Page 1 of 31
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Summer Football and Transfers Thread 2016

Everything summer football and transfer related here!

Just a reminder, try to provide credible sources to transfer rumours.

A few things to discuss:

Who do you want your team to sign?
    Who do you want your team to get rid of?
    What positions need strengthening?
    Most overrated transfer target?

As with any football thread, the usual rules and banter topics apply here too.

One exception. We have a separate thread for the UEFA Euro 2016 tournament. This can be found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...UEFA-Euro-2016

Try to keep any discussions related to that in that thread!
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2016-05-31 at 10:15 PM.

New thread! Hi everyone!

Just for starters i would like for Sporting to not lose João Mário, Adrien Silva and Slimani but it will be very tough to keep the 3 if not impossible.

Deleted
    players id want at united lol...

sadio mane, Kostas Manolas, Zlatan Ibrahimovic.. then a couple more probably between kroos, gomes, niguez and griezmann. Has simeone confirmed hes staying at atletico? i expect them to lose a few players if hes not.

players on the way out.. mata. probably jones, valencia, powell (hopefully fellaini too). heard blind might be on his way out too but i hope he stays.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2016-05-31 at 10:51 PM.

Spurs need to sign some experience, a DM or CB imo. Possibly an actual left winger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Players linked to United - Everyone.

Players expected to sign for United - Fuck knows right now, this first week is going to be a royal mess.

Deleted
    We're just going to lose our prized asset and replace him with some physical academy player with bins for feet.

Oh wait Lacazette is the one everyone wants not our real prized asset Fékir.
    Fork out the cash chumps and chumpettes.

- - - Updated - - -

No way Blind stays at United; some shit about José not liking shorty's.
    Has some weird fetish about height advantages on setpieces.

Deleted
    I don't support any club, but I love attractive football and I hope Pjanic therefore makes a move to Barcelona as they fit perfectly well. The only negative is that set-pieces would still primarily belong to Messi, even though Pjanic is better at them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Fellaini go... sure he's tall and mostly good at set pieces, but he's a thug too and it annoys me. It's a miracle if he doesn't elbow someone during a game.

Blind... I'm not so sure about. If he was to play in midfield he might be more useful, but he's too much a liability as a defender.

Marcus Rojo... just ain't cutting it frankly.

I'm not sure who I'd like United to sign, too many names to mention. All I know is United need to strengthen their midfield and defence, offence doesn't seem to be too much an issue with Martial, Rashford, Rooney etc.

Nice to see Fosu Mensah signing a new contract.

I want Arsenal to cut loose Theo and sign a decent striker, CB and wide player. But we've already signed a player so signing 1 more might be a stretch for Arsene, let alone another 3.

Most overrated transfer target is Zlatan, bite me.
    Best signing of the summer will be GRANIT XHAKA.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka34 View Post
    Most overrated transfer target is Zlatan, bite me.
    No reason to bite you, you could well be right tbh. It seems some players just don't perform well in the PL *looks at Memphis*.

But then again Zlatan is Zlatan. Way more experienced than Memphis so...

While it would be nice to have him at United, there are higher priorities.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2016-06-01 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeovil need a while new team because once again we stick to loan players and don't build a team.

United need to dump some players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    United need to dump some players.
    Jones, Fellaini, Rojo, maybe Blind. Seems people want Mata to go too, dunno why though, I think he's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    No reason to bite you, you could well be right tbh. It seems some players just don't perform well in the PL *looks at Memphis*.

While it would be nice to have him at United, there are higher priorities.
    I just wanna start off by saying I personally think Zlatan is a bit over rated. But what he does have is Strength and size, with good ball receiving/handling. And he looks just as strong and big as he ever has even though hes getting older. His abilities are not so linked to age like speed/fitness etc. Plus he would actually fit in with man utds squad really well considering most of united offense is younger players. They could use the Zlatans experience to help them develop rather than getting in another younger player.

Memphis will be interesting. I think he might have a shot to grow under Jose. Van Gaal to me looked like he didnt play Memphis at all how he should be played. Firstly hes better at running without the ball but everytime he was playing under LVG he received the ball in static positions or had to turn to receive the ball then make the run. Also he scored a lot more goals when luke shaw was playing who is a threat down the left wing and can pull the defender out to make more space for memphis. The real question is where you play him on the pitch. Out wide on the left u want martial and hes not a Center striker. Possibly on the right. Interesting times. I wouldnt write him off just yet
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-06-01 at 07:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Experience AND physical presence, something that makes a difference in the EPL. Even Mesut Ozil decided to bulk up in order to better manage the physical side of the game. Interestingly, though, that's not where Man United are weakest; it's everywhere else they've got problems and a lack of strength in depth.

As for Hibs, our Scottish Cup winning coach is going to Rotherham. It's a downer, but the early running from the bookies shows that none of them really have the slightest clue who'll replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yeovil need a while new team because once again we stick to loan players and don't build a team.
    Hibs went down that route a few years back before a big overhaul. It's a policy that gets you relegated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    No way Blind stays at United; some shit about José not liking shorty's.
    Has some weird fetish about height advantages on setpieces.
    Set pieces have not been our forte this season.

Memphis has to go.

Blind will be gone. Mourinho has this weird thing where he thinks you need 3 "giants" in a team. So blind will be scraps for this philosophy

I can see Mou keeping Mata this time. Theres only so much quality in the united squad at the moment and you cant sell everyone in one window.

Also to all united fans worried about rashford and other young players not being played, two words Varane(21) and Balotelli(18). That is all
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-06-01 at 08:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll defend Phil Jones to the death here, sure he looks like a Gopher, has injuries now and then and defends things in the most unconventional way you can think of.

But even if he's flopping on the floor like a fish out of water, he got a goal kick out of it. Jones and Smalling is always my ideal centreback partnership at United. It gets results..

So does the giant Spaniard behind them but that's neither here nor there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope Fellaini goes. Cant stand how he always has to elbow someone in every game...

Im VERY afraid that Mourinho will sell Mata. I really hope not since at his prime Mata is one of the best players who have played in the BPL and i think he has been one of Uniteds best players since he joined. Not to mention what a gantleman and really nice person he is. Its nice to have a person like that in your club

And of course the entire summer will be about how Real wants De Gea..... That would seriously suck donkey balls if that goes through

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka34 View Post
    I want Arsenal to cut loose Theo and sign a decent striker, CB and wide player. But we've already signed a player so signing 1 more might be a stretch for Arsene, let alone another 3.
    Pretty much this - guess this will be the unanimous response for all Gooners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    I really hope Fellaini goes. Cant stand how he always has to elbow someone in every game...

Im VERY afraid that Mourinho will sell Mata. I really hope not since at his prime Mata is one of the best players who have played in the BPL and i think he has been one of Uniteds best players since he joined. Not to mention what a gantleman and really nice person he is. Its nice to have a person like that in your club

And of course the entire summer will be about how Real wants De Gea..... That would seriously suck donkey balls if that goes through
    Apparently they're after Courtois now, and Navas had a great season too so I'm not sure GK is top of the list at Real anymore. If De Gea does go, getting Navas in return wouldn't be the worst deal in the world.

I'd like to think we'll keep Mata as well, he's apparently a massive influence in the dressing room and he has been a solid, consistent player even though he spent a lot of the season out of position.

Not sure about Jones any more, he's been out a long time and was not good on return with the reserves; he lost a lot of fitness. If he can get that back over the summer then maybe, but we do need more back up in central defence I think.

We should let Fellaini and Schweinsteiger go, the former isn't really our style and a bit of a liability, while the latter really isn't the player he was and is too injury prone.