Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I am not sure if there is enough time left to get a return on investment in terms of gold if you don't have at least one optimised garrison (with or without an optimised shipyard).

If gold making is not relevant in this regard (you could farm Cata heroic raids instead, for example), I would only bother with some of the buildings - tavern for getting dungeon quests (some reward toys, or items that will become toys), menagerie if you are into pet battles (also barn level 3, because you can get a pygmy cow from there), fishing hut if you are into this, stables if you are into collecting mounts.

I would get a level 3 garrison for the shipyard to get access to Tanaan, though - even if you don't bother with it afterwards. There are some more items to collect (pets, mounts, toys), and you can farm gear which would surely help you when you go into Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Now that the prepatch is about 6 weeks away I'd say we're past the cutoff point of starting new garrisons for treasure hunters
    It's certainly not a sure thing at this point, but I've been very fortunate on my latest alt. Decided to go ahead and level him up (from 85, when I last played him I Cata) maybe 3 weeks ago. Hit 100 two weeks ago. The huge ogre caches made building the garrison an over-night project, and three of the followers I picked up proc'd as treasure hunters! In addition to two from the inn so that's 5 already.

I splurged on some BoE boots and belt, plus the three crafted items, because I am having fun playing him in these last weeks before Legion. Even so I think he ill be at least break even by the time garrisons are nerfed.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Any garrison twiddling on fresh 100 alts beyond the normal levelling process will be wasted effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacras View Post
    So I'm currently giving Wod a try since it's free and all, not sure if I will return for Legion.

That said, should I bother to invest in my Garrison? I'm not really up to date with all the incoming changes, so I would be grateful for any opinion on the matter.

I just know that one can't expect to make gold from it anymore, but maybe there are still incentives to have a proper Garrison, or even more than one for certain perks?
    You can still make plenty of gold from it, it's just takes time to get it up and running (if you're talking treasure hunters). As some have said, you can drop a lvl1 trading post in there to sell your excess resources for gold (easy) or do a barn lvl3. Join an elite wolf group from LFD (always running) farm for a half hour/hour. Sell the bloods on the AH. Easy gold. They still sell for about 100g on my server
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8