Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathrendar View Post
    Did you honestly just notice this now?
    We both didn't notice that various spells actually silence for the purpose of silencing the incantations. Read the other replies to what you quoted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Well for starters, orcs have no concept of "mages" by then, not yet. Also, he pretty much just used fel magic there so he could have been easily mistaken for a warlock.
    And a human warlock is basically a mage using fel magic anyway.

Sorry, but what is he saying? "I am khadgar, guardian of the shit?"
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    New resource mechanic: Chalk and floor.

Chalk must be carried at all times and there must always be enough room on the floor to draw runes in order to cast spells.
    Nah, we already have the Rune of Power abomination... ^_^;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    Sorry, but what is he saying? "I am khadgar, guardian of the shit?"
    Guardian Novitiate.

So he was a guardian in training, then forsook his vows, all to end up succeeding him anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    So he was a guardian in training, then forsook his vows, all to end up succeeding him anyway.
    His problem wasn't with the job, it was the rules the Kirin Tor imposes on the Guardian. The Guardian is charged with staying aloof from others in order to protect them. Similarly, the Kirin Tor isolated itself from the rest of the world. Khadgar disagreed with both ideas, which is why he left; he believed the Guardian shouldn't fight the darkness alone.

Deleted
    I kept thinking that if Khadgar found a ton of spells in Karazhan library, that he could learn if he had time to study them, then we are some real lazy mofos that we stay in garrison rotating missions instead of learning a few hundred more spells.

It also explains why Khadgar in game can one shot everything and we can't.

Watching the movie made me incredibly disappointed when I remembered that mages are so dull in game.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the teleporting animation a lot. It was unique and brilliant.

The retcon I liked least was making Khadgar a rebel against the Kirin Tor. In The Last Guardian he had been sent by the Kirin Tor to keep tabs on Medivh, whom they already suspected was going rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoark View Post
    The retcon I liked least was making Khadgar a rebel against the Kirin Tor. In The Last Guardian he had been sent by the Kirin Tor to keep tabs on Medivh, whom they already suspected was going rogue.
    It's not a retcon, it's a separate continuity.

Personally I loved the speaking of spells in the movie and thought it was very well done. However, to have the same in-game would be a nightmare, especially in raid groups. Imagine every single spell being worded while being cast by all players...ouch my ears!

The movie is quite sick tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavorka View Post
    Personally I loved the speaking of spells in the movie and thought it was very well done. However, to have the same in-game would be a nightmare, especially in raid groups. Imagine every single spell being worded while being cast by all players...ouch my ears!
    A mod that does it with Harry Potter versions would be hilarious.