Gaming Laptop advice

Alright so I've been looking into purchasing my very first laptop and would like something that can handle gaming such as wow/d3/overwatch.

Budget <$2000

This will also mainly be used for work and school but it needs to handle my gaming needs, so I've been looking into the Asus ROG lineup and some of the MSI laptops and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for something that will last.

Both MSI and Asus make solid gaming laptops, I'm happy with my GT72 2pe dominator pro from MSI, you could also look into Sager/clevo, they can usually be configured with parts of your choice.

I know this is not exactly what you are looking for, but could you not use a tablet for work/school and build yourself a proper gaming desktop? Especially with apps that allow you to control your PC from your Tablet, you would end up with a much better gaming system and still be able to do work/school stuff.

Otherwise. if you are really set on a laptop, Denpepe's advice is good.

I already have a beast gaming desktop but I can't take it everywhere with me. I like the MSI GT72 Dominator Pro G-034 and they are having a sale at microcenter putting it just within my price range but I'm not ready to pull the trigger just yet. Id like to find a better deal

Quote Originally Posted by Merold View Post
    I already have a beast gaming desktop but I can't take it everywhere with me. I like the MSI GT72 Dominator Pro G-034 and they are having a sale at microcenter putting it just within my price range but I'm not ready to pull the trigger just yet. Id like to find a better deal
    Ah, ok, different story then.