Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    They aren't pay to win though..they don't give you anything other than max level. People buy the token for $20 to sell it for 45k US? That's only worth it if you have the money to spend and want that gold.

Pay to Win features aren't in WoW no matter how you cut the WoW token/Boost. I prefer to make gold and the content is still there for me, so it doesn't take anything away. If you're saying that people can just buy gold and buy BoE pieces that's true, but I can just farm gold and do the same. There's no difference. Farming gold in WoD is so damn easy it makes no sense to even buy a token. BoE pieces are also going away for the most part in Legion as they already mentioned so this won't be an issue in the future. Neither of the mentioned features are P2W.
    If gold doesn't make the game easier, why bother acquiring it via Tokens? You don't feel you need gold for any other aspects of the game, other than to purchase BOE's? Mmm hmm..

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Leveling boost. Wow token. Those are all pay-to-win features.
    None of that is winning.

- - - Updated - - -

So we are now burdened with infinite dailies?
    Yeah, you know, a billion dailies, just like all the ones WoD gave you... O wait!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    this isnt 2005 anymore this is 2016 noone wants to be burdened with leveling
    Then don't play an MMO....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Because the developers listened to the players.
    Listened to the wrong set of people.

Quote Originally Posted by jasoncb View Post
    Listened to the wrong set of people.
    I'm sure you'd rather have WoW be dead long ago then...

Whether you like it or not, this latest generation of gamers have become increasingly lazy... wanting instant gratification with minimal commitment and effort. And they're the masses, and what keeps the bills paid for Blizz. If Blizz stuck to just focusing on the hardcore crowd, then WoW wouldn't be as lucrative as it is and they might have pulled the plug.

Just take a look at Wildstar, for example... an MMO that tried to go back to what WoW was like during Vanilla/TBC, it went F2P within a year...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-05-26 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordoks View Post
    Why is there so much hate towards wow? I just don't get it. I feel like im the only one that wants the game to succeed. Is there anyone else that hopes for the best for the game? I never realized how many negative people there are, its just sad
    This is often a incorrectly perceived. Most players just play or don't play, with very little feedback given to Blizzard. There exists a minority of players who are very vocal and passionate about the game they play. To them, Blizzard is constantly taking 2 steps forward and 5 steps back with game design, and it's frustrating.

It's not hate, it's just criticism fueled by frustration and passion.

Wow token = you don't need work for gold in this game any more.
    Leveling boost = nerfing the contents of leveling.

Those are all features which killed the contents of the game.

People would quit this game very fast, if they have nothing to do.
    Since when are gold and max level "winning"?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I never said stop improving the game from vanilla but destroying the core of WoW is one of the reasons its lost a huge customer base.

Whether you like it or not, this latest generation of gamers have become increasingly lazy... wanting instant gratification with minimal commitment and effort. And they're the masses, and what keeps the bills paid for Blizz. If Blizz stuck to just focusing on the hardcore crowd, then WoW wouldn't be as lucrative as it is and they might have pulled the plug.

Just take a look at Wildstar, for example... an MMO that tried to go back to what WoW was like during Vanilla/TBC, it went F2P within a year...
    The latest generation of gamers is playing Minecraft and mobile games. WoW's main audience is (probably) old school players who no longer have the time or inclination to be hardcore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Since when are gold and max level "winning"?
    Vanilla and TBC getting enough gold for your epic mount or epic flight required effort and could be seen as a win. Not so much from WotLK onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The latest generation of gamers is playing Minecraft and mobile games. WoW's main audience is (probably) old school players who no longer have the time or inclination to be hardcore.
    That is very true, the sub losses just shows you can't rely on a casual fickle customer base for the long term and Blizzard are slowly (or reluctantly) realising this. With all that said they made a fuck ton of money in a short space of time. Smacks of selling out though.

The developers have single handedly destroyed the MMO genre by not listening to the playerbase.

The game is 1% of what it used to be. Everyone can do everything. 0 sense of server community. 0 sense of any community what so ever.

There are 4 raid difficulties...for every raid. Think about that. You have 4 versions of the same raid......with 4 different tier sets......of the same tier.

Imagine if Karazhan had Kara LFR Kara Normal Kara Heroic Kara Mythic....imagine how stupid that would be. That is what we currently have.

Rewarding mediocre players instead of encouraging people to get better is why WoW has declined.

theres a myriad of reasons why ppl hate wow.
    its too easy, its too hard, its too fast, its too slow, lfr ruined community, crz ruined community, welfare pvp gear ruined.... catchup (welfare epics) ruined dungeons/raiding/outdoor content. bliz caters to this crowd, the armour or weapons look blah, the models/GFX is outdated. etc etc etc ...

you can't please everyone all the time, you can only please some people some of the time.
    you get the point...

Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    The developers have single handedly destroyed the MMO genre by not listening to the playerbase.
    it could be argued they have ruined things by actually listening to the playerbase when they should not.

I never said stop improving the game from vanilla but destroying the core of WoW is one of the reasons its lost a huge customer base.
    I'd have to say one of the biggest factors of WoW losing a "huge customer base" is mainly due to the game being bloody old, and people stopped playing for lots of reasons due to this passing of time. The game's peak was WotLK, which ended before Cata 6 years after WoW's initial release. WotLK ended 6 years ago... the game is 12 years old now. You'd be kidding yourself if you EVER expect WoW to see such numbers again.

Can't say I'm a fan of the direction Blizzard have taken WoW with the incredible "casualization" of WoW... I absolutely LOATHE LFR, and this pseudo sense of having a player population using CRZ (Sick to death of this plague of realm hoppers), for example, but I can understand it.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-05-26 at 05:50 AM.

Because the vocal minority are toddlers who cannot comprehend how to submit feedback in constructive ways - instead they bitch and moan all over any and all forums with unreasonable arguments trying to either alienate the rest of the playerbase to leave or beat down the newer generation into believing what they say is true.

Exclamation

The cost of WoW tokens, in gold, is so minuscule in comparison to the amount generated off Garrisons. Additionally, Blizzard did it to tackle gold sellers. So don't pretend there wasn't a "P2W", as you call it, existing prior to the token... gold sellers have existed since Vanilla.

With regards to the level boost, so what? Right now, even without heirlooms, it takes only a few days to hit the cap. It's not like they're boosted and given epics and they can immediately start jumping into raids, boosted characters are given an ilvl of 640.

So again, where's this "P2W" ?

P2W = given an advantage over others. There's absolutely nothing advantageous for the issues you listed.

WoW would have been long dead if it didn't cater to "casuals". God forbid if a business is 'forced' to appeal to the masses and not the hardcore minority.
    Nice dellusional world you live in bruuuh, so "hardcore minority" was 8 millions of ppl who left WoW for good after Cataclysm cuz WoW became shit(after 4.1 patch)... At that exact moment Blizzord started listening(never happened before) to hamsters/retards/noobs crying about dungeons being to hard for their hands to handle(~300k ppl or smth if i remember correctly) who cancelled their subscriptions and THIS is the EXACT reason which led to WoW downfall - nth else. Stop trying to blame WoW for being old - it is not a problem AT ALL there were 10.7mio of ppl at the start of WoD - shitty completely casual made expansion(worst of all btw) where are they now i wonder...

Moreover you know what's the difference between Old Blizzard which made awesome games like War3 or SC1 and new one which makes HOTS and Overwatches - 2 games which no one except few reaaaal noobs who can't handle real mobas and CS:GO cares about? It's the exact same reason as i stated above ;DD They are making this games appealing to noobs by removing from them almost everything which shows personal skill. So cancer-hands 1eyed trash won't be destroyed in 100% matches but only in 60% ones. Needless to say : take a look at WoW sub infographic(google it) - better then 1000 words.
    Last edited by Pu3Ho; 2016-05-26 at 05:55 AM.

I'd have to say one of the biggest factors of WoW losing a "huge customer base" is mainly due to the game being bloody old, and people stopped playing for lots of reasons due to this passing of time. The game's peak was WotLK, which ended before Cata 6 years after WoW's initial release. WotLK ended 6 years ago... the game is 12 years old now. You'd be kidding yourself if you EVER expect WoW to see such numbers again.

Can't say I'm a fan of the direction Blizzard have taken WoW with the incredible "casualization" of WoW... I absolutely LOATHE LFR for example, but I can understand it.
    Then we agree they catered to the masses to gain money and by doing so made the game worse for the rest. I understand they are a business but integrity was lost on blizzards part, remember "by gamers for gamers" well not anymore is it. These were people who set a standard for games.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, given WoD was far from the worst expansion (Cataclysm/BC were worse) and their business is doing just fine - the only thing left is "wanting the game to fail".

People are just butt hurt because whinge whinge, no reason.

WoW is doing fine for a 12 year old game... that's a fact.

Oh god, So many bad opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordoks View Post
    Why is there so much hate towards wow? I just don't get it. I feel like im the only one that wants the game to succeed. Is there anyone else that hopes for the best for the game? I never realized how many negative people there are, its just sad
    I think you are confusing 'passionate care' with 'hate'. People get upset when they see a game they love get mishandled, so they speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post

Moreover you know what's the difference between Old Blizzard which made awesome games like War3 or SC1 and new one which makes HOTS and Overwatches - 2 games which no one except few reaaaal noobs who can't handle real mobas and CS:GO cares about? It's the exact same reason as i stated above ;DD They are making this games appealing to noobs by removing almost everything which shows personal skill from them. So cancer-hands 1eyed trash won't be destroyed in 100% matches but only in 60% ones. Needless to say : take a look at WoW sub infographic(google it) - better then 1000 words.
    Do you...have a job? We are not all 13, begging parents for money so that we can all go hardcore in a video game. If I care for a "hardcore" game, I play DS. THere is no such thing as "hardcore" PvP game. Very notion is dumb. You just need to be better than all the other dum dums no matter how bad you are. Might as well call chess a "hard" game.

That is very true, the sub losses just shows you can't rely on a casual fickle customer base for the long term and Blizzard are slowly (or reluctantly) realising this. With all that said they made a fuck ton of money in a short space of time. Smacks of selling out though.
    I don't agree, Blizz have managed to keep WoW at the top of the subscription MMO genre for a dozen years by appealing to it's "casual fickle customer base." The sub losses show that games become less popular as they get older.

Can't say I'm a fan of the direction Blizzard have taken WoW with the incredible "casualization" of WoW... I absolutely LOATHE LFR, and this pseudo sense of having a player population using CRZ (Sick to death of this plague of realm hoppers), for example, but I can understand it.

WoW saw a 10 million player bump for WoD so to say it can't happen is absurd. It just proved people were willing to get hyped on WoW again and they thought WoD was gonna bring back the glory days and if it succeeded we would still see close to that number returning for Legion.