Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why is Tavern Brawl in Wild Format?

When creating my Pirate Warrior for the Tavern Brawl I was surprised to see that I could add a Deaths Bite and a Ship's Cannon to my deck.

How is this fair to all the free-to-play players who disenchanted all their GvG and Naxx cards? At the very least there should be a Standard mode for the Tavern Brawl. The case was similar 2 weeks ago in "Top 2" when Warriors could put a Target Dummy in their Bolster decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    When creating my Pirate Warrior for the Tavern Brawl I was surprised to see that I could add a Deaths Bite and a Ship's Cannon to my deck.

How is this fair to all the free-to-play players who disenchanted all their GvG and Naxx cards? At the very least there should be a Standard mode for the Tavern Brawl. The case was similar 2 weeks ago in "Top 2" when Warriors could put a Target Dummy in their Bolster decks.
    Consequences mate. Why should I be forced to accommodate (read:care) about someone else's actions? They, instead, need to deal with the consequences. Or, more importantly, they should go make suggestions on Blizzard's website instead of whine about it.

Brawl
    Fair

Pick one.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

15+ Year Old Account
    "I regret disenchanting cards but it's not my fault, no sir, it's anybody's fault but mine"
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Apparently some brawls will be Wild and some Standard, they're going to decide on a case by case basis. I think they stated that before Standard came in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This is why you don't disenchant most of your cards in order to get a little boost when the first new expansion comes out. It may not be fair to newer players, but for a sizeable majority of the brawls that do allow wild cards the f2p players who are new will usually have viable standard aggro decks to roflpwn the other people using wild cards for some fun combo.

Which I'd proceed to annihilate with my ice block/fireball or frost nova/deathwing deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Apparently some brawls will be Wild and some Standard, they're going to decide on a case by case basis. I think they stated that before Standard came in.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Will Tavern Brawls use formats?
    Tavern Brawls have different rules each week, so some Brawls will be in Wild format, while others could be in Standard format, but they’ll all be crazy fun!
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...y-2-2-2016#faq

Just to give the proof.

But yes, it's kinda your own loss if you dusted them, since they announced way before hand that it would be like this.

I don't think I put any Wild cards in my Brawl deck except for Lightbomb and Troggzor. Instead of whining, you could try to make a creative deck using the cards you have. You have 3 days to build a deck that can win a single game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yemkela View Post
    Instead of whining, you could try to make a creative deck using the cards you have. You have 3 days to build a deck that can win a single game.
    You didn't understand the post. I made a Pirate Warrior deck and included the cards mentioned in the OP and won the first game actually.

I will most probably be disenchanting them in the future though.

You didn't understand the post. I made a Pirate Warrior deck and included the cards mentioned in the OP and won the first game actually.

I will most probably be disenchanting them in the future though.
    Oh okay cool man.

Deleted
    imo in brawl you should get access to all cards even if you don't have them...
    Deck building brawls are the worst, awful and shit experience because for a casually playing person who doesn't spend hundreds € on .jpg it's not fun to "play" against someone who have cards you never saw before.

Brawl could be so fun and crazy but it's ruined even more by money spend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I dusted all my GvG and naxx cards so I could get some sweet dust. Sure it sucks sometimes when there is a brawl were GvG/naxx cards are awesome, like th pick only 2 cards brawl, dat hunter was sick. Anyway I usually only play to get 1 win a week just to get the free pack so it aint that bad, sure I would prefer if it was a standard/wild brawl but that is nothing that is super important.
    Or maybe they can just do so you get access to ALL cards that is viable, it is a brawl, a fun game mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic View Post
    imo in brawl you should get access to all cards even if you don't have them...
    Deck building brawls are the worst, awful and shit experience because for a casually playing person who doesn't spend hundreds € on .jpg it's not fun to "play" against someone who have cards you never saw before.

Brawl could be so fun and crazy but it's ruined even more by money spend.
    I'd be fine with everyone having all of the cards for brawls. Let's everyone experiment with any kind of fun setup regardless of past playing habits, all without creating a seperate ladder system for everyone to get rewards from without putting in the effort of getting cards.

Deleted
    Brawl is by far the most wicked sick format of this game. Wild fits well into it.

I mean come on, this is mode where randomness often completely governs the outcome of the game. How many Spider or Portal brawls we had up to date? Like 10 or so (out of 50 total)... that's like 20% of pure unmitigated RNG.

I dusted all my gvg and nax cards as well but I don't regret doing it. I play primarily arena mode and dusting those naxx legendaries got me good head-start into WOTOG. Could craft Twins and N'zoth right off the bat + bunch of other strong rares and epics.

How is this fair to all the free-to-play players who disenchanted all their GvG and Naxx cards?
    Why on earth would you do such a silly thing? That's just poor decision making, truth be told.

How is this fair to all the free-to-play players who disenchanted all their GvG and Naxx cards?
    How did you come to this conclusion that all F2P players went to DE all their GvG and Naxx cards as if they were strictly going standard?
    You also missed them saying Tavern Brawl would have both ranks/collections while they announced the incoming Standard/Wild changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGary View Post
    Why on earth would you do such a silly thing? That's just poor decision making, truth be told.
    Why wouldn't you? Why is it silly? Why is it a poor decision? And why do you think you are the master of all truth?

Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    How did you come to this conclusion that all F2P players went to DE all their GvG and Naxx cards as if they were strictly going standard?
    You also missed them saying Tavern Brawl would have both ranks/collections while they announced the incoming Standard/Wild changes.
    Strictly speaking I didn't say the F2Pers all did it (I haven't yet for example), I only said 'of the ones that did'. But yeah there is an implication in my remarks that F2P players are more likely to stop playing Wild format and go ahead and DE the older expansions so that they can craft classic and newer cards to save on months of grinding. That is my reasoning.

The second part about Tavern Brawl having both formats has already been mentioned, there is a reference to a Blizzard post above.

no-one forced you?

you can play standard and get legend or you can play wild and get legend, no mode is the official mode.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2016-05-28 at 07:59 PM.

Why wouldn't you? Why is it silly? Why is it a poor decision? And why do you think you are the master of all truth?
    It's definitely not silly if you don't care for Wild mode anyway, but it does come with this side effect for the Tavern Brawl.

The only way I'd consider it silly is if you did care for Tavern Brawl, because the only way to get those cards back would be through crafting them.