Question Glyph of Hammer of the Righteous

Just started playing my paladin again, and I'm loving it! I'm a very active player, usually topping meters in "Activity" even when I don't top them in anything else :P I love having so many useful options to choose from! So many I can never use them all!

I am confused about this one glyph. The descriptions says:

"The physical damage reduction caused by Hammer of the Righteous now lasts 50% longer."

What damage reduction does Hammer of the Righteous offer, and what is this buffing? I can't find any mention of damage reduction from HoR anywhere, and don't see this glyph even mentioned in guides, but I do have it available on live. Is it useful at all? Does it possibly buff Shield of the Righteous? I mean, 4.5 seconds on SoR rather than 3 seconds could be very useful, but it seems strange that a typo could still exist after so many patches.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-05-26 at 08:40 AM. Reason: spelling

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    That's interesting. Wasn't that glyph removed in Warlords of Draenor?

Once upon a time, back in Cata-Mop-ish (I forget), Hammer of the Righteous applied a debuff that reduced the physical damage the target dealt, meaning Prot Paladins had to use it all the time (or weave it between crusader strikes if they were more clever) unless there was another source of the debuff in the group. That glyph made weaving it a little more forgiving.

But it's not supposed to be in the game still, I don't think. The physical damage reduction debuff thing was pruned in Warlords.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    That's interesting. Wasn't that glyph removed in Warlords of Draenor?

Once upon a time, back in Cata-Mop-ish (I forget), Hammer of the Righteous applied a debuff that reduced the physical damage the target dealt, meaning Prot Paladins had to use it all the time (or weave it between crusader strikes if they were more clever) unless there was another source of the debuff in the group. That glyph made weaving it a little more forgiving.

But it's not supposed to be in the game still, I don't think. The physical damage reduction debuff thing was pruned in Warlords.
    Crazy! I still have it available in game! lol But probably a ghost of a glyph that just wastes a spot. I'm using Final Wrath/Consecrator/Hand of Sacrifice while leveling anyway. But if there had been a way to buff SoR I wanted to know about it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

It's just old text from a previous expansion. If it really bothers you, you can open a ticket and a GM will send it to their QA team. How long the fix list of the QA team is, we will never know.