Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Active Warrior Theory Crafters?

Hey all,

I'm returning to my warrior in legion and like to stay up to date with the latest math & performance on both Arms and Fury. Just wanting to know if there are active theory crafters/bloggers for the warrior going forward into Legion that I can stay up to date with? Thanks.

I recommend starting here (prot), or here (fury), or here (arms).

Some good names to look for: Archimtiros, Warriorsarri, and Artunias. There are some others who definitely know their warrior play, but those 3 are who i see a lot of numbers from. One thing to realize, however, is that you won't find much public theorycrafting going on atm because there is serious tuning going on, probably on a pretty much weekly basis for a bit. So the responsible theorycrafters are keeping their numbers to themselves until things become more stable, to minimize the risk of the wrong numbers making the rounds in a couple months when things are more stable. Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    I recommend starting here (prot), or here (fury), or here (arms).

Some good names to look for: Archimtiros, Warriorsarri, and Artunias. There are some others who definitely know their warrior play, but those 3 are who i see a lot of numbers from. One thing to realize, however, is that you won't find much public theorycrafting going on atm because there is serious tuning going on, probably on a pretty much weekly basis for a bit. So the responsible theorycrafters are keeping their numbers to themselves until things become more stable, to minimize the risk of the wrong numbers making the rounds in a couple months when things are more stable. Hope that helps!
    Right. Are you aware if those people have blogs that they post to? I'll have a search around.

Most of the math, simcraft, and other theorycrafting is done behind closed doors by Collision, WarriorSarri and myself. However, there are a number of posters who are active on the forums, providing their own observations and firsthand experiences. My only word of caution would be that just because someone posts a lot, doesn't necessarily mean they know what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Most of the math, simcraft, and other theorycrafting is done behind closed doors by Collision, WarriorSarri and myself. However, there are a number of posters who are active on the forums, providing their own observations and firsthand experiences. My only word of caution would be that just because someone posts a lot, doesn't necessarily mean they know what they're talking about.
    Very true. So is there a trustful resource that you and others do write/post to? Or mainly just these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Cortic View Post
    Hey all,

I'm returning to my warrior in legion and like to stay up to date with the latest math & performance on both Arms and Fury. Just wanting to know if there are active theory crafters/bloggers for the warrior going forward into Legion that I can stay up to date with? Thanks.
    You might also want to Opt-In in the beta program, for a chance to get selected, if you want to be in part of where it happens now
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/legion/

Also check out on MMO-Champions frontpage, I believe they are having a Legion Beta Key Giveaway

Deleted
    My only word of caution would be that just because someone posts a lot, doesn't necessarily mean they know what they're talking about.
    That's true. I mean take a look at Warriorsarri's UI.
    Kappa.

On a more serious note learning how to read parses is an excellent investment.
    Sometimes it's even better than pure theorycrafting although word of caution:
    Even if someone took talent X and got rank Y does not necessarily mean that would work for you or your raid setup. Everything is circumstantial.

Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post
    That's true. I mean take a look at Warriorsarri's UI.
    I mean, are you surprised that he's 8th on the meter while Cam is 3rd?

Deleted
    Hear, hear. Why is it so I wonder.

You should poke him about the day he forgot how many weapons fury uses, atleast he tried Mannoroth with 1x 2hander

One can't achieve perfection, without first doing some really stupid shit.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

OMFG dat UI

Any suggestions about where to find up-to-date, relevant dungeon or raid logs with warriors?

I've been browsing the "All Reports" page on Warcraft Logs for warrior tanks, but there aren't a lot of them uploading logs there.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/all/9/all

Holy fuck LMAO! I dunno, anyone who can actually play with that UI is better than all of us!

If you're just looking for WoD Raids, you can simply look in WCL. If you're looking for Legion logs you can quite easily find logs by switching to the Legion raids, rather than HFC in the search table, but you'll have to manually look at each log until you find one with a warrior.

My philosophy when it comes to UIs, I'd much rather have the world most ugly UI if it's really efficient, than the worlds best looking UI that is also useless.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I'd much rather have the world most ugly UI if it's really efficient, than the worlds best looking UI that is also useless.
    I don't think efficient is the word I'd use to describe that unholy bastard, but to each their own!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    If you're just looking for WoD Raids, you can simply look in WCL. If you're looking for Legion logs you can quite easily find logs by switching to the Legion raids, rather than HFC in the search table, but you'll have to manually look at each log until you find one with a warrior.

My philosophy when it comes to UIs, I'd much rather have the world most ugly UI if it's really efficient, than the worlds best looking UI that is also useless.

Love how this thread suddenly turned from actual good advices to a 'bash Sarri's horrible UI thread'
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Was rather disappointed. After reading this thread I don't feel like its what it was labeled as....

This thread turned out just as I had assumed it would. Most things like these end up bashing me.
    My Stream