Deleted

Did they recently change how the black hole works in xhul?

There appears to be a strong knockback of some kind right on the spawn of it before it appears on the ground. Those doing chains would know what I'm talking about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its always done that.. if you stand where it's spawning it knocks you back...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    I've done it always on the chains group and I've never seen that weird knockback. I'm talking about a huge ~30-40yds relocation of the user to another place. e.g. from the back near the edge, towards the melee or entrance.

- - - Updated - - -

It feels as if you clicked a portal that sent you to its max distance but you didn't click a portal. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a quirk/bug though that would go away with a soft reset or so. It doesn't seem right in any sense that the designers would do that because only a class with a very fast way to go back fast, say a double blink, would find it convenient (well, unless they want to make the chains group harder to operate).
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-05-26 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    Its always done that.. if you stand where it's spawning it knocks you back...
    This ^
    I think it was a bit of bad luck prevention to throw people away before they blow up or die from being in the spawn location

Link logs?

It's always had a knockback but not 40 yards.

You might have been jumping when the knockback occured. Much like Jump+Disengage which any hunter worth his salt knows brings you further, jumping while getting knocked somewhere will have you travel further at the accelerated knock-speed.

This mechanic was present in progress as well. Have you played with your eyes closed for the past year?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    This mechanic was present in progress as well. Have you played with your eyes closed for the past year?
    Or you know wasn't dumb enough to stand in one after it finished spawning.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You might have been jumping when the knockback occured. Much like Jump+Disengage which any hunter worth his salt knows brings you further, jumping while getting knocked somewhere will have you travel further at the accelerated knock-speed.
    It might be something like that. I also believe that I probably tried to blink right on the spawn of it. It might not behave well when positioning-altering spells and that effect happen almost at the same time.

In any case it has been weird. I have been baiting that that hole for almost 200 pulls and only last time it's been too weird about that part. It's as if it does work correctly almost, but it was too lenient before. I almost think that others were getting what I get now correctly but I didn't get the mechanic on my character correctly before because I'm pretty certain that I have been getting holes right on my character, right on the center of my character without any knockback at all in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

I usually blinked out of it right after I saw the graphic on the ground.
    Oh jesus, I think I might know what's going on. I probably had lower graphics settings this time, giving me a much slower indication of its spawn (particles density was still 'good' but it probably needs other settings higher in this case).
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-05-28 at 01:46 AM.