a success both playerbase wise and financially. Of course WoW will be hot during the summer it has a huge expansion coming but they need to basically not have another WoD and keep content engaging so that people want to stay.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-25 at 10:49 AM.